No announcement yet.

Mayweather Jr Vs Cotto Is Bound To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    The reason i would call it intersting is that Floyd is unlike the guys that beat up Cotto, if Cotto is going to get a big fight I would like to see him fight a guy like Floyd.

I think Floyd beats him up also but there are cases to be made for Cotto, I really can't make a case for him against Manny other than Steward and taht is pretty weak.

Plus I like watching what Floyd does in the ring and it would be interesting to see how he does things with Cotto.
    I respect your point of view, but everybody knows Cotto is past it. I'd agree with you if they fought before he faced Margarito. i don't doubt people are still holding out in hopes Cotto can come back strong, but the likelihood of that happening looks slim at best. Manny showed him mercy in their fight which should have ended in about round six.

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Sparked him? no man, he didnt spark him. Margarito took alot damn good shots. Credit to margo for staying up. cards were tied going into the eleventh, **** just caught up. Pacquiao is pacquiao, may doesnt have pacs offense. but after watching mosley stun may a couple times, i kinda question his chin. also, cotto focusing on the body is a recipe for success.

1. May aint knocking cotto out
    2. Cotto will put alot of good shots on may
    3. Cotto's boxing ability is underrated.
    4. i could keep listing about underappreciaed speed, great timing, great jab, better footwork, etc, but yeah, cotto can hang with mayweather. In terms of mayweather, cotto is alot bigger of a check than he has been getting recently.
    You're forgetting about Floyd's defense which is superior to any fighter Cotto has ever faced. Yeah Floyd may not knock Cotto out, but he's just as fast or faster than Manny. Would you rather see him get humiliated like he did against Manny on account he won't be able to figure how to hit Floyd solidly? Yes, he'll hit Floyd a few times but what good will that do if he's past it and won't win convincingly?

Comment

Mayweather/Haymon can't work with Arum. We saw proof of that when $100 Million dollars was left on the table in two negotiation attempts to make the richest fight in boxing history.

Forget about a fight with Miguel Cotto. Or anyone from Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

You're forgetting about Floyd's defense which is superior to any fighter Cotto has ever faced. Yeah Floyd may not knock Cotto out, but he's just as fast or faster than Manny. Would you rather see him get humiliated like he did against Manny on account he won't be able to figure how to hit Floyd solidly? Yes, he'll hit Floyd a few times but what good will that do if he's past it and won't win convincingly?
        Who has cotto not been able to hit, not been able to time? Yeah, floyd is one of the fastest, but cotto is a great timer, and has a great jab. floyd would get caught with punches, and im not sure he can last. floyd will catch cotto too, but he doesnt have enough power, or the style of fighting like pac to bust him up. pac was constantly throwing shots, but floyd isnt like that. he's a points fighter. cotto's boxing ability is very underrated, when he is smart and uses his jab, he is one of the best. under steward, he will only improve.

Comment

cotto is done, finished, wash-up, and shot. this is the only reason pac is trying to fight him.

Comment

read my posts
            yeah I seen your post, but you left out the fact that Cotto has a HISTORY of slowing down late in fights and he does have stamina issues

AGAIN, if you have stamina issues against Mayweather...YOU DON'T Stand A CHANCE! because your going to have to go 12 rounds, I think Cotto would get stopped by the 10th or 11th not by KO but probably due to swelling or cuts

Mayweather would box circles around Cotto, Cotto's only chance would be to land something early like Mosley...but your also left out the fact that Cotto doesn't have the hand speed of Mosley, so what Mosley was able to do doesn't mean others will be able to do

Comment

I'd rather see him fight Berto honestly. And Mayweather vs any Top Rank fighter beside maybe Pac will never happen. So it may as well be Mayweather vs a prime SRR.

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                cotto is done, finished, wash-up, and shot. this is the only reason pac is trying to fight him.
                he just outboxed a boxer

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Mayweather/Haymon can't work with Arum. We saw proof of that when $100 Million dollars was left on the table in two negotiation attempts to make the richest fight in boxing history.

Forget about a fight with Miguel Cotto. Or anyone from Top Rank.

EXACTLY!

Mayweather vs Cotto won't happen until 2012 if they are still boxing, Cotto contract with Top Rank won't end until late 2011

so the chances of this fighting happening is very slim anyway, Mayweather don't like Arum and Arum is still upset that Mayweather left Top Rank and became a bigger star and a bigger draw without Arum

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    yeah I seen your post, but you left out the fact that Cotto has a HISTORY of slowing down late in fights and he does have stamina issues
                    AGAIN, if you have stamina issues against Mayweather...YOU DON'T Stand A CHANCE! because your going to have to go 12 rounds, I think Cotto would get stopped by the 10th or 11th not by KO but probably due to swelling or cuts

Mayweather would box circles around Cotto, Cotto's only chance would be to land something early like Mosley...but your also left out the fact that Cotto doesn't have the hand speed of Mosley, so what Mosley was able to do doesn't mean others will be able to do
                    Cotto doesnt have the hand speed as mosley, last i remembered, cotto matched with mosley(reminds me of people saying cotto couldnt touch manny, cotto just had a bad gameplan, and tried overpowering manny). mosley doesnt jab, cotto does. you cant really say history as far as cotto being shaky down the stretch, as every fight up to margarito, cotto would get stronger(usually after the 9th). cotto was doing perfectly fine with foreman.

Comment

he just outboxed a boxer
                      lol....yuri is a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X