Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Jr Vs Cotto Is Bound To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes people think May-Cotto will be a competitive fight? Margarito sparked him and Pacquiao lit him up. Then all people would say is "It was boring".

Hate to say it, but Cotto may have to come in at 154 now against anybody for the fight to possibly be competitive. That's IF he can show he can still hang in there without getting humiliated.

Comment

No for 2 good reasons:
      -Cotto lives in puerto rico
      -Pacquiao is on steroids even though he agreed to take the tests.

Comment

He'd retire Cotto.

Hell Pac is taking a tune up with Margarito. Floyd should take a Cotto tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          What makes people think May-Cotto will be a competitive fight? Margarito sparked him and Pacquiao lit him up. Then all people would say is "It was boring".

Hate to say it, but Cotto may have to come in at 154 now against anybody for the fight to possibly be competitive. That's IF he can show he can still hang in there without getting humiliated.
          The reason i would call it intersting is that Floyd is unlike the guys that beat up Cotto, if Cotto is going to get a big fight I would like to see him fight a guy like Floyd.

I think Floyd beats him up also but there are cases to be made for Cotto, I really can't make a case for him against Manny other than Steward and taht is pretty weak.

Plus I like watching what Floyd does in the ring and it would be interesting to see how he does things with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty07 View Post
            This.

Anything less will expose the coward even more.
            then why is pacroid about to fight cotto?

Comment

For all you *****'s, just because Floyds abilities look better on PAPER doesn't mean he will win. Thats all you guys say is "floyd has better this and better that." Well Cotto is like a better version of Castillo and we all know what happen to Floyd in that 1st Castillo fight even Tho floyd had all the advantages on paper in terms of skill. Skill doesn't win matches all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

Sparked him? no man, he didnt spark him. Margarito took alot damn good shots. Credit to margo for staying up. cards were tied going into the eleventh, **** just caught up. Pacquiao is pacquiao, may doesnt have pacs offense. but after watching mosley stun may a couple times, i kinda question his chin. also, cotto focusing on the body is a recipe for success.

1. May aint knocking cotto out
                2. Cotto will put alot of good shots on may
                3. Cotto's boxing ability is underrated.
                4. i could keep listing about underappreciaed speed, great timing, great jab, better footwork, etc, but yeah, cotto can hang with mayweather. In terms of mayweather, cotto is alot bigger of a check than he has been getting recently.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                  For all you *****'s, just because Floyds abilities look better on PAPER doesn't mean he will win. Thats all you guys say is "floyd has better this and better that." Well Cotto is like a better version of Castillo and we all know what happen to Floyd in that 1st Castillo fight even Tho floyd had all the advantages on paper in terms of skill. Skill doesn't win matches all the time.

some people just can't pick against guys they like or they hate picking the guy that they don't like so they find just all type of excuses and they try to convince themselves other wise, Cotto in his prime would have been a poor match up for Mayweather, you cannot have Stamina issues against Mayweather, Mayweather's style is basically to take you to the deepest end of the pool then drown you, meaning that he takes you to the later rounds of a match when you are fatigued and not thinking correctly and he picks you apart

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS! That is a saying many people just don't understand but it is so true "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!" and unfortunately Cotto style just doesn't make for a great fight with Mayweather IMO, I think it would be a very one sided fight

some people are quick to say "Cotto would win" but they can't even give a legit break down as to why, they are picking Cotto simply because they don't like Mayweather, unfortunately boxing doesn't work like that lol
                  Last edited by sicko; 07-20-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Won't happen......Cotto's residence is still in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      some people just can't pick against guys they like or they hate picking the guy that they don't like so they find just all type of excuses and they try to convince themselves other wise, Cotto in his prime would have been a poor match up for Mayweather, you cannot have Stamina issues against Mayweather, Mayweather's style is basically to take you to the deepest end of the pool then drown you, meaning that he takes you to the later rounds of a match when you are fatigued and not thinking correctly and he picks you apart

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS! That is a saying many people just don't understand but it is so true "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!" and unfortunately Cotto style just doesn't make for a great fight with Mayweather IMO, I think it would be a very one sides fight

some people are quick to say "Cotto would win" but they can't even give a legit break down as to why, they are picking Cotto simply because they don't like Mayweather, unfortunately boxing doesn't work like that lol

read my posts

Comment

Working...
                      X