No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Talks: Not Interested in Pacquiao Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sputnik View Post
    Floyd officially DUCKED Pacquiao, his excuse is unnaceptable. If he just said that he can't fight Pacquiao because there is a possibility that Roger Mayweather would be unavailable (due to some legal battles) then boxing fans (some including non Mayweather fans) would respect that. Heck even Pacquiao would be hesitant to fight withoug Roach in his corner.

But giving out a lame excuse that he just fought 60 days ago and etc is plain unnaceptable. Even a objectively minded Mayweather fan (which is RARE) can't digest the excuse.

So stop defending the indefensible, facts are already in. Well at least Floyd got to win the ESPY awards LOL...it gives him some additional boost to his drought ridden ego (well of course Pacquiao has been racking up the awards as of late, its not bad to spread the love :blow: )

So yeah...Roasted DUCK anyone?
    it's not officially done for this year.. a contract has not been signed with anybody for november yet

Comment

• Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
      yeah he was the champ and cotto never calls out anyone by name due to respect and he just says he can fight anybody they put in front of him, but the man was i think the (WBA) champ when they were ready to battle for undefeated legitimate welterweights (not a jr like hatton)...cotto came off his win from shane and floyd of from hatton and everything was set rite?

then floyd retires! goes to WWE to fight the "big show"...boxingscene has videos themselves of cotto calling out floyd (and margarito lol)...cotto was actually talking **** about another fighter, which was surprising since he has so much class, but thats what floyd can do...cotto was saying floyd's been doing that his whole career, picking opponents and not fighting the best..and cotto was saying im pretty sure if we fought, i would of beaten floyd..cotto was the real deal at welter in the particular time my dude...
      I would say you are right especially with the jab he was snapping Shanes head back with. Do you think Arum wanted the fight? He tried to push Margarito down his throat but, I don't remember him trying to propose a fight with him and Cotto. When they were both at 140 I would say Floyd kills Cotto but, he became a beast at 147. The only one at the time including PWill that I thought would really give him a difficult ass fight. Even Roger said so...

Comment

• If Uncle ROG didn't FIGHT JC CHAVEZ,
        at the RIV in 85, he wouldn't have gone
        to SLEEP in ROUND 2!!! ROG Should have
        gone on VACATION!!!

Had SENIOR gone on VACATION, Ray Leonard
        wouldn't have WHIPPED, and KO'd his ASS!!!

BOY has the ability to learn from HIS FAMILIES
        MISTAKES, and KNOWS it's TIME to take a VACATION!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          I consider his opposition to be highly overrated, I dont hate Manny Pacquiao but I believe he has gotten way more credit for his wins than he deserves. This is just my opinion, Don't hate me for it.

Let's look at his best wins...

Morales - Coming off a one sided loss to Raheem, Losing every round.
          Oscar - Fought an entire division below his natural weight.
          Hatton - Ruined by Floyd, Went down another division in weight.
          Cotto - Had just been beaten to a pulp by Margarito

You might think im making excuses but this is how I feel. I'm not saying Pacquiao isnt a good fighter, He beat Barrera in his prime and deserves credit for that. But I dont think his resume is as good as some people like to make out.
          Well, if Mayweather would have accepted the fight then we would both know for sure. Now all we can do is speculate but you gotta wonder what the 'real' reason is for Floyd not accepting the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frighteous View Post
            He's waiting for Pac to plateau.

Juice or no juice, when a man plateaus unless he's doing everything 100% healthy(this means nobody, except maybe 3 or 4 active fighters that include mayweather, hopkins and bradley and possibly dzinziruk), he will have a 2 year falloff period after the plateau. This only occurs in world level sports that require lots of anaerobic activity like boxing. He's waiting for him to show a sign of weakness and then expect Mayweather to come back in full force, similar to Leonard with Hagler.
            Originally posted by patpatpts View Post
            he fight pac in 2011 because he don't want to pay all that tax **** in 2010
            I FEEL YALL!!! nah nah nah, this is what these die hard floyd fans can hold on to at the moment!...cuz yall are pretty much ***ed! better bob and weave around the boxing world..maybe a lot a pull counters like floyd cuz dayium! yall gonna need it

Comment

• Originally posted by ncpitbull View Post
              The thing that has me pissed, is that this boxing and anything can happen. What if Pac struggles in his next outing, this potential fight with Floyd could lose some luster. I wanted to see them both at their peaks. To bad Floyd does not feel the same way.
              That is the danger of putting the fight out off until next year one punch can change a fight or a fighter. Other than Roger's situation I say anything less is a unacceptable. If Pac said that Floyd would be all over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
                I FEEL YALL!!! nah nah nah, this is what these die hard floyd fans can hold on to at the moment!...cuz yall are pretty much ***ed! better bob and weave around the boxing world..maybe a lot a pull counters like floyd cuz dayium! yall gonna need it
                no dude it's true, but they didn't include the part of him being a *****

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                  57 pages...Jesus!

I'm not thrilled with the response and really wish Mayweather would have entertained fighting Manny in November, but I respect his freedom to do whatever he pleases. Floyd has made $65 million in his last 2 fights and wants to relax and enjoy it for a bit. Whatever.
                  I love how Floyd fans love to over-inflate the amount of money he has made in his last two fights. Against JMM, he made less a little more than $10 million (guaranteed was $10 million, minus some cash for coming in over weight) and the gaining a couple from PPVs and a guaranteed $22.5 vs. Mosley and gaining a couple million on PPV buys. How that comes up to $65 million does not equate with me....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Smith View Post
                    I would say you are right especially with the jab he was snapping Shanes head back with. Do you think Arum wanted the fight? He tried to push Margarito down his throat but, I don't remember him trying to propose a fight with him and Cotto. When they were both at 140 I would say Floyd kills Cotto but, he became a beast at 147. The only one at the time including PWill that I thought would really give him a difficult ass fight. Even Roger said so...
                    ill reply to this or to u personally after i read what every boxing fan is saying my dude...i barely post on here cuz i hate talking or debating with some of these dudes about boxing on the internet lol...but ill get back with u my man, frill frill...

but to let u know, yes floyd over cotto at 140..but 147 is a good good fight! ill explain more later bro mans...

Comment

• Originally posted by flint View Post
                      all roads lead to floyd mayweather. he knows exactly what he's doing.
                      Unfortunately, he placed a checkpoint and anybody named Manny Pacquiao couldn't pass through.

Comment

Working...
                      X