No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Talks: Not Interested in Pacquiao Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses are just that EXCUSES!

Whether you are a Manny fan giving excuses regarding why he turned down the very same stipulations that were on the table prior to the Clottey fight

or

If your Mayweather fan giving your reasons as to why he didn't take this fight since the very same stipulations he requested previously are being agreed to now...

I don't think either fighter is scared because if Manny agreed to fight PBF for random testing all the way up to the fight and 55% PBF to %45 PAC - I think PBF agrees to this all day long...and as far as we can tell Manny is now agreeing to 50/50 and random testing up to 14 days before the fight.

I just hope Manny can create enough interest in his next fight to keep the 50/50 he thinks he deserves...I don't think he can crack a million with Cotto again (Especially given his previous destruction of Manny) and it remains to be seen if he can generate big numbers with Margarito.

We might NOT end up with a fight in May of 2011 if the PPV numbers for PAC's next fight aren't close to 1.5 million - I think a fight against Cotto or Margarito does less than a Million PPV buys...I however think both fighters can do 1.5 million PPV buys plus if they fight any of the following PWIll, Sergio Martinez or the winner of Bradley/Devon/Berto.

Just my two cents!
    Peace Mo!

Comment

• Originally posted by amayseng View Post
      BOXERS USED TO FIGHT 2-3 TIMES A MONTH FOR YEARS BACK IN THE DAY.

look how many fights duran, sugar ray robinson and the likes of hagler had.

how did manny blow it? because he wouldnt jump at the steroid accusations and unheardof tests that mayweather threw at him.?

we can speculate about the first negotiations not working out

however, we have concrete evidence this time that FLOYD DOES NOT WANT IT

i mean, how does a man who considers himself the best boxer EVER, to allow pacman to get fighter of the decade and he not want to prove himself???

that right there answers all questions
      And those fighter's end up in bad health and destitute. When you get to a certain status you can pick and choose your fights. It's not like Floyd didn't fight often in his first few years as a professional. From 96-98n he fought 18 times and was a champ (fighter of the year in 1988). He's now wealthy and does not have to fight again. It's a reward for being a brilliant fighter who got paid and did it his way.

Comment

• miedo

Plain and simple pretty pus mayweather is afraid of pacman
        it is a shame he mayweather pretends to be one of the best ever
        when he is no better than pernell swit pea or even de la hoya
        now he si waits to se if pacmas slows down or get him where he would not be at his best to fight him.
        What a shame,he could have been one of the best ever
        now he is tha bigget pus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          yup...dude's not interested in the fight

he tried to call out PAC a couple of days after he beat Cotto and TR tried to at least negotiate

and now here he is saying 'i fought 60 days ago...i aint thinkin about the fight'

f'n *****...
          good point!!

Comment

• Floyd says " quack quack quack"

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              We will have to wait all the way until May of next year for this ****ing fight. That's 2 damn years of build up. Unbelievable.
              this is y UFC is gaining some serious momnetum!!

Comment

• This is a *new press release from Mayweather Promotions, found it on www.*****.org

The Mayweather Mission Statement

Let all the other "talented" fighters face each other. I hope that all of them engage each other in tough grueling match-ups, so that with each match, they leave the best pieces of themselves in that ring, never to look the same again and stand further removed their peaks/primes, then I will announce my grand return.

Once I see a weakness, or a crack in the armor, that will be my signal...vacation time will be over. I will hop off the Segway and conduct interviews telling anyone within earshot just how much I missed boxing and came back to face the best, that is of course until the best call my bluff, then it may be time for another vacation.

And when I win, I will tell people that I'm the greatest to ever do it and all my fans will believe it, and shout it from the rafters, heck all my fans already believe that. This is my plan...so far...so good.

Sincerely,

Mayweather Promotions (The Uno)
                Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 07-19-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Travdog View Post
                  And those fighter's end up in bad health and destitute. When you get to a certain status you can pick and choose your fights. It's not like Floyd didn't fight often in his first few years as a professional. From 96-98n he fought 18 times and was a champ (fighter of the year in 1988). He's now wealthy and does not have to fight again. It's a reward for being a brilliant fighter who got paid and did it his way.
                  Brilliant fighter...nah... Brilliant business man YES!

Who cares if he fought 18 times from 96-98...look @ who he fought. Genaro hernandez was his best opponent. That's called building up your record. All fighters start off that way.

And your right....He's now wealthy and does not have to fight again...BUT HE CAME BACK to prove he was the best...and quite frankly he's not proving it. We all know he has money. Now he needs to fight the likes of cotto,pac,and williams... He should of fought cotto years ago before Margarito and Pac got to him...Show us an encore after the mosely bout...if not...you will never get the respect that your alwayz crying for. JUST FIGHT PAC! that's what your fans want to see...that's what the boxing community wants to see...and that's what the world wants to see.

Comment

• The boy is scared period.........nuf said........

Comment

• Wow, 700+ replies...

Comment

Working...
                      X