No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Talks: Not Interested in Pacquiao Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Cro, I don't put a lot of stock in anything Mayweather says bro. According to some, he's been "ducking" everyone since leaving the lightweight division. But all he does is keep lining up one superfight after another and selling the hell outta PPVs. I look at this no differently. Hell, I'm not convinced that Mayweather-Pacquaio doesn't happen this year. All I know is that regardless of what either says, every move each makes will be somehow preserve the mega event everyone wants. So worrying about either losing or looking bad won't happen. We just have to let it play out. Personally bro, I just kinda over living and dying with every word that comes outta either of these cats, or their camps mouths. I'm just gonna let it play itself and when I'll pass judgement when the time comes. That time just isn't now.
    I don't worry about what some mutants say about Floyd ducking since The Lightweight Division, I'm just focusing on Floyd.

But where me and you disagree on is the "let things play out before passing judgement" statement. I gave Floyd the benefit of the doubt during the "silence" period and ignored Arum's chirping about Cotto & Margarito. That's me letting things play out.

After the Top Rank deadline, I still gave Floyd the benefit of doubt, that he was gonna come out real soon and just sign on to the fight out of nowhere. But that time is over now, he's released his statement, no complains about cutoff's for drug testing, no money issues, NOTHING. He's already been on a long break, it's time to put in work now. Pacquiao is his last real challenger of this generation, he gets this over with, then he is entitled & free to do whatever he wants, retire or cherry-pick whoever he wants for big paydays for the rest of his career.

Right now I can't help but think (based on past observations) that he is waiting for Pacquiao to **** UP and perhaps lose like Cotto did. In 2007 after the Hatton fight, the demand was for him to fight the undefeated Cotto. He told Larry Merchant that is taking time off and not gonna let the sport retire him. Fast foward a year & half later, Cotto got beaten up by Margarito, and Margarito got caught cheating. That's two birds killed without ever fighting either one of them.

What makes you think it isn't gonna be the same here. Pacquiao either wins his next one and retires, clearing the room for Floyd, or he losses clearing the room for Floyd. Or he looks horrible in a knockout, drag-out fight and Floyd jumps to sign the fight. That's the way it's looking right now from this side of the fence. HE DID IT ALL TO HIMSELF.
    Last edited by cupocity303; 07-18-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
      yeah right. if manny (WHO SHoULDNT have to take ANY extra test outside of what the commission DEMANDS, just because FLOYD SR whom started this whole PEDS conspiracy) Would have rolled over or layed down to Floyds
      ckicken **** demands,1. it woulda been a mental defeat on Pac, 2. Floyd Whom cant Mentally Touch PAC, would have **** a brick or (another Mayweather) and figured out away to get out of this fight anyways!!! So there you have it!!
      I speak english my man.

Comment

• Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
        not true at all, when floyd does wrong, he gets **** for it, by me especially--i have criticized floyd a lot, but when it's all you see, and many of it isn't justified, he has to have somebody defend him, especially if that person has legit arguments for him---not just excuses----i keep an open mind, but a lot of times floyd is not treated fair, and it's been this way for years----he gets into big fights on ppv, people say, well, it wasn't him who sold the fight, it was his opponents. wtf is that ****? as if he had no parts in that-----or, well, he beat this guy who was past his prime, but then manny does it, and oh my God, manny is the truth! or he retired when the division was redhot, only to comeback to fight a lightweight, but then one of those hot fighters gets found with paster in their wraps, and gets ko'ed by the guy who floyd waited too long to fight just a little over a year prior to floyd fighting him, floyd comes back and fights the numbr 2 p4p fighter in the sport at the time, albeit smaller, yes he was, but if we're going to hash floyd doing that, even though he was gone almost 2 years, then we have to bash b hop for fighting a guy 10 pounds over his weight class in pavlik, or fighting oscar at 160 or trinidad, or roy fighting tito----or de la hoya fighting manny-----or ruiz fighting jones---why is it that the smaller man can't lose in that situation, but the bigger man has nothing to win because he's the bigger man---and what does that say about manny fighting floyd? manny skipped 2 weight classes in 2008, late 2008 to fight oscar and dusted him, why couldn't floyd give jmm that chance---and believe me, his win over jmm isn't one of his best wins, not even close imo---but it was a great showing for a guy who was not in the sport for about 2 years and who suffered a rib injury, whether you believe it or not--------

people used to argue, well, jmm looked bad against juan diaz, so him moving up 2 weight classes, really only 7 pounds to fight floyd, who came in 2 pounds over the contracted weight was a huge disadvantage and unfair fight---but in turn, jmm put up a better fight than shane mosley did-----than clottey did against manny-----hell, than cotto did against manny-----then, floyd wants manny in march, for 50/50, and wants ost's for them both, and it's a huge conspiracy on manny? don't you think it would be a huge conspiracy on floyd also? what great champion would not prove to the world that he's a clean athlete and rub it in his opponent's face and take random ost's, no cutoffs, and floyd even compromised a 2 week cutoff, but manny walked away to fight the loser of the fight with his last opponent, in cotto----floyd fights the official ww champion, who manny picked to beat floyd and didn't want to fight at catchweights in 2009, only to fight clottey at 147---man the irony--

and manny doesn't get bashed by the media for this? it's hard not to defend floyd when all he gets is hated on by everyone it seems---but, i see past the bull****-----
        Your spinning in circles man. I lost interest after the first post you wrote. You need to structure your writing better. Your use of capitals and punctuations are nauseating to look at. I mean your paragraph is one long sentence with no periods. You should focus more on passing the writing exam in high school and less on defending Floyd.
        Last edited by blaze778; 07-18-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Come on Mayweather nut-huggers...let me hear those excuses to defend your king.

Comment

• floyd to fight bobby pacquiao instead

Comment

• The Matthew Hatton win on Friday changed EVERYTHING!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
                Man I hate to say it but if Floyd dosent fight manny in nov I dont wanna see him fight ever. He should just retire, his doing much damage to the sport. Real disappointed in Floyd.
                i agree... i understand the bad blood between the two camps... but for floyd to take a break and avoid OTHER potential & dangerous fights really hurt his legacy.... for a man who ALREADY is publicly known as a ducker, this was the WORST move for him to make.

at least manny is FIGHTING. period.

Comment

• Wonder why it wasnt possible to just say it from the beginning. All i had to hear is Floyd really wants this for the last 2 months lol

Comment

• Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
                    Wonder why it wasnt possible to just say it from the beginning. All i had to hear is Floyd really wants this for the last 2 months lol
                    You haven't heard that from Mayweather or his camp. You people need lives man.

Comment

• Seriously do you honestly think people will read a whole essay?

Comment

Working...
                      X