Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horus Presents: WHY is Team Pacquiao making getting 50% a STICKING POINT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
    You also haven't heard either side deny it either.
    thats because team mayweather is following the gag order

Comment

60-40 either way wont make the fight. 50/50 is fair. the 2.5M w/ oscar is going way over floyd's head, he thinks it's because of him and not dlh.

fair comparison is pac-cotto and floyd-mosley. they're about even in ppv numbers and the popularity of the opponents. dont even bring up clottey, that guy has no fanbase and is known only to pure hardcore fans, and still got impressive 700k buys w/o a 24/7.

Comment

Good thread Horus. The numbers speak for themselves, Any unbiased, intelligent person can see that Pacquiao does not deserve 50-50 under any circumstances. Personally I think it's another way to try and kill the fight and make Mayweather look bad, But in reality they just make themselves look bad. Especially Pacquiao who not too long ago claimed "I fight for the people, I fight for legacy and I fight for belts".

Now everyone can see Pacquiao for the fraud he really is.

Comment

Horus,my dude,the majority of the world believes Pacman is the man to beat,stats wise may say different!!I personally believe Pacman is where the goods is at myself!!The point I'm making is ppv #s & that sort of thing shouldn't stop a fight of this magnitude from happening!!Instead of fans of either fighter bickering about why their fighter deserves more revenue,maybe they should figure out a way to get those guys to understand that they just need to fight,their looking for the way to better each other outside the ring while boxing is dying & them 2 are the one's who can save it!!Take 50/50,make the fight happen & whoever wins gets 60/40 the second time around!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
            QUESTION TO YOU GUYS

1.So I would like to know your ideas as to why is Team Pacquiao making them getting 50% of the revenue a sticking point in order for the fight to happen..???

2.And Is Team Mayweather Justified in turning down Team Pacquiao demands due to the fact, that they through their body of work have earned the right to earned more money based on the fact they bring in more money.
            You're not taking into account the money they'll be receiving on top of the purse split. For all we know, Floyd could be getting a big chunk of the PPV buys and gate, thus him bending for the 50/50. The fact is, nobody knows what's really going on, but I have a tough time believing Floyd is going to walk away from this fight because of a purse split which honestly isn't a slap in the face to either guy by any means. This fight will be each fighters' biggest payday.

Comment

QUESTION TO YOU GUYS

1.So I would like to know your ideas as to why is Team Pacquiao making them getting 50% of the revenue a sticking point in order for the fight to happen..???

2.And Is Team Mayweather Justified in turning down Team Pacquiao demands due to the fact, that they through their body of work have earned the right to earned more money based on the fact they bring in more money.

They both will make more money than they've ever made by fighting eachother. Although Floyd has earned more than Pac in the past, this fight is a fight of high signifigance. Biggest/most anticipated fight since Ali/Frazier. 50/50 should get it done. If Floyd was to walk away from it over 10%, it will show that he had no interest in taking the fight. On the flip side, if a 55/45 offer was presented to Pac in favor of Floyd and Pac were to turn it down, he's a flat out ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
                Horus,my dude,the majority of the world believes Pacman is the man to beat,stats wise may say different!!I personally believe Pacman is where the goods is at myself!!The point I'm making is ppv #s & that sort of thing shouldn't stop a fight of this magnitude from happening!!Instead of fans of either fighter bickering about why their fighter deserves more revenue,maybe they should figure out a way to get those guys to understand that they just need to fight,their looking for the way to better each other outside the ring while boxing is dying & them 2 are the one's who can save it!!Take 50/50,make the fight happen & whoever wins gets 60/40 the second time around!!
                right on. i cant really understand why *****s care much about these instead of just pushing and wanting the fight to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                  60-40 either way wont make the fight. 50/50 is fair. the 2.5M w/ oscar is going way over floyd's head, he thinks it's because of him and not dlh.

fair comparison is pac-cotto and floyd-mosley. they're about even in ppv numbers and the popularity of the opponents. dont even bring up clottey, that guy has no fanbase and is known only to pure hardcore fans, and still got impressive 700k buys w/o a 24/7.
                  Below are the statistical facts behind fundamental and deciding factors behind determining what a fighter should received when it comes to the split of the revenue. Previous Guaranteed Purses and Previous Fight Revenue income generated. This the measures are the only true and fair measures to determine what should fairly get distributed during a purse dispute. As a result, any reasonable person with a decent education can see that Team Pacquiao by both measures of Previous Guaranteed Purses and Previous Fight Revenue income generated has not earned or deserve the right to make getting 50% of the money a sticking point in order to get the fight.

By team Pacquiao making 50% a sticking point, they are effectively letting us boxing fans know, they have no interest in this fight, unless they can receive money by all measures they have no merit to earn or be rewarded with, when they have a possible opponent who has undisputable claim backed by facts that they deserves more financial consideration based on what the facts tell us.

$Previous Guaranteed Purses and Previous Fight Revenue income generated.$

Floyd Mayweather Guaranteed Purses:
                  Floyd Mayweather $ 22.5 Million vs. Mosley $7 Million
                  Floyd Mayweather $10 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez JMM $4 Millio
                  Floyd Mayweather $11 Million vs. Ricky Hatton $6 Million
                  Floyd Mayweather $10 Million vs. Oscar De La Hoya $23.3 Million
                  Floyd Mayweather $8 Million vs. Carlos Manuel Baldomir $1.6million.
                  Floyd Mayweather $5 Million vs. Zab Judah $1 Million
                  Floyd Mayweather $4 Million vs. Shamba Mitchell 375k
                  Floyd Mayweather $3.2 Million vs. Arturo Gatti $3.5 Million
                  Floyd Mayweather $3 Million vs. De Marcus Corley $150.000
                  Floyd Mayweather $1.5 Million vs. Diego Corrales $1.25 million
                  Floyd Mayweather $150.000k vs. Genaro Hernandez $600k

* Oscar De La Hoya also gave Mayweather a percentage of the PPV revenue. This was the first time De La Hoya ever did this, all his previous opponents got a guaranteed amount; no more, no less, no share of the PPV revenue. Mayweather walked away with between $22 and $30 million,http://<br /> http://sports.espn.go...ory?id=2865349

Floyd Mayweather Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights: $ 11 Million

Manny Pacquiao Guaranteed Purses:

Pacquiao $12 Million vs. Clottey $1.5 Million
                  Pacquiao $7.5 million vs. Miguel Cotto $4 Million Pacquiao $12 million vs. Ricky Hatton $11 Million
                  Pacquiao $6 Million vs. De la Hoya $20 Million
                  Pacquiao $3 million vs. David Diaz 800k
                  Pacquiao $2.5 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 2 $500
                  Pacquiao $650.000 vs Juan Manuel Marquez $500k

Manny Pacquiao Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights:
                  $ 7.16 Million

Mayweather 7 Pay Per View Fights
                  6.9 Million Buys and $342 Million

June 2005 Mayweather vs. Arturo Gatti 365k= $16.5 million
                  Apr. 2006 Mayweather vs. Zab Judah 375k = $ $16.8 million
                  Sep 2006 Mayweather vs. Carlos Baldomir 325k = $16.3 Million
                  May 2007 Mayweather vs. De la Hoya 2.44M=$136.6 Million
                  Dec 2007 Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton 920k=$50 Million
                  Sep 2009 Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquz 1.1M=$52 Million
                  May 2010 Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley 1.4M=78.3 Million

Pacquiao's 12 pay-per-view fights
                  6.25 million buys and $320 million
                  June 2008: Pacquiao vs. David Diaz 250k PPV = $12.5 Million
                  Dec 2008: Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya 1.25M PPV= $70 Million
                  May 2009: Pacquaio vs. Ricky Hatton 800k PPV= $43 Million
                  Nov 2009: Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto 1.25 M PPV = $68 Million
                  Mar 2010: Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey 700k PPV= $35 Million

other ppv:
                  Pacquaio vs. Morales 350,000 PPV
                  Pacquiao vs. Morales II- 355,000 buys
                  PACQUIAO vs. BARRERA 350,000 PPV
                  Pacquaio vs. Marquez I 360,000 PPV
                  Pacquaio vs. MarquezII 400,000 buys

Comment

thats because team mayweather is following the gag order
                    LOL there isn't no official Gag Order more than both teams mutually agreeing to keep things tight lipped, which in comparison to the previous negotiations is night and day. De La Hoya himself was the 1st to break the "Gag Order" when he literally stated the fight was about done on a Spanish telecast (which hilariously Schaeffer stated as "Misquoting"). If there was a "real" Gag Order, you would've heard backlash from Mayweather and GBP by now.

I expect an announcement of the fight really soon.

Comment

To me for Team Pac to have the audacity to demand 50/50 is bull****, now if Team Mayweather was kind enough to offer a split fine, but for these guys to act like they bringing in 50% of the revenue is a joke. Floyd sells the fights period, he is the guy who generates the big money not Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X