Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
    EPO and Blood Doping are not the same thing, numb nuts.

EPO injections are taken ED for 2 weeks and then the effects kick in a few weeks after

Blood Doping is the process of drawing your own blood and then re-injecting it.

Not the same thing.

EPO is not effective 2 weeks out.

Period
    NO, you are wrong!

if you take EPO, you are blood doping

In the late 1980s, an advance in medicine led to an entirely new form of blood doping involving the hormone erythropoietin (EPO).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      it will NOT be detectable in the URINE if they are USING MASKING AGENTS. how do you think shane got away without getting caught?
      ur an idiot!! we are talking about blood doping!!! its not the same method that mosley used...

Comment

Originally posted by carts View Post
        ur an idiot!! we are talking about blood doping!!! its not the same method that mosley used...
        mosley was on a concoction of ****, including EPO. go read the Conte article. if you take EPO, you are blood doping.

In the late 1980s, an advance in medicine led to an entirely new form of blood doping involving the hormone erythropoietin (EPO).
        youre the idiot. now shush *******

Comment

mosley was on a concoction of ****, including EPO. go read the Conte article. if you take EPO, you are blood doping.

youre the idiot. now shush *******
          and from the link you just osted from wiki read on *****..
          A more modern approach, which has been applied to blood doping with mixed success, is to test the blood or urine of an athlete for evidence of a banned substance or practice, usually EPO. This approach requires a well-documented chain of custody of the sample and a test method that can be relied upon to be accurate and reproducible. Athletes have, in many cases, claimed that the sample taken from them was misidentified, improperly stored or inadequately tested.

OWNED

Comment

Originally posted by carts View Post
            and from the link you just osted from wiki read on *****..
            A more modern approach, which has been applied to blood doping with mixed success, is to test the blood or urine of an athlete for evidence of a banned substance or practice, usually EPO. This approach requires a well-documented chain of custody of the sample and a test method that can be relied upon to be accurate and reproducible. Athletes have, in many cases, claimed that the sample taken from them was misidentified, improperly stored or inadequately tested.

OWNED
            im going to say it one...more...time.

if you arent doing random blood and just taking urine. you can mask the EPO by using masking agents. how many times i need to say it?

this is how shane got away with it. and most importantly, pac wants a 14 days window where hes not tested at all, so how are they going to catch him if hes not being tested, genius?

i see you are stuck on stoopid
            Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 07-09-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
              From Tygart (USADA):

Q: What about blood testing? Could I mask it then?

A: "For transfusions, the 14 days is not going to give you much concern. The evidence of the transfusion will stay in your system longer than the 14 days. But the human growth hormone, for sure not."

Q: One other thing I wanted to touch base with you on -- when the Mayweather-Pacquiao discussions finally fell apart at the beginning of the month, it came down to a 10-day differential; Mayweather bent to 'I'll agree to 14 days prior to the event when there will be no blood testing,' and Pacquiao wouldn't go later than 24 days. Even if Mayweather had yielded to 24 days, what can an athlete do in 24 days? I mean, if you're clean 24 days before the fight, what can you do in the next 24 days that would have any impact on the fight whatsoever?

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html
              Anybody that supports USADA and OST want to argue what Tygart had to say about the 14 days (above)?

Last edited by | THE KING |; 07-09-2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

still stuck, huh carts?

youve been POWNED

Comment

Ahhhhhh ,,, too complicated .. The thread was about 14 days effectivity of roids or epo's before a fight. If floyd can beat manny with or without like senior floyd claims, how come they did not sign it the first go around?

Comment

still stuck, huh carts?

Youve been powned
                    read on genius...
                    I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period.

powned???/ wtf is that hahahahaha

powned:
                    A complete mispelling of an already mispelled word....pwned. People only use this spelling of the word when they are trying to be extra-******ed.
                    Last edited by carts; 07-09-2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                      From Tygart (USADA):

Q: What about blood testing? Could I mask it then?

A: "For transfusions, the 14 days is not going to give you much concern. The evidence of the transfusion will stay in your system longer than the 14 days. But the human growth hormone, for sure not."

Q: One other thing I wanted to touch base with you on -- when the Mayweather-Pacquiao discussions finally fell apart at the beginning of the month, it came down to a 10-day differential; Mayweather bent to 'I'll agree to 14 days prior to the event when there will be no blood testing,' and Pacquiao wouldn't go later than 24 days. Even if Mayweather had yielded to 24 days, what can an athlete do in 24 days? I mean, if you're clean 24 days before the fight, what can you do in the next 24 days that would have any impact on the fight whatsoever?

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html
                      Again T.I., thanks for the excellent posts/links!

Comment

Working...
                      X