No announcement yet.

roy jones that fought ruiz versus cassius clay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
    Henry Cooper at 185 lbs punched harder than RJJ...Ok gtfo troll.

Also Ali was unconcious in the Cooper fight, you can move while unconcious. He gets up while in his corner and tries to hit Dundee thinking that Dundee is Cooper. That = unconcious.

How would I have to know the history of boxing to know that a guy with 185 lbs of waterweight who never won anything worth a damn and had a ko% under 50% even though he fought mostly guys who would today be super middleweights, hit like a feather? And RJJ, an ATG was better in every single way.

Watch the Cooper fight, why does Ali need smelling salt if he was concious. Any cheating is cheating. Ali couldnt handle Roy's speed or skill, or hsi punching power. He'd make a fool otu of Ali. Ok old timers, keep believing that athletes are better in every sport now than they were 50 years ago...except boxing....Yep that makes sense.
    weight does not=punching power man....why do you keep saying that

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
      they both would enter the ring around the same weight 199-201..im talking cassius clay not muhammad ali so pre sonny liston..this would be a great scrap imo
      Ali was still Clay in the first Liston fight.

n Ali wins this easy.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Ali was still Clay in the first Liston fight.

n Ali wins this easy.
        Please tell me what opponents Clay beat "easy". BTW the first Liston fight was a draw until Liston pulled out claiming an injured shoulder. I mean Clay had such an easy time with Henry Cooper who knocked him ******ed...Who like Jones did Clay ever fight? Seriously. Jones threw 4 freaking hooks at one time.

Comment

i dunno lar, of the fights i've seen of ali he was moving back and on his toes, how good was he on the offensive? i doubt jones would be chasing the bigger man

Comment

Please tell me what opponents Clay beat "easy". BTW the first Liston fight was a draw until Liston pulled out claiming an injured shoulder. I mean Clay had such an easy time with Henry Cooper who knocked him ******ed...Who like Jones did Clay ever fight? Seriously. Jones threw 4 freaking hooks at one time.
            Tell me where I said anything about the Liston fight ?, the TS mentioned that Clay was pre-Liston, I was merely pointing out that Ali was still Clay in the 1st Liston fight.
            Read my posts more clearly instead of jumping to random conclusions please.

Who like Jones did Clay ever fight? Seriously. Jones threw 4 freaking hooks at one time.
            Let's turn this around, who did Jones ever fight that was the calibre of "Clay" at HW?.
            Last edited by NChristo; 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Let's turn this around, who did Jones ever fight that was the calibre of "Clay" at HW ?
              john fookin ruiz!

Comment

bump........very original thread i must say..lol

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                  where did this "ali is super fast" myth come from?
                  hell he was and he could fight all night 15 rounds, he was lean and faster than any other heavyweight back then. Thats not to say he faster than fighters today but he could get his shots off faster than most back in those days.

Comment

It's not even a competetion. Ali by late round stoppage.

Comment

bump.........................

Comment

Working...
                      X