Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will/should Manny and Freddie's strategy be for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    OK but Mayweather was able to hurt Mosley a few times during their fight and Margarito who is known for being a hard puncher couldn't hurt Mosley at all during their fight

that is why AGAIN you can't go by what other fighters did against each other, Cotto and Clottey are NOTHING like Mayweather and Mayweather don't need a KO to win, Mayweather can out-box Manny, only chance Manny has like most against Mayweather is to land a KO or at least try to hurt Mayweather early

a lot of fans think for some stupid reason that who ever has more power and speed will win, boxing just doesn't work like that, STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!!! not physical attributes
    nope i havent seen mosley hurt by floyd not even ones on their fight

all im saw is a tire old gassed out mosley bouncing back from floyds punches like floyds punches are like pillows with springs on them :/ havents seen mosley daze lol! thats the truth

margaritos power is questionable coz of the handwraps we dont know he might be a soft handed and coz of the hand wraps it makes him a hard puncher :/

the thing is your wrong too, manny can out box floyd too
    manny has the the stamina to punch more than floyd and never gets tired while floyd gets defensive...
    and manny has the footwork and speed to dance around floyd too
    as long as he doesnt chase floyd in the ring like the other fighters do lol like chasing a chicken...
    as long as manny keep his coolness and dance againts floyd HE WILL GET THE EDGE of the fight..
    manny doesnt need any KOs to beat floyd

on floyd all i can see is him getting decision if he wins

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

all im saw is a tire old gassed out mosley bouncing back from floyds punches like floyds punches are like pillows with springs on them :/ havents seen mosley daze lol! thats the truth

margaritos power is questionable coz of the handwraps we dont know he might be a soft handed and coz of the hand wraps it makes him a hard puncher :/

manny has the the stamina to punch more than floyd and never gets tired while floyd gets defensive...
      as long as he doesnt chase floyd in the ring like the other fighters do lol like chasing a chicken...
      as long as manny keep his coolness and dance againts floyd HE WILL GET THE EDGE of the fight..

Round 10...

He hurt Shane with a shot to the body. Try watching the fight before you comment on it.

Did you just say he can outbox Floyd? The hell..lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdoodledoo View Post
        I don't agree entirely with the posters who are saying that Pacquiao just has to look for a big punch to win. Obviously, it might actually come to that if Pacquiao is deterred by Mayweathers counter punching through the fight, but it doesn't have to start that way. From watching a few of Mayweathers last few fights, he seems a bit passive and doesn't throw that many punches, so a strategy they could implement could be similar to the fight against Clottey and just throw throw throw and due to Mayweathers seemingly lack of activity, could win Pacquiao plenty of rounds to win on the scorecards. Obviously it won't be as easy as the Clottey fight, as Mayweather has a better defence and will dodge and block more punches and he will actually throw back counters that will be accurate and fast and WILL land against Pacquiao, so can be close on the scorecards depending on what the judge is looking at.

So 2 strategies can be winning by just using a lot of activity or just looking for a big punch. Pacquiao won't be able to outbox him, so just go for a no thrills approach.
        I think you have the best plausible explanation better than the pac fans actually. I didn't even read the one guys post once he said pac was going to outbox the best pure boxer of our generation. PBF makes in ring adjustments on his own on the fly. Manny has to wait for Roach's instructions. That right there shows you who has the higher in ring intelligence. Manny is a machine however that throws bunches in bunches. When you get to the big time you don't stop doing what got you there in the first place. I see Pac on the attack as much as possible. He better not try to out box Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Physically these fighters are even. They are both fast, both strong , both good fighters.

I think overall Floyd is the more polished better fighter and Pac is the more explosive fighter.

However what separates these two isnt skill or speed or resume. Its smarts. The smarter fighter will win.

What I have come to realize is that Floyd doesnt fight with his fists he fights with his brain. Watch the Shane Mosley fight. The adjustments he make are so ridiculous. He gets hit with 2 huge right hands in round 2. Shane goes the next 30 minutes without landing another right hand.

Adjustments. Floyd has that down to a science. He will find a weakness and poke and prod at it until his opponent is mentally and physically beaten up.

Against Pac will be no different. He will find something that works. Most think it will be the lead right. And to a certain extent I agree that is the pucnh that will light Manny up alot.

BUT.....

Floyds jab is laser accurate and blazing fast. It didnt miss Shane once. When Floyd threw it Shane had no idea what to do. Floyds jab will be important than his lead right. The lead right is always there but the Jab will make that lead right even more deadly when he throws it.

Also watch for body punching. Vs. Lefties Floyd attacks the body relentlessly.

Corley, Judah, and Mitchell got pounded to the body. Mitchell was stopped to the body and Judah was hurt to the body several times. Floyds body punching is nuts and goes unnoticed to the casual viewer. Pacs body will be attacked and hard.

Lastly...

Watch for inside fighting. Watch the clinches. Watch how Floyd maneuvers on the inside. Pac is not a good inside fighter. Floyds is hard to hit on the inside and he can still get off laser right hands and hard body shots on the inside. I dont think this fight will be competitive or close in any shape form or fashion.

Floyd will win almost every round. Early rounds will be Floyds but he will turn it up later in the fight and do more damage.

I got Floyd 10 rounds to 2. Or late stoppage around Round 10.
          yes very true also notice that marquez was very effective with his jab to the body against pac.

Comment

Physically these fighters are even. They are both fast, both strong , both good fighters.

I think overall Floyd is the more polished better fighter and Pac is the more explosive fighter.

However what separates these two isnt skill or speed or resume. Its smarts. The smarter fighter will win.

What I have come to realize is that Floyd doesnt fight with his fists he fights with his brain. Watch the Shane Mosley fight. The adjustments he make are so ridiculous. He gets hit with 2 huge right hands in round 2. Shane goes the next 30 minutes without landing another right hand.

Adjustments. Floyd has that down to a science. He will find a weakness and poke and prod at it until his opponent is mentally and physically beaten up.

Against Pac will be no different. He will find something that works. Most think it will be the lead right. And to a certain extent I agree that is the pucnh that will light Manny up alot.

BUT.....

Floyds jab is laser accurate and blazing fast. It didnt miss Shane once. When Floyd threw it Shane had no idea what to do. Floyds jab will be important than his lead right. The lead right is always there but the Jab will make that lead right even more deadly when he throws it.

Corley, Judah, and Mitchell got pounded to the body. Mitchell was stopped to the body and Judah was hurt to the body several times. Floyds body punching is nuts and goes unnoticed to the casual viewer. Pacs body will be attacked and hard.

Lastly...

Watch for inside fighting. Watch the clinches. Watch how Floyd maneuvers on the inside. Pac is not a good inside fighter. Floyds is hard to hit on the inside and he can still get off laser right hands and hard body shots on the inside. I dont think this fight will be competitive or close in any shape form or fashion.

Floyd will win almost every round. Early rounds will be Floyds but he will turn it up later in the fight and do more damage.

great break down! a lot of guys are just saying this or that fighter will win but they can't really breaking it down like this

Comment

Originally posted by mcdoodledoo View Post
              I don't agree entirely with the posters who are saying that Pacquiao just has to look for a big punch to win. Obviously, it might actually come to that if Pacquiao is deterred by Mayweathers counter punching through the fight, but it doesn't have to start that way. From watching a few of Mayweathers last few fights, he seems a bit passive and doesn't throw that many punches, so a strategy they could implement could be similar to the fight against Clottey and just throw throw throw and due to Mayweathers seemingly lack of activity, could win Pacquiao plenty of rounds to win on the scorecards. Obviously it won't be as easy as the Clottey fight, as Mayweather has a better defence and will dodge and block more punches and he will actually throw back counters that will be accurate and fast and WILL land against Pacquiao, so can be close on the scorecards depending on what the judge is looking at.

So 2 strategies can be winning by just using a lot of activity or just looking for a big punch. Pacquiao won't be able to outbox him, so just go for a no thrills approach.
              great post dude, but i think pacs high volume will play into mayweathers hands, when hatton(pac is not hatton) upped his volume against mayweather he was countered at ease and upped his own volume against him. You should also consider that clottey let pac choose were the fight went, if mayweather takes it inside what will pacs answer be?

Comment

Round 10...

He hurt Shane with a shot to the body. Try watching the fight before you comment on it.

Did you just say he can outbox Floyd? The hell..lmfao.
                Yeah I basically stopped reading once I read that he said Manny will outbox Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                  I think you have the best plausible explanation better than the pac fans actually. I didn't even read the one guys post once he said pac was going to outbox the best pure boxer of our generation. PBF makes in ring adjustments on his own on the fly. Manny has to wait for Roach's instructions. That right there shows you who has the higher in ring intelligence. Manny is a machine however that throws bunches in bunches. When you get to the big time you don't stop doing what got you there in the first place. I see Pac on the attack as much as possible. He better not try to out box Floyd.
                  Yeah, I that Pac & Roach don't actually try to do anything stupid like try to outbox or outthink Mayweather. And it's a good point that Pac has to wait to get instructions from Roach, obviously he can make small adjustments in the ring, but non like Mayweather can make, and this is I feel the most important part of this fight.

If Pac is willing to take quite a lot of punches from Mayweather and just throw hundreds of punches, not all power punches, at him and try and outwork Mayweather, it is plausible that Pac could win a UD on the scorecards after 12 rounds. I can't really see Pac getting a KO win over Mayweather as he doesn't have as much power as Mosley and Mayweathers defence and in ring IQ is too high for this to happen. However, i more see Pac getting deterred and put off a lot by Mayweathers accurate punches and thus his activity dropping, which is where the activity plans fails him. but I still think going for a UD on activity alone is the best plan of action, and a plan that Roach will probably go for IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

NOT HURT!?!?! got back and watch the 7th, 8th, 10th Round again! your seeing what you WANT TO SEE obviously!

as for Manny out-boxing Mayweather...hahahaha Manny is not a skilled enough boxer to out-box Mayweather

what you fail to mention ironically is Manny's LACK OF DEFENSE, he could easily get away with a lack of defense because the guys he fought Cotto and Clottey was not quick enough to take advantage of his lack of defense so Manny was able to just dodge their punches and even as slow as Clottey is when he did throw punches against Pacman he was landing punches with no problem and Manny's face showed that after the fight...that won't work against Mayweather, Mayweather hand speed is much faster then Clottey and Cotto combined and he is WAY MORE ACCURATE

I guarantee if Manny doesn't get a KO or at least hurt Mayweather early, then this fight won't even be close on the cards
                    Last edited by sicko; 06-26-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

BUT.....

Lastly...

Great analysis I truly hope the fight happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X