Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Sr: “Pacquiao didn’t want to fight Shane Mosley and my son ****ing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM
    Good point but being weight drained cancels out the age difference.
    Cotto stated that he felt great making 145. He was 146 for Clottey. So are u saying he was not weight drained at 146, but weight drained at 145? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
      Did Floyd fight mosley at his proper weight?

Did Pacquiao do the same with cotto?
      Yes, Floyd did fight Mosley at 147. But I think a 145 catchweight with Cotto is far more impressive than beating a 38 year old Mosley. People only remember that Mosley beat Margarito without plaster... but the truth is that Mosley was:

1. 4 fights off from the Cotto fight which he lost.
      2. Barely beat Vargas twice, whom DLH and Tito demolished YEARS earlier.
      3. He barely got by Mayorga who Tito and DLH killed even faster than Vargas.
      4. Shane was old as dirt and really, its the same situation with Pac vs. DLH.

No one really thought Mosley was "old" but people knew he wasn't at his prime. Same deal with DLH, they didn't think he was "old" but they knew he wasn't at his prime. The difference? Everyone expected Mayweather to win as Mosley gets schooled by boxers and two everyone knew Floyd was just better. Pac didn't have a chance against DLH in many people's eyes and he beat that guy into the ground. This however is going to look like I hate Floyd and all this other garbage. If you read you see I don't give the Pac vs DLH much credit either. DLH never won a big fight, he was old as dirt that fight and he trained horribly. Floyd beating DLH >>>> Manny beating DLH hands down, but the comparison still stands.

What I'm saying is don't come in here acting like Floyd has some monstrous resume and that Manny's isn't **** because he beat two people after Mayweather. People only remember the new Manny, they forget he beat 3 Mexican legends who OWNED the lower weight classes till Manny came around. Then he come up, beat up on Mayweathers leftovers better than Floyd did and then fought the guy that Floyd avoided by retiring. What was Floyd's big comeback... beating up on Manny's leftovers in JMM who BTW had to move up 2 weight classes, and was at a catchweight. We could also just compare competition and you'll see that when Mayweather was fighting Gatti, Judah, and Baldomir Manny was beating Morales, Barrera and JMM. Essentially while Manny was beating certified HoF fighters the best Floyd could do was beat up a punching bag, a guy who fights for 4 rounds and the guy who beat up the 4 round fighter. Don't bring up resume's please, Floyd has a good one but its not near Manny's level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Cotto stated that he felt great making 145. He was 146 for Clottey. So are u saying he was not weight drained at 146, but weight drained at 145? LOL.
        I would agree with you, but I need to consult a ***** first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          People act like 1 lb would change the tide of that fight. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by T.I. View Post
            People act like 1 lb would change the tide of that fight. LOL!
            I'm consulting a ***** on this issue!

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
              I'm consulting a ***** on this issue!
              I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by t.i. View Post
                i know.

I always look for the alternative viewpoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                  his own crackhead daddy said he should fight paul williams, which floyd said he didnt want any part of.

If floyd doesnt fight paul williams...its a duck
                  WOW, a duck? Paul Williams is a giant. You really can't blame Floyd for noget fighting a guy with reach, longer then the Klits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy Chans View Post
                    Well if Shane beats Cotto or Berto like I said in the same reply you quoted me from, he will be consider a top 3 WW, and a good opponent for Manny. Accordingy to you guys Manny ducked him, so why not redeem himself by facing him if he the number 3 guy and available to fight?
                    Because manny is like a shark, and I mean that in teh most laughable way. When tehre is someone exposed or wounded, then manny goes after them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                      First of all, you're an idiot. There is never a contract to fight three guys in a row, as it is fight to fight just stop making **** up there. Instead you say I don't know **** about boxing and you just brought up a 3 contranct fight, with one of those fighters not even being under Top Rank. Secondly, I said it already I'll say it again when Floyd "called out Cotto" his best win was against Torres? I mean come on man, you can't take that seriously. Would you take Floyd serious now if he asked to fight Victor Ortiz? Thats the level that Cotto was on, he was barely just starting to get some traction as a fighter. Seriously STFU with "he did call out Cotto." Cotto was a nobody when Floyd called him out and that is supposed to make Floyd seem like he has balls? If Floyd called him after Malignaggi, Judah, Quintana, Mosley THEN he can say he tried calling a fighter out before that when you are considered P4P the best is disgraceful.

As far as Manny not making that much money... You are a bigger dumbass than I thought. Manny made 12 million to fight Hatton WITHOUT PPV purse and that one did 900k. If he only makes 5% of that he made another 4 million, he made even more for Cotto and you think he won't make as much for a 3rd bout with Marquez or against Margarito? Those would both crack 1 million easy just from Mexican fans, then a Cotto rematch would do the same I would say. Manny would make 15-20 million counting the PPV buys easily. Don't be pissed off just because Mayweather has no one to turn to in order to pull those kind of numbers OTHER than Manny. If you think he'll make 15 in his next fight please tell me against who? Don't name any Top Rank fighters because Floyd f.ucked up that affair with his attitude and now he's doing the same with the Manny fight.
                      Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Comment

Working...
                      X