Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Round 2 of Mayweather-Mosley the worst round of Floyd's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    As the title says...

Comparisons can be made with Zab judah, etc...

I think it's a general gradual regression, that is getting worse with each fight. Skills do pay the bills, but you can't be in your prime forever.

I've never seen his legs appear that stiff and drained in a fight.
    if any of these other fighters take shots like that eg. cotto they are warriors with a granite chin but we are so accustomed to floyd not being touched that all of a sudden its a big deal that he got hit with a COUPLE of solid ISOLATED right hands. It was no big deal and if anything answered how he will react if hit with some good shots from a power puncher. Unlike what TS says I do not see a regression and rather a tactical adjustment. This is why we all want to see the magafight mayweather-pacquiao to see how they can push each other to the brink and perhaps expose some flaws we didnt know exist

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Actually....

He got hit twice by a big puncher and was still in control of the round. It was one of his best.
      Why because he was composed at the end and showed some heart?

Why is that better than not having to show heart and just beating the hell out of a guy? The fight was one of the best performances of his career and he showed things hes almost never had to show before but as Floyd Mayweather rounds go it was a bad one because he was hurt.

How many times have we seen Floyd hurt badly? Maybe 3 times and those are the worst 3 rounds of his career most likely because USUALLY hes just so dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
        if any of these other fighters take shots like that eg. cotto they are warriors with a granite chin but we are so accustomed to floyd not being touched that all of a sudden its a big deal that he got hit with a COUPLE of solid ISOLATED right hands. It was no big deal and if anything answered how he will react if hit with some good shots from a power puncher. Unlike what TS says I do not see a regression and rather a tactical adjustment. This is why we all want to see the magafight mayweather-pacquiao to see how they can push each other to the brink and perhaps expose some flaws we didnt know exist
        exactly.........................

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          No Corley or Judah.....
          Yes add those in as well

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
            Finally, you've given a relevant and rational response to one of my threads. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
              As the title says...

Comparisons can be made with Zab judah, etc...

I think it's a general gradual regression, that is getting worse with each fight. Skills do pay the bills, but you can't be in your prime forever.

I've never seen his legs appear that stiff and drained in a fight.

Apart from the punches landed by Mosley in round 2 i actually thought Mayweather attack Mosley more than he should have, I thought he was better of covering up and wait for the bell to go, But it was definitely a shock to see him almost going down hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                Shane Mosley>>>>>>>>>>>than Corley and Judah put together.
                let's be real
                Corley hurt him really bad
                not Judah though

Comment

You know a guy is good when 2 punches in a 12 round fight causes this much controversy.

Comment

Working...
                  X