Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Round 2 of Mayweather-Mosley the worst round of Floyd's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me yes, it's not so much the first big punch that rocked him, it's the second big shot that landed and had him shook. That being said he showed his steel when he had things in his control by the rounds end.

In reality I don't see it as him slipping, in boxing you're going to get caught, Mosley is a known hard hitter. The fact that people are alarmed by that round shows the high expectations people have for Mayweather.

Comment

i dont know but lets get this right... like mayweather sed. this is boxing, u will get caught and its not like he got caught to a nobody he got caught by a modern great... in 41 fights to get caught like tht for the first time against sum1 like shane mosley aint bad at all is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        No it was one of his best , he was hurt and still in total control and came back and dominated the end of the round , showed a very calculated cool fighter under pressure .
        It looked like he was hurt bad but he recovered and never let Mosley back into the fight.

Comment

I'd say it was his worst round ever because he was hurt TWICE during that second round, and hurt by punches he usually didn't get caught with on top of that, Corley and Judah only hurt him once in a single round (Corley hurt Floyd much more than Judah too).

I was watching it live, and when I saw those right hands Mosley was landing, I thought, that's it, Floyd is getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
            As the title says...

Comparisons can be made with Zab judah, etc...

I think it's a general gradual regression, that is getting worse with each fight. Skills do pay the bills, but you can't be in your prime forever.

I've never seen his legs appear that stiff and drained in a fight.
            He got caught with a good shot that rocked him, thats it... Shane is a good puncher he does that to guys, he got the better of Floyd for the majority of the round, but in the last minute Floyd finished strong.

Comment

People like saying "OMG Floyd got rocked, that must of been the worst round of his career" and post GIF's of the punch landing saying Shane is ****ing him up but they ignore the fact that it was one of the best peformances of his entire career, despite the second round he won every other one (can make a case for round 1 going to Shane though) and outclasses Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                No it was one of his best , he was hurt and still in total control and came back and dominated the end of the round , showed a very calculated cool fighter under pressure .
                This post is 100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by tourlou82 View Post
                  I'd say it was his worst round ever because he was hurt TWICE during that second round, and hurt by punches he usually didn't get caught with on top of that, Corley and Judah only hurt him once in a single round (Corley hurt Floyd much more than Judah too).

I was watching it live, and when I saw those right hands Mosley was landing, I thought, that's it, Floyd is getting knocked out.

Shane Mosley>>>>>>>>>>>than Corley and Judah put together.

Comment

he got hit 2 times...got hurt..stayed composed and won the end of the round

Comment

Actually....

He got hit twice by a big puncher and was still in control of the round. It was one of his best.

Comment

Working...
                      X