Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELITE FIGHTERS: How many miles do they run a day during training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Floyd runs 8-10 when training for a match. Jermain during his prime didn't run any. Or ran every other day only a few miles. That's what happens when you put talent ahead of hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Hitter Quiter View Post
      Yeah thats true sprinting and stuffs better. I think I saw somewhere Mayweather runs 8 but I can't remember where so it very well might be wrong
      I agree. I trained for track and football before.

If I was a boxing trainer I would have my fighters go balls out with circuit style conditioning for 3 minutes straight then rest for 1 minute to imitate an actual boxing match.

Do that for 4, 8, 10 or 12 rounders. Whatever my fighter would be training for.

Id love to be a boxing trainer/strength and conditioning coach.
      Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 06-17-2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Andre Berto recently said on one of those chatrooms in ESPN that he runs around 5 miles a day.

Comment

Yes days of LDR are fading away, sprints and HIIT is where it's at since it simulates an actual fight. LDR shouldn't be done away with completely thoguh since, LDR works out the aerobic aspects of training/fights while HIIT/sprinting works out the anaerobic aspects of training/fights.

Comment

bafgadfrfgfbgh
            Last edited by TRANSWARP; 10-29-2015, 04:58 PM. Reason: bad laguaggges vdgd

Comment

8 miles for Mayweather
              10 miles for Zab Judah
              3 miles for Mike Tyson

Comment

All boxers differ, depending on what weight they are fighting at, the lenght of the fight, and so on

Comment

I've heard the average is 4-6 miles 4-6 days a week.

Comment

I was running 6 miles a day for a while there, upped it to 10 miles and injured my foot. For a little light guys like Mayweather/Judah/Marquez etc, running 10 miles is nothing really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      I was running 6 miles a day for a while there, upped it to 10 miles and injured my foot. For a little light guys like Mayweather/Judah/Marquez etc, running 10 miles is nothing really.
                      I will run 2 miles twice per day.

I don't see the real benefit to running 12+ miles per day especially with the high risk of injury associated with running.

I suffered a metatarsal stress fracture and was not able to run for months.

Leading up to a fight Tyson would get up at 4am and jog for 3-4 miles and then would run another 3-4 during the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X