Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELITE FIGHTERS: How many miles do they run a day during training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Normal every day running.

This was early last year. Couldve changed by now.
    Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
    Yes days of LDR are fading away, sprints and HIIT is where it's at since it simulates an actual fight. LDR shouldn't be done away with completely thoguh since, LDR works out the aerobic aspects of training/fights while HIIT/sprinting works out the anaerobic aspects of training/fights.

cant go wrong with LDR. it worked well for ray robinson & salvador sanchez who were 15 round fighters. although i read a article about alex rodriguez saying he used to run a lot of miles until he discovered HIIT & said it was much better than LDR.

who knows. with arod it might be the hgh more than the HIIT.

i would love to find out exactly how many miles pac & floyd run each day during training.

Comment

That fat bastard Juan Diaz don't run. He just swims. But he doesn't look like Michael Phelps so I don't think it's working.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
        I read somewhere juan manuel marquez at his peak was running 13 miles a day.
        Hasim Rachman's fatass on the other hand i saw in a preview show does 5 miles a day. nothing to sneeze at for the normal man but for a professional boxer that is subpar.

Anybody know how many miles a day the supremely conditioned elite fighters like pac & floyd run?

It depends on the fighter. Some guys run 5-7 miles. I think Gatti used to run like that during training, other guys like Vitali run much less.

Tbh, running is a total waste of time past 3 miles. It doesn't help put you in "boxing" shape whatsoever and I think it needs to be phased out of hardcore boxing training. The only kinda running that helps boxing shape is sprints. But jogging for 7 miles a day is only gonna help you drop weight.
        Peterson, Pauls trainer said Williams is at 12-13 Miles a day depending on how his ankles feels.

Insane.
        Waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          It depends on the fighter. Some guys run 5-7 miles. I think Gatti used to run like that during training, other guys like Vitali run much less.

Tbh, running is a total waste of time past 3 miles. It doesn't help put you in "boxing" shape whatsoever and I think it needs to be phased out of hardcore boxing training. The only kinda running that helps boxing shape is sprints. But jogging for 7 miles a day is only gonna help you drop weight.

Waste of time.
          Oh I know that but everyone is different.

It must works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
            cant go wrong with LDR. it worked well for ray robinson & salvador sanchez who were 15 round fighters. although i read a article about alex rodriguez saying he used to run a lot of miles until he discovered HIIT & said it was much better than LDR.

who knows. with arod it might be the hgh more than the HIIT.

i would love to find out exactly how many miles pac & floyd run each day during training.
            I don't know about that f@g Floyd, but if its Manny you have a boner for, he runs in Griffith park, which is probably less than a 5 mile run from bottom to top.

But thats just the thing, the whole run is on a steep incline after about the first 2 miles.

Comment

Oh I know that but everyone is different.

It must works for him.
              He should cut that **** in half and spend more time to work on his technique so he doesn't get outboxed by guys named Kermit so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jack- View Post
                He should cut that **** in half and spend more time to work on his technique so he doesn't get outboxed by guys named Kermit so easily.
                lmao, I totally agree and now that he mentioned that, Williams should really spend way more time on technique instead on throwing hundreds of sloppy punches while leaving himself exposed to get KTFO by any elite with pure power.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  That fat bastard Juan Diaz don't run. He just swims. But he doesn't look like Michael Phelps so I don't think it's working.
                  juan diaz may be fat but he is WELL CONDITIONED

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                    8 miles for Mayweather
                    10 miles for Zab Judah
                    3 miles for Mike Tyson
                    I don't believe that. Zab wouldn't have the stamina he has if he did that everyday.
                    Originally posted by -Jack- View Post

Waste of time.
                    You're underestimating long distance running. Not only does it seem to build stamina to insane levels, but after a certain point it also builds mental strength

A 6 foot 1 welterweight isn't supposed to throw 1000+ punches per fight without getting tired. Tall skinny fighters are known to gas.

People don't know how important conditioning helps in taking a punch. JMM running 13 miles is insane, but also explains how he's able to do what he does.

If Hagler, Marciano, JMM, Williams are running double digits, then that's the way to go. I wouldn't be surprised if Margarito puts up double digit sessions.

Comment

We all know it can get ramped up to some crazy number in the days leading up to a fight.

Im more interested in knowing how much some of these fighters run in between training camps.

Comment

Working...
                      X