No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Deserves BWAA Fighter Of The Decade Award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    I have seen those fights(castillo) and I'm not convinced he really went toe to toe with them.

He still "nutthugged" to his normal style. It's like he was afraid to break free form it, even for 10 seconds.

maybe I should watch the jesus chavez one then?
    I understand you probably don't like Mayweather, but Mayweather is a professional fighter. He utilizes his boxing skills because he has those at his disposal and it is very effective under the rules of professional boxing.

Having boxing skills does not make you less of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
      I understand you probably don't like Mayweather, but Mayweather is a professional fighter. He utilizes his boxing skills because he has those at his disposal and it is very effective under the rules of professional boxing.

Having boxing skills does not make you less of a fighter.
      ok maybe I should watch the jesus chavez fight then. Is that what you are referring to?

As well as Floyd himself, his crack head trainer has completely ridiculed and disrespected my hero. If I was an atheist I wouldn't hesitate running an axe into his throat.
      Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-16-2010, 02:11 AM.

Comment

ok maybe I should watch the jesus chavez fight then. Is that what you are referring to?
        If you'd like to watch it, go ahead, it's not a bad fight.

What I'm saying though is that the "Fighter of the Decade" award was awarded to Pacquiao based on achievements, not a preference of fighting style.

Comment

If you'd like to watch it, go ahead, it's not a bad fight.

What I'm saying though is that the "Fighter of the Decade" award was awarded to Pacquiao based on achievements, not a preference of fighting style.
          Yes, but don't you think they had to pre-classify him as a fighter before analysing his achievements?

Comment

As well as Floyd himself, his crack head trainer has completely ridiculed and disrespected my hero. If I was an atheist I wouldn't hesitate running an axe into his throat.
            Why? It's just a sport.

I'm a die-hard Giants fan but I wouldn't break into Tom Brady's home because I have a whole lot of other things going on in my life besides sports.

Comment

Yes, but don't you think they had to pre-classify him as a fighter before analysing his achievements?
              No, because if you enter a prize fight ring, you are automatically a fighter. Get it?

Comment

Why? It's just a sport.

I'm a die-hard Giants fan but I wouldn't break into Tom Brady's home because I have a whole lot of other things going on in my life besides sports.
                ok fine, maybe I was being a bit to harsh then, lol. I'll just slap him instead.

Comment

ok fine, maybe I was being a bit to harsh then, lol. I'll just slap him instead.
                  How about if you beats you up instead, after all he was a pro fighter and is still in good physical shape? Wouldn't that make it seem like a waste then?

Comment

How about if you beats you up instead, after all he was a pro fighter and is still in good physical shape? Wouldn't that make it seem like a waste then?
                    come on man? it was a hypothetical situation.

Comment

No, because if you enter a prize fight ring, you are automatically a fighter. Get it?
                      It depends how you behave in the ring.

In no way I am implying that boxers are cowards.

Comment

Working...
                      X