No announcement yet.

whose competition was greater???...Cotto or floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how anyone with any semblance of intelligence could deem Cotto as having a better resume at any point in time.

I'm seriously baffled.
    its simple....they dont have any

any fan with integrity knows mayweather accomplished more, beat better opposition, and holds almost every statistical edge when evaluating resume

I never do polls when it comes to certain fighters....this is why.....look at the results....so basically 60% of NSB are illogical fan boys or detractors to fighters. In this case, Mayweather detractors

the hate is real, when its clear your resume is better and you still dont get credit

Comment

• Originally posted by chris232 View Post
      cotto is the most overrated fighter in the last 20 years.
      he is pretty overrated....his last 2 titles were over crippled opposition. Foreman and martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        its simple....they dont have any

any fan with integrity knows mayweather accomplished more, beat better opposition, and holds almost every statistical edge when evaluating resume

I never do polls when it comes to certain fighters....this is why.....look at the results....so basically 60% of NSB are illogical fan boys or detractors to fighters. In this case, Mayweather detractors

the hate is real, when its clear your resume is better and you still dont get credit
        mayweather was a farce for the 2nd half of his career. The only reason that you nut hug him is because you share 1 thing in common: skin color.

Comment

• Originally posted by spytactics View Post
          mayweather was a farce for the 2nd half of his career. The only reason that you nut hug him is because you share 1 thing in common: skin color.
          keep hating....They both have african ancestry, whats your point? Also myself and Cotto are closer in hue than me and mr. mayweather...moving on

More than likely his skin color and his success is the reason you are illogical

it was such a farce he beat Cotto and Manny who beat Cotto...it ust suck being a hater

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
            Cotto lost to Manny and the 1st Margarito fight badly. Cotto also lost to Canelo. Why should he get credit for loses? It makes no sense. I like Cotto but his resume ain't all that. Mosley, Judah, Clottey, Geale, etc. is good but not great. Cotto arguably lost the Clottey fight and he lost to Trout.
            It is very true that cotto lost to manny very badly. Fight was at 145 two pounds lower than 147 a weight class cotto was bitterly struggling with. Worse cotto had his water boy train him for that fight. So of course he lost badly. I recall manny saying no to a rematch at a higher weight. Cotto also got a r
            Trained immediately after that fight.

In do put the blame squarely on cotto for not having a trainer for the manny fight. The cheap bastard didn't want to pay his uncle evangelista (cottos best trainer) his fees and did not want to pay for another to train him. So its cottos only fault mannya dealt with his arrogant

I don't believe cotto lost to Canelo. And don't get me started on cartel Member margarita.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Even that's an insult to Gatti. Gatti was a 2 division champion with numerous championship wins. Foreman was a one defense champion with only that one win over anyone decent. They don't even compare.

People list weird wins like Foreman for Cotto, and then flat out ignore wins over much better champions. That's the bias that comes with being Floyd though. Always has.
              hahah i forgot about that. foramen also beat a shot over weight daniel santos haha. thta was his best win to date and that one fa99ot named foramen as a good win for cotto llol

ROFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                that fight wasnt even and cotto didnt win a round until like round 7...he was lucky to win 3 rounds and the fight was not close

he got outclassed in 10 out of 2 rounds

his resume is as good as mayweathers....he lost to fighters mayweather beat, and mayweather beat fighters he couldnt ever beat.

Mayweather won more titles, defenses, the whole 9

you are on acid if you think cotto resume is better
                I'll agree to disagree with you. Only one judge agreed with you. All judges agreed that mayweather one all last four rounds. Most judges saw it a close affair through round eight and most secondary sources saw it the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                  how the hell does Cotto have a better resume than Floyd?
                  Amazing aint it..i thought resume meant "WINS" and even then Floyd has a far better resume

Comment

• Originally posted by spytactics View Post
                    Really when he came back in 2009 he fought

Jmm-p4p#2-tune up

Mosley-p4p#3, WBA WW CHAMPION

Ortiz-WBC ww champion

Cotto-WBA 154 CHAMPION

Guerrero-interim wbc champ and was actually ranked top 10 p4p by ring(i dont agree but hey)

Canelo-WBC,WBA(REGULAR)RING ranked top 10 p4p by ring

Maidana-WBA 147 champ

Maidana-rematch

Pacquiao-WBO 147 champ p4p #2

Berto

so in 10 fights he fought 5 fighters ranked in the top 10 by Ring and 3 were top 3 p4p..3 were unification bouts and he won 5 titles in those 10 fights..YET YOU SAY THEY WERE **** FIGHTS??? SO I GUESS EVERYONE IS FIGHTING **** FIGHTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      I'll agree to disagree with you. Only one judge agreed with you. All judges agreed that mayweather one all last four rounds. Most judges saw it a close affair through round eight and most secondary sources saw it the same.
                      Many judges dont have credible cards...it happens all the time......Cotto did no worse than 10-2 loss and definitely no better than 8-4

many judges score close rounds to the losing fighter because he did/or is doing better than expected....pity rounds

thats not competitive by any stretch

Comment

Working...
                      X