whose competition was greater???...Cotto or floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
    cotto hands down

cotto fought mosley at a time when he was more dangerous then when floyd faced him

margarito is a guy floyd wouldn't go anyway near same with clottey and he has fought pacquiao!!

floyd fought a washed up de la hoya, washed up sharmba mitchel,l marquez and hatton are both smaller guys he gets props for corrales & castillo but not alot more.
    he should've fought cotto when he was undefeated aswell imo

but what mayweather has done through the weight divisions is more impressive thats something only special fighters do
    You must be out of your damn mind lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Emphasis View Post
      I understand. But based on Cotto's competition, I don't think he should have given that type of fight performance in most of them if he's really rated where some of these people want him.

I wouldn't have expected Floyd to handle most of his competition through the ranks the way he has, and that is why he was/is rated his just due.

This is the difference I'm taking about.
      Floyd is the more skilled fighter but IMO Cotto has faced slightly the better competition. Don't think that Floyd wouldn't be able to get a victory over the fighters that he has faced.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        Floyd is the more skilled fighter but IMO Cotto has faced slightly the better competition. Don't think that Floyd wouldn't be able to get a victory over the fighters that he has faced.
        So who do you think beats Floyd???

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          So who do you think beats Floyd???
          In a competitive fight I think Martinez, Pac, Williams has a chance cause his workrate and height. We won't know unless he gets in there. That is why there is so much acclaim that he gets in there with Pac.

I got Floyd as favorite in a Pac fight but wouldn't be suprised if Pac pulls it out in a spectacular fashion

Comment

In a competitive fight I think Martinez, Pac, Williams has a chance cause his workrate and height. We won't know unless he gets in there. That is why there is so much acclaim that he gets in there with Pac.

I got Floyd as favorite in a Pac fight but wouldn't be suprised if Pac pulls it out in a spectacular fashion
            I thought you were talking about Floyd not beating a few fighters on Cotto's resume which is why I asked who beats Floyd that is on Cotto's resume.

Comment

I thought you were talking about Floyd not beating a few fighters on Cotto's resume which is why I asked who beats Floyd that is on Cotto's resume.
              I think each other beats their competition but Pac for Floyd is a question and ODLH for Cotto is another question. Wouldn't say they would run away with it.

Comment

thats easy..Cotto has fought better/tougher opponent.

Comment

while i find this entire thread to be very ****ing suspect, you are saying floyd would get beat by margarito or pacquiao, and also lose to branco, foreman, mosley, quintana, jennings, clottey, gomez etc?

If you think floyd would lose to margarito that is your opinon, or pac...thats your opinion, but him and floyd have alot of common opponents, its not exactly light years ahead in competition. also i think basically it seems to be ok to just completely ignore floyd body of work and overall dominance he had at the lower weights. Cottos resume at welterweight is better than floyds, but cottos overall body of work and especially his accomplishments, basically aside from cottos two losses, shouldnt cotto be ranked ahead of floyd in all time discussions if his resume conesnsus is so "SUPERIOR"

this is a very bizarre discussion

Comment

Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
                    I agree, Cotto proved his merit and fought a perfect balance of A/B level fighters. Sad b/c u take Margarito out of the equation and Mayweather/Cotto could have been a masterpiece.
                    Couldnt agree more, They have fought a lot of mutual fighters back in 140 and now Shane has also fought Mayweather BUT Mayweather has yet to fight Pacquiao Clottey and Margarito

Comment

Floyd has clearly fought the better overall comp...

Cotto fought.

Pacquiao
                      Mosley
                      Margarito
                      Clottey
                      Judah
                      Foreman
                      Quintana
                      Torres
                      Malignaggi

Mayweather fought.

Castillo