whose competition was greater???...Cotto or floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bump...........................

Comment

• Let's see even from today's current parallel between the two.

We'll start since 2007:

Cotto
      Oktay Urkal (TKO)
      Zab Judah (TKO)
      Shane Mosley (UD)
      Alfonso Gomez (TKO)
      Antonio Margarito (TKO loss)
      Michael Jennings (TKO)
      Joshua Clottey (SD)
      Manny Pacquiao (TKO loss)
      Yuri Foreman (TKO)
      Ricardo Mayorga (TKO)

Floyd
      Oscar De La Hoya (SD)
      Ricky Hatton (TKO)
      Juan Manuel Marquez (UD)
      Shane Mosley (UD)

I mean, I guess every resume is subject to opinion, but in a 4 year span alone, Cotto's fought IMO tougher competition with a couple cream puffs here and there.

Comment

• I think overall Cotto has faced the better competition...although Floyd's resume under 140 gets largely forgotten and SEVERELY underrated..but yes overall I would say Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          You guys really either don't know boxing, or you just hate Floyd that much lol... Cotto's resume is inferior to Floyd's resume...
          we talking about resume.................not talent...........easy now *****..............

Comment

• this isn't even a fair comparison IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
              I think overall Cotto has faced the better competition...although Floyd's resume under 140 gets largely forgotten and SEVERELY underrated..but yes overall I would say Cotto.
              I don't think he really did much either at 140. Gatti, Chop Chop, N'Dou weren't necessarily the "dogs" at 140 (especially Gatti who had been in wars with Ward by then). I think by this time they were gearing up for the Oscar fight and took the best match ups with the least risk, though Chop Chop gave a good fight early on.

His days at Featherweight and Lightweight is a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                I don't think he really did much either at 140. Gatti, Chop Chop, N'Dou weren't necessarily the "dogs" at 140 (especially Gatti who had been in wars with Ward by then). I think by this time they were gearing up for the Oscar fight and took the best match ups with the least risk, though Chop Chop gave a good fight early on.
                Completely agree man, his fights 140 were average at very best, I said UNDER 140 is where he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Comment

• this isn't debatable.....

Comment

• i think its pretty unanimous...................

Comment

• Cotto has fought the better opponents. Mayweather has the best win though, a prime undefeated Corrales was a great win for Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X