• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuri was doing good before the injury, he deserve a rematch

we would never know how would the fight play out without the injury
    I do believe Yuri would have taken control in the later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
      Why is it called running when a fighter only uses ring smarts and it's his gameplan and good at it?
      It called running when they hate the fighter. Smart boxing if they like him

Comment

All 3 judges had Cotto winning by at least 3 rounds.

Yuri was losing on all the scorecards even before the knee injury and Cotto was picking up steam.

Comment

Originally posted by alonsomosely View Post
          It called running when they hate the fighter. Smart boxing if they like him
          LOL I guess.

The fact that I rooted Cotto, Yuri did well moving despite Cotto known for cutting the ring effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            You wouldn't say he was losing? He won one round, and that was because he landed two clean punches. It was clearly 4-2 at worst before the injury, and there was no evidence of Foreman coming on either.
            4-2 isn't something you can't come back from, and Cotto wasn't being all that effective, he was just doing a little better then Foreman who wasn't doing much himself. I'm not saying that Cotto wouldn't have won the fight without Foreman getting injured, i honestly think that Cotto is hard to outbox, you gotta walk him down to make him uncomfortable and Foreman wasn't doing that so i wouldn't use this fight to see where Cotto is at right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              All 3 judges had Cotto winning by at least 3 rounds.

Yuri was losing on all the scorecards even before the knee injury and Cotto was picking up steam.
              I guess I was the one who was watching the wrong fight then lol.

Comment

I cant remember what round the injury happened but I had cotto up, yuri won 2 rounds for me, so I think it was 4-2 or 5-2 when the injury happened. We all know cotto fades later on in a fight, yuri could certainly defeat cotto if they fought again, he had a poor game plan, needs to be very busy in throwing his punches

Comment

I guess I was the one who was watching the wrong fight then lol.
                  The Scores were: 79-73 Cotto,79-73 Cotto, and 79-74 Cotto.

It was pretty clear where the fight was heading, especially with yuri's nose bleeding and losing stamina.

The knee injury just brought the inevitable that much closer.

Comment

Why is it called running when a fighter only uses ring smarts and it's his gameplan and good at it?
                    Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    I cant remember what round the injury happened but I had cotto up, yuri won 2 rounds for me, so I think it was 4-2 or 5-2 when the injury happened. We all know cotto fades later on in a fight, yuri could certainly defeat cotto if they fought again, he had a poor game plan, needs to be very busy in throwing his punches
                    +1 total agree

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      The Scores were: 79-73 Cotto,79-73 Cotto, and 79-74 Cotto.

It was pretty clear where the fight was heading, especially with yuri's nose bleeding and losing stamina.

The knee injury just brought the inevitable that much closer.
                      Losing stamina?????
                      Yuri is known to have excellent stamina and conditioning,
                      and he never had any problem in that department.

Comment

Working...
                      X