Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather:"Fight Again In 2010 ? Absolutely Not Im Gonna Take Another Two Years Off"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try to keep it neutral in this Pac and mayweather stuff but how can Floyd fans defend this????

Floyd fans remind me of Republicans. No matter what George Bush said or did that was stupid they tried to defend him.

I'm leaning towards Floyd just talkin **** but this statement makes him sound like a coward

Comment

• Originally posted by mindreader View Post
      I try to keep it neutral in this Pac and mayweather stuff but how can Floyd fans defend this????

Floyd fans remind me of Republicans. No matter what George Bush said or did that was stupid they tried to defend him.

I'm leaning towards Floyd just talkin **** but this statement makes him sound like a coward
      You should read all the excuses the *****s are coming up its pretty funny and pathetic at the same time!!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
        Don't cry like a baby, you come across as a ****ing nuthugger with **** like this, your saying you wont be dissapointed?

And really, seriously are you trying to question what I just said? It revolves around common sense, as you get older, you go more and more out of his peak... he is a tremendous athlete and one of the most skilled fighters of all time (in some peoples opinion the most skilled), but regardless of that his prime wont last forever, and if your 33 and taking two years out there is a chance he wont be as much in his prime, I mean like I said he could very well be like Hopkins, who is that skilled, smart and experienced that he can still be competitive at an old age.

But regardless, you need to stop acting like you've got a chip on your shoulder, cause if you can't accept common knowledge about him then you are biased as ****, and hes my favorite fighter.
        Okay lets just assume Mayweather is telling the truth and will retire for a year, or possibly 2 - He would come back at the age of 35, Martinez is 35 right now and just beat Pavlik, Mosley was 37 when he beat a feared Margarito, De La Hoya fought Maweather when he was 35, and still put up a valiant effort, maybe Mayweather believes he can fight on like these guys at an older age. Its the only logical explanation, assuming he isn't bluffing.
        Last edited by SCEN3RY; 06-05-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
          Okay lets just assume Mayweather is telling the truth and will retire for a year, or possibly 2 - He would come back at the age of 35, Martinez is 35 right now and just beat Pavlik, Mosley was 37 when he beat a feared Margarito, De La Hoya fought Maweather when he was 35, and still put up a valiant effort, maybe Mayweather believes he can fight on like these guys at an older age. Its the only logical explanation, assuming he isn't bluffing.
          dude at 35 hes already old, hes gonna be over the hill by then physically, no doubt he wont come back

Comment

• Originally posted by feefiflofum View Post
            dude at 35 hes already old, hes gonna be over the hill by then physically, no doubt he wont come back
            I agree its a risk, the same way I look at Mosley fighting Mayweather when he was 38, it was just years wasted, we didn't get to witness what could have been a great fight, only the names created hype for it. But he's either lying, or he believes in his skills that much that he thinks he can fight at 35 like Martinez is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              this is something funny but i think floyd retirement statement was because of him not getting the FOTD award he wants to pissed the boxing fans and bwaa for not giving him the award. Maybe floyd was thinking about this "you didn't give the fotd award to me? Then I will not give u the fight that u all wanted to see." Lol.
              I was going to type the same theory buy you beat me to it.....

Comment

• Put the mic to the interviewee's mouth, perhaps interviewer?

Comment

• two years, i doubt it. he wants to get another mega fight in before he begins to decline. why would he wait until hes 35. by that time martinez will be 37-38 and pac would be 32-33. Pac fight needs to happen, but if he is serious about taking this much time off he's pulling a sugar ray leanord move. dont do it floyd.

Comment

• Damn even in the kid's death-bed, Floyd would still not grant his wish to fight Pacquiao. Poor kid, he just broke his one only wish and his heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                      Damn even in the kid's death-bed, Floyd would still not grant his wish to fight Pacquiao. Poor kid, he just broke his one only wish and his heart.
                      LMAO that was dark but funny you A-hole.

Comment

Working...
                      X