No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Dela Hoya, Schaefer conspired to destroy me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneBum View Post
    my opinion is not from a lawyers perspective its my own, its a ***** move on mannys part. hes a ****ing fighter for gods sake man up and whip floyds ass in the ring. im not going to engauge in the drug testing arguement but its complete bull****. hes not a ***** flipping burgers who faints when he sees blood hes a world class boxer who has been cut and beat up and has tatoos and has constantly switched his stories on why he cant. the lawsuit is a waist of both judicial systems time and taxpayers dollars because he got his panties in a bunch. i dont respect men like that. his lawsuits as valid as a home owner associations lawsuit for uneven patches of grass in the front lawn when i have desert landscaping.
    What does that have to do with Oscar comment? Pac "manning up" and fighting Floyd does not take Oscar comment away. I didn't even mention Floyd why bring him up?

Can Pac "man up" and fight Oscar? He already whooped Oscar ass. And, Oscar is retired. What is Pac suppose to do when Oscar made that comment?

Pac consistently changing his story is not the issue. The issue is Oscar saying before all this.

Manny does not hit hard, then after all this saying. Well it is fishy cuz he hit just as hard as Shane and Vargas.

Two fighters who got busted for taking banned substance.

Pac being a *****, a ducker, liar, a flip flopper, a *****, a whatever you want to call him is not what I am asking.

Oscar didn't mentioned all this. If he did then I would see the point.

The comment once again was.

Pac did not hit hard....

well it is fishy cuz Pac hits as hard as Shane and Vargas(banned substance users)

How is that not trying to ruin a guy name?

Comment

my opinion is not from a lawyers perspective its my own, its a ***** move on mannys part. hes a ****ing fighter for gods sake man up and whip floyds ass in the ring. im not going to engauge in the drug testing arguement but its complete bull****. hes not a ***** flipping burgers who faints when he sees blood hes a world class boxer who has been cut and beat up and has tatoos and has constantly switched his stories on why he cant. the lawsuit is a waist of both judicial systems time and taxpayers dollars because he got his panties in a bunch. i dont respect men like that. his lawsuits as valid as a home owner associations lawsuit for uneven patches of grass in the front lawn when i have desert landscaping.
      And this is how the vast majority of people view the situation. As a complete and total ***** move.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        What does that have to do with Oscar comment? Pac "manning up" and fighting Floyd does not take Oscar comment away. I didn't even mention Floyd why bring him up?

Can Pac "man up" and fight Oscar? He already whooped Oscar ass. And, Oscar is retired. What is Pac suppose to do when Oscar made that comment?

Pac consistently changing his story is not the issue. The issue is Oscar saying before all this.

Manny does not hit hard, then after all this saying. Well it is fishy cuz he hit just as hard as Shane and Vargas.

Two fighters who got busted for taking banned substance.

Pac being a *****, a ducker, liar, a flip flopper, a *****, a whatever you want to call him is not what I am asking.

Oscar didn't mentioned all this. If he did then I would see the point.

The comment once again was.

Pac did not hit hard....

well it is fishy cuz Pac hits as hard as Shane and Vargas(banned substance users)

How is that not trying to ruin a guy name?
        again you would make for a greatlawyer for pac. im not concerned or convinced by your reason because its centered around oscar de la hoya a man you openly dislike. my points on my opinion are in my last post.

Comment

Because, he is the "Golden Boy"... Makes me sick

Oh and I was a fan but when I met him in the airport when I was 12yrs old I met him, I walk up to him said Oscar put my hand out there for a handshake and looked and he dissed me. Just straight out ignore me. He looked at me up and down and ****. That was the beginning of the mutthafuck Oscar mission.
          Maybe he had a bad day..When the cameras aren't around, Athletes and other celebs are known to be *******s. So, i assumed there weren't any Paparazzi around when that happened..But still, you were just a kid, that was a ***** move by him.
          Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-02-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

That's it Pacquiao...

Take people to court for wondering why you wont take a blood test

Comment

For the people who say that the lawsuit over GBP holds no water. Now I don't pretend to be a lawyer. I am not, I don't know if Manny has a case or not I don't care.

But, since NSB is full of lawyers and ****. I would like to ask you guys this.

when Oscar said that Pac did not hit hard and then change his tune saying well it is fishy cuz Manny hit just as hard as Shane and Vargas.

How does that not hold water? How is that not defamation? How is that comment that Oscar made, who was one of the most popular recognized boxer in the last 20 years, does not tarnish Pac name?

Anyway, i do agree that Pac might win the case against GBP and Floyd Sr..

Comment

Originally posted by *AKO PA HA! View Post
                Pacquiao: Dela Hoya, Schaefer conspired to destroy me
                06/02/2010 | 10:28 PM

Share16 “An opinion is protected only when the “factual assertions [are] accurate."
                — Standing Comm. v. Yagman, 55 F.3d 1430, 140 (9th Cir. 1995)

CHICAGO – Manny Pacquiao is asking the U.S. District Court of Nevada in Las Vegas to dismiss the motion to dismiss and the Anti- Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation (SLAPP) motion filed by Golden Boy Promotions, Inc (GBP). founder Oscar Dela Hoya and CEO Richard Schaefer.

Aside from dismissing both motions, the Filipino boxing icon also wants the court to allow him of amending his complaint into a conspiracy.

After Pacquiao’s wins over De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton – both promoted by Golden Boy, “(i)n mid-2009, reporters, commentators, and the public began calling for a match between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. For reasons Pacquiao doesn’t know, Mayweather asked GBP to become involved in the discussions."

But even before Mayweather gave this unsolicited advice to GBP, the 35-page opposition to the motions to dismiss filed by Pacquiao’s lawyers – led by David Marroso and Daniel M. Petrocelli – told the court that “(Golden Boy) CEO Richard Schaefer and founder De la Hoya – (had) harbored animus towards Pacquiao" because:

In 2006, Pacquiao chose to be promoted by Golden Boy’s main rival – Top Rank, Inc.

In 2007, Pacquiao sued GBP and others because they unsuccessfully tried to coerce the Filipino boxer to break his agreement with Top Rank and sign a new deal with Dela Hoya:

In October 2007, Pacquiao defeated by unanimous decision boxing legend Marco Antonio Barrera, who, at the time, was promoted by and a part owner of Golden Boy;

In March 2008, Pacquiao defeated Juan Manuel Marquez, another boxing legend promoted by Golden Boy;

In December 2008, Pacquiao scored a lop-sided knockout victory over Golden Boy founder Dela Hoya forcing him into retirement; and

In May 2009, Pacquiao scored an easy second-round knockout victory over Ricky Hatton, another fighter promoted by Golden Boy.

Angry and jealous
                Angry at Pacquiao and jealous of his accomplishments, Schaefer, De la Hoya and the Mayweathers (Floyd Sr., Jr. and uncle Roger) conspired to destroy Pacquiao’s reputation and questioned the legitimacy of his victories over Golden Boy’s fighters, his professional achievements and his legacy as one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Acting on behalf of one another, they agreed to make false statements about Pacquiao.

For example, the court documents said, Mayweather, Sr. stated publicly that “(t)he steroids aren’t going to make [Pacquiao] no faster. It’s going to make him relentless and hit strong, but that’s it."

Mayweather, Jr. told throngs of reporters and fans that “Pacquiao’s got the power pellets, yo, and the steroid juice."

Schaefer told a reporter for the Philippine publication Manila Standard Today (Ronnie Nathanielsz) and boxing website philboxing.com that he was “sure" Pacquiao was taking and had taken performance enhancing drugs (PEDs).

And De la Hoya circulated a “blog" comparing Pacquiao’s punching power to that of two boxers (Shane Mosley and Fernando Vargas) who have admitted using PEDs, even though “months earlier De la Hoya said precisely the opposite: [Pacquiao] didn’t hit hard. He didn’t really hurt me."

These statements – [Pacquiao’s] use of PEDs – are false and are, therefore, “actionable."

Bastardizing “I’m sure"
                In asking the court to deny Schaefer’s motion to dismiss, Pacquiao said when Schaefer told Nathanielsz that “he was sure" Pacquiao was using performance-enhancing drugs and had used them in the past," the alleged statement is defamatory because it falsely asserts an objective fact – that Pacquiao was using and had used PEDs (citing Milkovich v. Lorain Journal Co, 497 U.S. 1 17-18 (1990).

“Bastardizing" the expression, “I am sure" into as “I know" as an opinion to express future predictions, “the reader does not always take the words “I know" literally. Here in contrast, Schaefer’s statement was not a future prediction, his statements concerned past and/or current conduct."

When De La Hoya said in his “blog" that “I’m not saying yes or no. I’m just saying that now people have to wonder" (that Pacquiao used PEDs), De La Hoya may not escape liability for “prefacing statements with cautionary language or concluding them with a question mark" because De La Hoya’s statement implies “an objective fact" that the “jury" (will) determine whether that meaning was attributed to it by the recipient of the communication."
                Wow, everyone is angry at and jealous of Pacquiao, even those who have accomplished just as much if not more.

Comment

again you would make for a greatlawyer for pac. im not concerned or convinced by your reason because its centered around oscar de la hoya a man you openly dislike. my points on my opinion are in my last post.
                  So you have no opinion on the Oscar comment? Forget that I dislike him. With what he said doesn't not sound like Pac might have a case?

Again he already whooped Oscar, retired him matter of fact. And, since Oscar is retired Pac can not "man up" and fight Oscar.

This is not about the Mayweathers comments. Now does Pac have a case against the Mayweathers? I don't know, I don't think so they just sharing their opinion. I mean how can you suit somebody over an opinion?

If Oscar comments was about Pac option then there wouldn't be any problem with that.

If Oscar comment from the get go was that Pac hits hard. Then there would be any problem with what he said.

And, to make it worse is that Golden Boy has a stake on Pacquiao. They get money from Pac. As promoters they need to look out for Pac best interest.

And, to say....

"Pac does not hit hard"

switch it to

"Well it is fishy because Pac hit just as hard as Shane and Vargas"

He didn't mention Hopkins or Tito, he mentioned two guys that were busted for taking banned substance.

How is that looking out for Pac best interest as his promoter.

At worse case scenario Pac should have enough of a case to at least void his contract with Golden Boy.

Do you or anybody else not agree?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                    Maybe he had a bad day..When the cameras aren't around, Athletes and other celebs are known to be *******s. So, i assumed there weren't any Paparazzi around when that happened..But still, you were just a kid, that was a ***** move by him.
                    It was the day after he KO'd Genaro Hernandez. There were no Paparazzi and nobody was really going up to him. But yea it was a ***** move on his part cuz I was a kid.

The funny thing is that Genaro Hernandez also was in LAX at same time arriving from Vegas I think. Anyways even though Hernandez was the loser in the fight. He had Mariachis(Mexican band) waiting for him playing Mexican music.

I think that probably hurt Oscar pride a little bit.

Comment

So you have no opinion on the Oscar comment? Forget that I dislike him. With what he said doesn't not sound like Pac might have a case?

Again he already whooped Oscar, retired him matter of fact. And, since Oscar is retired Pac can not "man up" and fight Oscar.

This is not about the Mayweathers comments. Now does Pac have a case against the Mayweathers? I don't know, I don't think so they just sharing their opinion. I mean how can you suit somebody over an opinion?

If Oscar comments was about Pac option then there wouldn't be any problem with that.

If Oscar comment from the get go was that Pac hits hard. Then there would be any problem with what he said.

And, to make it worse is that Golden Boy has a stake on Pacquiao. They get money from Pac. As promoters they need to look out for Pac best interest.

And, to say....

"Pac does not hit hard"

switch it to

"Well it is fishy because Pac hit just as hard as Shane and Vargas"

He didn't mention Hopkins or Tito, he mentioned two guys that were busted for taking banned substance.

How is that looking out for Pac best interest as his promoter.

At worse case scenario Pac should have enough of a case to at least void his contract with Golden Boy.

Do you or anybody else not agree?
                      he might have a case depends on how good his lawyer is. that being said it doesnt take away from the fact that hes ***** hurt and waisting the judicial systems time and tax payers money because hes butt hurt. a real man wouldnt do that a real man would just beat the other fighters ass. the american court systems have been over run with these LA type bull**** lawsuits since the early 90s and pacs justs adding to the fire. i hope to god the bull **** is thrown out of court and a dead beat dad is made to pay child support or a child rapist is locked away instead of pacs hurt feelings being addressed monetarily.

Comment

Working...
                      X