Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Ordered UFC 114 Tonight...And Really? This Is What They Say Is Taking Over Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    MMA down the road will lose a **** load of fans because it has evolved. I take a look at Sherdog and most of the fans are complaining and don't understand why their favorite thing isn't delivering but it's really quite simple. Back a few years ago, MMA was simply a super unskilled fighting style where you had major slop where they would just bar room brawl, wing punches, and give you the blood and crazy knockouts small gloves would give to you. Now that main eventers get paid enough to where they can train, wrestling and grappling have taken over as the easiest way to win and the fans won't like it. It's not a secret that boxing has been here forever, punching is the most pleasing style to the eye but if it's easier to go down to the ground that is where it will go and the fans will suffer. MMA can never be mainstream or even on the global stage of boxing, simply because MMA evolved is MMA boring. People are starting to see this.

you could be right....case and point....in infancy Tank Abbott was one of the best MMA fighters.........he wouldn't last a rd in a boxing ring.....all he did was stand and slug....no ground game............

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
      I know nothing about MMA/UFC and I dont know who was fighting etc but I mean boxing has some **** fights dude. Now I do hate MMA/UFC and have seen some "fights" and think tht they have limited skill etc but maybe you should watch more than one fight before passing too much judgement, im sure a 1st time watcher of boxing wouldve been put off with the klits stinker.
      Boxing has some **** fights but at least you know the well publicized ones are gonna be fought at a high skill level. I'd rather watch 2 high level fighters go toe to toe in a technical battle then see 2 mediocre ones aimlessly throw bombs at eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by royin View Post
        Not a great fight but i enjoyed it.
        I'm sure you would with G.S.P in your avatar. The most boring fighter in combat sports.

Comment

boo hoo ufc this n that get a grip of yourselfs if you hate it that much dont watch or take any intrest in it. boxing undercards are a ****ing disgrace and a love the sport but the truth hurts eh a like ufc even when the fights suck cause so many boxing cards do.

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
            stop your goddamn whining. UFC/MMA is great and so was this card. When was the last time you saw Tim Duncan and Tony Parker at a boxing event? Or when was the last time you saw boxing apparel being sold at stores at the mall. UFC/MMA does a great job of marketing.
            yeah 2 baskball players were there to see a fight and they sell alot of t shirts, that makes it a great sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
              stop your goddamn whining. UFC/MMA is great and so was this card. When was the last time you saw Tim Duncan and Tony Parker at a boxing event? Or when was the last time you saw boxing apparel being sold at stores at the mall. UFC/MMA does a great job of marketing.
              tim duncan and tony parker? did you happen to see who was at the may 1st boxing card? pacquiao has got a nike line of clothes...not some ****ty hanes t-shirt with tapout silk screened on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                So i finally threw down to order a UFC card tonight. I'v said many times that MMA isnt a sport and the skill level to excel in it is very low but lots of people i know were hyping up the main event so i decided to give it another chance....and god damn i wish i could get my money back.

2 fighters with limitted skill hugging eachother for 3 rounds. And what's with that cornball Rashad stealing the "Sugar" moniker from our sport. You gotta earn that title by being a prodigy in the sport of boxing. I guess the glorified street fighter wasnt creative enough to come up with his own nickname so he stole the most cliche one he could think of from boxing. Ray Robinson is probably rolling over in his grave.

lol@ Rashad being a glorfied street fighter..why did you even order the ppv? lol,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
                  boo hoo ufc this n that get a grip of yourselfs if you hate it that much dont watch or take any intrest in it. boxing undercards are a ****ing disgrace and a love the sport but the truth hurts eh a like ufc even when the fights suck cause so many boxing cards do.
                  Some Boxing ppv arent worth the money and some ufc ppv's are worth the money.....

Comment

It's not took over boxing in terms of being the 'greater sport' but it's taking over in terms of finance & viewers, UFC are consistently hitting 400k to 500k PPV buys per month. Take out Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Maywetaher for a second, is there any other boxers even doing 400k PPV buys? I don't think so.

Boxing will always be the greater sport, the far better to watch is well but I'm a fan of UFC & watch it also.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      you should have ordered the vasquez and martinez fights on ppv for 30 bucks and enjoyed a night of wars instead of that bull**** you watched
                      co foking sign!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X