Collapse
No announcement yet.

~ By Popular Demand Here It Is : Spadafora Clowing Gayweather In Sparring~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Deanrw in this one. If you want to go back in history to sparring and last night I saw one of Floyd in the amateurs then fine i'll play along.

(1996)Manny's 1st loss(as a pro not sparring) by KO.

(1999) Manny's 2nd loss by stoppage (as a pro not sparring). Pacquiao vs Sing Sewer Rat

(2000)Hussein-Pacquiao. Getting knocked down by a jab(as a pro not sparring). Also the ref counting Bute-Andrade I type slow to let Manny recover.

(2003) Manny Pacquiao knocked down by a guy who is now 20-12. Pro, not sparring.

(2004 & 2008) Pacquiao getting schooled by Marquez in two tough fights. Pro, not sparring

To Manny Pacquiao's credit, he went on to win those fights he was knocked down in and I guess he has a W over Marquez. Don't hate, i'm just playing along, you want to discredit Floyd through sparring matches and amateur fights fine, we can play that game with almost every fighter.

Comment

Great points Kevin. Kevin knows I am a huge Manny fan, but I also have a ton of respect for Floyd's abilities. Floyd is a monster, don't mistake it. I just wish he would be more himself outside of the ring, but that is another old and tired argument.

Some honest ribbing is fine, but I will never try to up the fighters I like by looking for ways to bring another fighter down. I wish more people in this place would stop letting their emotions get to them. Both sides in here have been guilty of it.

As for the politics involved, I simply don't get involved anymore. Do I think it is fair that Manny should have to give blood to fight Floyd? No I don't. I keep my opinion right there though and let them figure it out. I also don't think the 10 million per pound penalty was fair. When a fighter gets into the 30's, IMO they should get a tiny bit of leeway. It should have been like a half million or a million for the first pound over, then jack up the penalty big time for each additional pound. That would allow for some tiny margin of error up to the fight on Floyd's part, but also protect Manny. If the fight does not happen, I will blame both sides. I will blame both sides for having egos so big that they robbed us fans of a fight that we deserve.
      Last edited by deanrw; 05-30-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X