No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Chambers Talks Adamek, Klitschko, Haye, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    Yes, he did, or you could say Chambers made him look bad, I think Chambers is pretty good, unless Wlad destroyed his confidence I think he'll be one of the main players in the HW division in the future, once the Klitschkos retire, since he's only 28.
    He has a chance to come back and be good for sure. I think he'd beat Haye. Only problem is I don't agree with letting these boxers sit and stew in their losses, I'd throw them right back in there for a tune up fight.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
      From what I'm reading in the article, Chambers is admitting his confidence is shot after that fight. I wonder if he'll ever be the same? A lot of the fighters Wlad fought in the past have just given up mentally and physically (Calvin Brock, Sultan Ibragimov, and Chagaev are ones that come to mind), only Chagaev has re-entered the ring at all.

Sam Peter was never the same fighter after that fight with Wlad either.
      That's true.

Wladimir is a monster,6.6 250 lbs of explosive power with skills.
      RIGHT NOW,he's more experienced and well trained by Steward,and it looks like he ain't going to own himself again against lesser fighters like in the first Brewster fight or the Purity fight.

Everything changed in the Peter fight,he was getting tired and owned himself again but he said ****,grew some balls,stayed on his feet and battered Peter for the rest of the fight.

Now,he's waiting patiently,jabs them to death,picks them apart with counterpunches,right hands,left hooks until the KO.

You are getting everything with Wlad outboxed,frustrated,tired,then KOED.

Nobody is beating him,especially not David no defense,he does a puncher chance.
      But let's face it,a real heavyweight puncher like Tua would have a bigger one.

Comment

I doubt Adamek-Chambers will happen anytime soon. It would be a step back for Adamek in the sense that he is now fighting big guys like Arreola and Grant to get prepared for the Klits. Chambers being a slick and small fighter, it makes no sense to fight him at this point. Adamek vs a Klit will be huge when it happens.

I do believe Chambers could definitely beat Adamek though. I wonder who Chambers will be fighting as a confidence builder. As long as it's not Monte ''too shot'' Barrett.......

Comment

I think Chambers will fight someone decent but not top 10 for his comeback, maybe Timur Ibragimov? He fought earlier this year but has not fought since then.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            In a brief interview with BoxingScene.com/boxingnews.pl, Eddie Chambers spoke about his recent loss against Wladimir Klitschko and answered a question about a possible fight with Tomasz Adamek. Beside that he commented on Adamek’s last fight and his potential match-up with a friend of his – Steve Cunningham. [Click Here To Read More]
            i dont think he will be the same after getting KOd by Wladimir....but he might also improve or get better..

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              That's true.

Wladimir is a monster,6.6 250 lbs of explosive power with skills.
              RIGHT NOW,he's more experienced and well trained by Steward,and it looks like he ain't going to own himself again against lesser fighters like in the first Brewster fight or the Purity fight.

Everything changed in the Peter fight,he was getting tired and owned himself again but he said ****,grew some balls,stayed on his feet and battered Peter for the rest of the fight.

Now,he's waiting patiently,jabs them to death,picks them apart with counterpunches,right hands,left hooks until the KO.

You are getting everything with Wlad outboxed,frustrated,tired,then KOED.

Nobody is beating him,especially not David no defense,he does a puncher chance.
              But let's face it,a real heavyweight puncher like Tua would have a bigger one.
              it must be soul destroying losing to Wlad, I cant think of a worse way to lose a fight than the way Wlad beats u. U go in optimistic of landing a big shot on that "glass" chin u think he has and becoming champ. After 3 rounds its obvious that plan a, b and c arent gonna work, and mean while your eating jab after jab after jab. They all look like they're gonna burst into tears by round 6 cos they know they cant win. And then he drags that **** out, KOing u late on when you're already exhausted. When its over u know that u were on the wrong end of a total one sided beat down and there was nothing u could've done about it. Most of the time u dont even land a decent shot the whole fight.

At least after Vitali beats you u can look back and say I hit him a few good shots. U dont even get that with Wlad. And take into account their opponents have usually spend their careers kicking ass up to that point.

Id rather be KOd in the first round than KOd in the 12th after not being able to do ANYTHING of note. Its a big why reason i dont like watching Wlad fight, i end up feeling sorry for his opponents!

Comment

Chambers is a respectable guy but there is no way he comes back the same after what Wlad did to him. In certain fights before the KO he was hesitant to execute his game plan and listen to his corner. I expect to see a totally different Eddie, Adamek & Haye beats him.

Comment

never wanted to see Eddie fight Wlad because I knew he was gonna get KTFO plus I don't like to see fighters I like fight each other, thats why I try to only like 1 dude per division ....I'm glad Eddie is ok and I definitely don't wanna see him fight USS ....I think Eddie gives Adamek a good close scrap, I see that as a 50-50 fight....could go either way imo....as for King Wlad, I tried to tell ANYBODY who would listen that he was far from his peak when he suffered those set backs....he was still a kid, now he's a grown man who has PERFECTED his craft.....props to Eddie for acknowledgin' that!!.....NO HW on the planet is gonna beat Wlad again....mark my words!!!!

Comment

the guy admits that he got mental issues? tbh, this doesn't sound like a guy that is ready for a fight any time soon..he may be Americas "audley harrison" next

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      I don't like to see fighters I like fight each other, thats why I try to only like 1 dude per division ....
                      I know what you mean by this. That has to be one of the worst parts about being a boxing fan. I thought I was going to die when I was watching the Trinidad-Jones and Taylor-Abraham fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X