Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should high altitude training be banned as well since it gives the same benefits as..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should high altitude training be banned as well since it gives the same benefits as..

EPO.

"In high altitudes, the amount of oxygen in the blood is reduced because there's less oxygen in the air. To compensate for reduction of oxygen in the air, the kidneys secrete more of a hormone called erythropoietin, which causes the body to create more red blood cells"

Erythropoietin (EPO): A hormone produced by the kidney that promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow

Since everybody seems so anti PED lately, I was just wondering what their take on this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      EPO.

"In high altitudes, the amount of oxygen in the blood is reduced because there's less oxygen in the air. To compensate for reduction of oxygen in the air, the kidneys secrete more of a hormone called erythropoietin, which causes the body to create more red blood cells"

Erythropoietin (EPO): A hormone produced by the kidney that promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow

Interesting idea indeed and a good thread , if anything it convinces me more to support EPO than to resist training in high altitude , but it is even harder to detect than EPO , and yields more benefits as it efffects the muscles , but especially the heart and lungs as well , I think that EPO does not yield these benefits.

Comment

I remember on 24/7 for "The World Awaits" that Floyd said :

"I know Oscar will get tired because I train at high altitude and he trains at sea level"

I realized that at the time, but it struck me as surprising that FMJ actually thinks about training that scientifically. And I actually thought about that quote quite a bit as this PED talk swirled around Pacquiao.

I just feel that the Mayweathers and their extended sphere of influence have heard rumours about Manny. Perhaps because of Manny's time with Justin?
        Last edited by Vito Corleone; 05-25-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Is high altitude natural?

Comment

"The average life span of a red blood cell is 90 to 120 days. Runners are often able to train harder and perform better for several weeks after they return from about a month-long stay at altitude because their blood still contains the extra blood cells that were produced when they were training at high altitudes. Runners who trained at high altitudes will have more red blood cells than runners who did not train at high altitudes"

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              EPO.

You stole my pic *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Championart View Post
                Is high altitude natural?
                Yes, but it seems to give u the same exact benefits as EPO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich.r View Post
                  You stole my pic *****.
                  Had this pic forever. Got locked out of my old account and had to create a new one.

War Duran!

Comment

Its safe to say its not the same as actually TAKING a drug. No it shouldnt be banned.

Thats like saying weight lifting shiuld be banned because it build muscles like some PEDS do.

No way.

Comment

Working...
                    X