Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should high altitude training be banned as well since it gives the same benefits as..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    How is it a good example? Since when does PED's alone build muscle?
    U have to work out while on PED's in order to obtain the benefits of PED's. If not, a body builder would just sit home taking ped's while sitting on his couch.
    It takes the will of a champ to actually do the training at high altitide while anybody can learn how to box and shoot up !!!

This is getting really sad. Pac fans should stay far away from this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
      It takes the will of a champ to actually do the training at high altitide while anybody can learn how to box and shoot up !!!

I totally agree with u. My thing is, they both give u the same benefits while 1 is banned and one isnt.

BTW- this has nothing to do with being a Pac fan.

Comment

EPO.

"In high altitudes, the amount of oxygen in the blood is reduced because there's less oxygen in the air. To compensate for reduction of oxygen in the air, the kidneys secrete more of a hormone called erythropoietin, which causes the body to create more red blood cells"

Erythropoietin (EPO): A hormone produced by the kidney that promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow
        Honestly I said this a long time ago. Why would anyone take EPO when you can get the same exact benefit (without any of the side effects) by doing high altitude training, or using an altitude simulator (like Ward and Chambers is doing)

The only reason for taking EPO is that you are too lazy to put in the work that most people who compete at the elite level do. Also Altitude training gets the same benefits as doping without worrying about side effects, failed test and public humiliation.

To answer your question though, no altitude training shouldn't be banned. It's a natural way to get you kidney's to produce the EPO substance that leads to more RBC productions (which in turn increases stamina etc).

Comment

I'm not advocating for banning high altitude training. Not at all. All i'm saying is......If EPO is banned, and it gives u the same exact benefits as HAT, should that be banned as well? Its a pretty valid question and makes for an interesting discussion. This is a forum right?
          Well the body will only produce an amount that is safe for itself. When you are taking EPO shots, and blood doping, you are increase the levels in your body to a unnatural level. This is where the side effects come into play because too much of anything is harmful to your body.

Comment

actually you don't even have to run in the mountains. They have altitude simulators and oxygen chambers that will get you the same effect as running in mountains. Both are legal and used by many athletes. I know Ward and Chambers uses those, and Marquez used one as well on the 24/7 show back in sept. (If I'm not mistaken).

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              Honestly I said this a long time ago. Why would anyone take EPO when you can get the same exact benefit (without any of the side effects) by doing high altitude training, or using an altitude simulator (like Ward and Chambers is doing)

The only reason for taking EPO is that you are too lazy to put in the work that most people who compete at the elite level do. Also Altitude training gets the same benefits as doping without worrying about side effects, failed test and public humiliation.

To answer your question though, no altitude training shouldn't be banned. It's a natural way to get you kidney's to produce the EPO substance that leads to more RBC productions (which in turn increases stamina etc).

Good post!......

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                actually you don't even have to run in the mountains. They have altitude simulators and oxygen chambers that will get you the same effect as running in mountains. Both are legal and used by many athletes. I know Ward and Chambers uses those, and Marquez used one as well on the 24/7 show back in sept. (If I'm not mistaken).
                The point is you don't have to put in the effort that's why it's considered cheating. A champ gets better one mile at a time you can't skip the first step.

Comment

The point is you don't have to put in the effort that's why it's considered cheating. A champ gets better one mile at a time you can't skip the first step.
                  So then should altitude simulators be illegal then since it gives u the same results as EPO, and neither one require any training?

Comment

Training at high altitude goes away quick, and while EPO goes away quick you can use it when you need to to in effect get the benefit of months of hard training at altitude. Not to mention the horrible life shortening side effects of EPO which should be enough to ban it right there wihtout a Dr. saying you need it.

You can train for months at high altitude and two days later your blood oxygen level will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                      actually if you want to get picky, high altitude training is only natural if you live in high altitudes. Its not natural to train in pressure chambers and/or fly hundreds/thousands of miles to a specific area to train in. Its using technology to benefit your training. A similar argument can be made for epo.

Not saying epo should be allowed but i see the ts's point
                      but the argument isn't similar. 1 you have to naturally do and work hard to get where you want to be....the other helps you work hard to get where you want to be and it is unnatural.

So to be clear, 1. you have to work hard. 2. helps you work hard or harder than normal.

Comment

Working...
                      X