Comment

Originally posted by Da Prince View Post
      If cotto losses this i think he retires

sad to say
      i agree...............

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
        i agree...............
        I hope he gets 2 or 3 big wins under his belt before going at a class A opponent again.

His fight with foreman is going to be a close and a good one

Comment

I've been thinking this since the fight has been made.

Cotto is taking a big risk with going straight for the champion. He can't afford another loss right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Prince View Post
            I hope he gets 2 or 3 big wins under his belt before going at a class A opponent again.

His fight with foreman is going to be a close and a good one
            cotto just isnt elite..hes a good solid fighter and should be matched carefully in the future cause hes taken alot of punishment

Comment

As a contender it might be win or go home but as for his career it is not. Miguel is at that DLH stage(obviously not at the same level but he makes big money), where he is a big name and gets large paychecks. If he losses he still has one of the biggest and most loyal fan bases that support him no matter what. Sometimes being a warrior and showing heart pays off in the end, if you aren't as good as you used to be. A lot of fighters could learn a lot from Miguels career if they want to be set for life.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                Hardcore fans watch more than big fights. I've seen him fight Thompson and Moore.

He's boring and feather fisted.

The Santos fight was his most entertaining fight to date.

And just because hes not well known does not make him or anyone a journeyman.
                Thompson fight was on the under card of the Judah fight. I remember thinking Thompson won and Foreman was boring as hell.

Funny how things change.

Comment

Originally posted by Battling Siki View Post
                  I disagree. The fight has reportedly sold over 40,000 tickets an indication that he still is a draw despite two recent losses. He also is venturing into a new weight class so he can always return to WW. In addition he's only 29 and still looked good in the early rounds against Pacquiao so unless Foreman catches him with something crazy the only way I think Cotto loses is by being outboxed which wouldn't be too traumatizing for Cotto. Win or lose I think he still has a future in the ring.
                  damn did it really sell 40,000 tickets? is there a link to confirm this? just asking bro.
                  Last edited by el malo; 05-27-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

cotto got this. aint nothing to worry about.

Comment

Cotto really needs this fight. But fuk man i got a feeling yuri will make it boring

Comment

Working...
                      X