Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tomasz Adamek-Michael Grant is in The Works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like it even better if he dropped some weight and fought Wlodarczyk that would be a big money fight for him. And one I feel he could win.

Comment

I think Grant was dropped by Teddy Atlas for lack of heart/desire .
      AREOLA was really never in the fight , he can't box , weighs too much and too slow .The only reason Arreloa gets any attention these days is because of his heritage and there is a big audience(money) to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Gratide View Post
        AREOLA was really never in the fight ,
        Admit it, you didn't really watch the fight did you? Otherwise you would never say something so silly.

Comment

I dont like the risk vs reward in this fight. Grant can put Adamek to sleep if he catches him and Adamek gains nothing from a win. I would have rather saw a rematch with Arreola.

Comment

I almost forgot about Micheal Grant

I like Adamek he's a good fighter. I wouldn't sleep on Grant if he really trains and comes in shape and to fight. I don't know might be a upset. I'm not saying it will be so calm down everbody but this is boxing you never know and you see how fast he jumped at the offer. He probably needs the little bit of money he's getting and here is another chance to get back in the mix. Got to give Adamek his props for doing that because he didn't have too

Comment

I don't think it would prepare him really, if he wanted to prepare properly he wouldn't fight a old, glass chinned former contender.

I think it's just a keep busy fight, there are much better "preperation fights" I'm sure Valuev would've pulled out of Solis negotiations to fight Adamek due to having more money in the pot or he could've fought Thompson or even made McCline come out of retirement for a better "prepareation" fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
                The manager for heavyweight Tomasz Adamek says a deal is close to fight heavyweight title challenger Michael Grant. Ziggy Rozalski told thenews.pl that Adamek-Grant is 98% close to done for either August or September in Atlantic City or Newark. [Click Here To Read More]
                Grant is a bigger version of Jermaine Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Admit it, you didn't really watch the fight did you? Otherwise you would never say something so silly.
                  Yup. I've been noticing lately that a lot of people talk about Adamek like he won a shutout against Arreola. It was a good win in a tough fight, but it was a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                    Yup. I've been noticing lately that a lot of people talk about Adamek like he won a shutout against Arreola. It was a good win in a tough fight, but it was a competitive fight.
                    Im glad you said this. Adamek is my boy but no way was that fight a wipe out in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
                      Random.

He doesn't need to actually fight Grant to prepare for a Klitschko, he could just get him to be a sparring partner.
                      ^^^This!

This sucks because I think Haye Adamek woulve been a great match for both fighters. They need each other to make themselves better. Grant is an old Dinosaur from previous era. Literally.

Comment

Working...
                      X