Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here really think Floyd can hurt Gatti??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With those wide punches Gatti throws I guarentee Mayweather Rocks Gatti & Hurts him with a Counter punch..Maybe not KOing him with it but Gatti will be hurt SAturday night...I predict a late stoppage..Mayweather will KO him in 8-10

Comment

Floyd can hurt Gatti. Mayweather punching is kinda underrated his hands are so fast and he such an accurate puncher his punches do quite alot of damage just not the kind of one punch knockout power. His lunging left jab to the body seems to hurt opponents. That lunging left jab Mayweather has is really one of his best weapons. Without it he never would have gotten near to getting the descision vs Castillo.
      Last edited by The Troll; 06-24-2005, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Gatti will get his ears boxed off. He is slow past his prime and
        never was an A class fighter. His only chance is the lucky
        haymaker. Otherwise I predict Mayweather will play it safe and
        box his way to an UD. If Gatti tires out from the bombardment
        of jabs and missing haymaker Mayweather in the late rounds might
        try to load up on some powershots and try to take Gatti out of there.

Comment

Only way Gatti's gonna beat PBF is with a KO
          punch. If he doesnt then PBF will give him a boxing clinic.

Comment

Gatti who

the last great white hope/hype,,only way gatti wins is if jesus christ makes his second apperance to mere mortals,,,hahahahahaha.z,,,imma become a promoter too cuz people eat anything up,,,barney the purple giant versus muhammed ali on the next hbo fight of the year ,,,and believe us when we say barney has a definte chance of an upset,,,lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Of course Floyd can hurt Gatti. Arturo is a tough s.o.b. but he's not Jake Lamotta. Arturo has been hurt a bunch of times in his career--it's just what he does after getting hurt that makes him so goddamned tough.

Gatti has never fought anyone as fast as Floyd..Floyd will hit Arturo with shots he won't see--those are the ones that get you.

Comment

at least Gatti has already been rolling out the excuses. My official prediction was that Gatti would pull out, which he did try. This fight was supposed to be June 11th. Really, it was supposed to be earlier, but Gatti's ****** ass wanted yet another tune up after a ****ing 2 round fight with Dorin. Then he hears Mayweather has legal trouble and tries saying "well, I'm worried about his legal trouble, he has to get that taken care of before I can fight him." As if that's any of Gatti's business. Then Gatti was suddenly wanting to move on after the Leija fight and get a fight 4 months later when he normally takes 8-9 months between fights? Come on, Gatti is scared. He's been trying to keep this fight from happening. Just like with Judah. Now its too late.

Weigh in is today. I hope Gatti weighs in at like 160 but Floyd goes ahead with the fight and knocks his ass out. Then Gatti can move up to welter and Judah can beat his ass. Then he can move up to say 154 or so and let Mayorga beat his ass into retirement, in a brawlers dream match.

Comment

floyd reminds me of a smartass sugar ray leonard

Comment

Taking the question literally, of course Floyd can KO Gatti. Anyone who's been watching boxing for more than 3 weeks knows that a KO is not only a function of punching power but can sometimes be a function of the accumulation/ sheer volume of punches. Clealry, Floyd can deliver the latter.

Of course the question is whether Floyd will knock Gatti out. I doubt it. I am a firm Mayweather fan and will be rooting for him come Sunday morning, but since I 1st heard about this fight, I've just had a funny, queazy feeling about it.

I see Gatti doing a whole lot more boxing than he's ever done, forcing Mayweather to try and do his macho thing to force matters and getting caught in the process. Gatti definitely has enough in those punches to KO Floyd, if he can connect.

But even if Floyd wins, it will be by decision purely because I doubt that he will take unnecessary risks. It's not really in his nature.

Comment

Floyd can, & will, hurt Gatti.

He'll do so, WITH BODY PUNCHES. Gatti has trouble taking body shots. Floyd is an underrated body puncher.

Floyd will outbox gatti.......then take him out when he starts catching Gatti with those very precise shots downstairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X