Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what defining fights did mayweather have ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar Shane Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Never applied it to him. Only stated that he has only fought 1 future HOF fighter in his career. Given his status and star power, you would think he'd have quite a few under his belt.
      First of all, you don't know who's going to the HOF. So the "future HOF" talk is speculation and opinion. Nothing official. Second, you try very hard to discredit everything Mayweather has done and it's obvious. But you're only making yourself look uninformed. And yes you did apply it to him or you wouldn't have brought it up.
      Last edited by Calilloyd; 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
        First of all, you don't know who's going to the HOF. So the "future HOF" talk is speculation and opinion. Nothing official.Second, you try very hard to discredit everything Mayweather has done and it's obvious. But you're only making yourself look uninformed. And yes you did apply it to him or you wouldn't have brought it up.
        Floyd is the most gifted fighter of our time. I've never said anything otherwise.

Fact is though, for a man of his status and accomplishments, you would think he would have some more prime elite fighters under his belt.

Comment

Floyd is the most gifted fighter of our time. I've never said anything otherwise.

Fact is though, for a man of his status and accomplishments, you would think he would have some more prime elite fighters under his belt.
          Fighters being prime and elite are very subjective and based on opinions.

Comment

[QUOTE=Deevel916;8419597]Floyd is the most gifted fighter of our time. I've never said anything otherwise.

Fact is though, for a man of his status and accomplishments, you would think he would have some more prime elite fighters under his belt.[/QUOTE]

He has a good number of them under his belt.

Comment

Most superstars in the sport have at least 1 standout fight defined them.

Ali had Frazier
              Tyson had Holyfield
              Oscar had Mosley/Tito/Quartey
              Pac took on Morales/Barerra/Marquez

Aside from maybe Mosley, has Floyd even faced a future hall of famer?

I dont think we can call Castillo or Corrales future HOF'ers. Hatton might be a future HOF'er in Britian, but not here. Who else on Floyd's resume can we consider a future HOF'er?
              de la hoya

Comment

Most superstars in the sport have at least 1 standout fight defined them.

Ali had Frazier
                Tyson had Holyfield
                Oscar had Mosley/Tito/Quartey
                Pac took on Morales/Barerra/Marquez

Aside from maybe Mosley, has Floyd even faced a future hall of famer?

I dont think we can call Castillo or Corrales future HOF'ers. Hatton might be a future HOF'er in Britian, but not here. Who else on Floyd's resume can we consider a future HOF'er?
                He doesnt have any defining fights because when he fights he makes his opponents look like amateurs. From your logic the only fight that could be defining is the castillo because it was close, but he hung that up in the rematch. No one is on mayweather's level right now, maybe pacquiao but I highly doubt it. Floyd will never have a defining fight because one he doesnt get into wars and doesnt lose so according to your logic and your list of defining fights he will never have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Chico was probably his defining fight
                  he has alot of key fights. But the fight that threw him into mainstream was when he whipped gatti's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperUppercut View Post
                    de la hoya
                    Popular doesnt equate to HOF material. In my opinion, Oscar should not be inducted into the hall of fame. He's lost pretty much all of his big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      I get what you saying but if Genaro would have won who is to say that would have been his last fight.
                      Even after he lost he was planning to continue and arranged a fight for Bazan's lightweight title, but had to pull out after a blood clot was found in his brain. It was a medical retirement, not a retirement based on age or declining performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X