Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what defining fights did mayweather have ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
    gerero hernendez
    diego corrales
    jose castillo
    judah
    hatton
    mosley
    jesus chavez

pick one
    You forgot Baldomir

Seriously some of the fights you listed werent defining fights at all.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      The more I think about it, the more I think it's the Mosley bout. Sure, you could make a case for Corrales or Castillo or even Hatton but I pick the Shane bout for a couple of reasons.

1. All of his critics never thought he'd fight Shane, from RA the Rugged Man down to Freddie Roach.

2. Even if they thought it was a minute possibility, they all expected him to either lose or run his way to a decision.

3. The reason they thought the first two things was, contrary to ******* opinion, Mosley was a legit threat; the best available opponent at welter, a future hall of famer and ranked high pound for pound.

Floyd's performance was brilliant and I think he showed everything anyone's asked for. That should count for something.
      The reason no one thought he would fight Mosley was because he ducked him. "who shane mosley with 5 losses?" "Mosley is not a PPV attraction". Ofcourse no one thought he would fight him after making so many excuses...

I agree the fight was defining though. He didn't run and showed great heart after the 2nd round. Also, he tried to please the fans, something he hasn't done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
        The reason no one thought he would fight Mosley was because he ducked him. "who shane mosley with 5 losses?" "Mosley is not a PPV attraction". Ofcourse no one thought he would fight him after making so many excuses...

I agree the fight was defining though. He didn't run and showed great heart after the 2nd round. Also, he tried to please the fans, something he hasn't done in the past.
        Well yeah and he fought him. Despite Roach and co saying he wouldn't even as negotiations were winding down.

Comment

May 1st, 2010??

May 5th, 2007?

Jan 20, 2001?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
            You forgot Baldomir

Seriously some of the fights you listed werent defining fights at all.
            I think some consider them defining because of what the critics said before the fights. Seriously go watch all the countdowns, youd always see Bert Sugar say " this is Floyds first real test, this will prove if his a real welterweight or not". Same thing with Rafeal obese self. Baldomir was supposed to destroy Mayweather a lotta ppl, haha hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
              I think some consider them defining because of what the critics said before the fights. Seriously go watch all the countdowns, youd always see Bert Sugar say " this is Floyds first real test, this will prove if his a real welterweight or not". Same thing with Rafeal obese self. Baldomir was supposed to destroy Mayweather a lotta ppl, haha hard to believe.

Baldomir was suppose to destroy Floyd? How come floyd was such a heavy favorite then?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Well yeah and he fought him. Despite Roach and co saying he wouldn't even as negotiations were winding down.
                Prior to that though, even Floyd said he had no interest in fighting him.

Comment

mayweather's last 5 fights were defining as hell...he's earned more money is such a short amount of time...that's defining within itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                    the corrales fight is what kind of put him on the map. don't get me wrong, hardcore fans knew of mayweather's talents long before the diego corrales fight. it was the way mayweather dominated a man that most thoght would ko him.

the other defining moment for mayweather was the jose castillo immediate rematch. i personally scored the first castillo fight 115-113 for mayweather. however, a large portion of boxing fans felt castillo won.

mayweather gave castillo an immediate rematch. he didn't wait until castillo lost to someone else, got older, or make any attempts to weight drain castillo.

that, imo, also defined floyd mayweather as a genuine champion.
                    this right here

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Baldomir was suppose to destroy Floyd? How come floyd was such a heavy favorite then?
                      brian kenny said that floyd was ducking baldo...so floyd said he would fight him for his belt...and he did...

Comment

Working...
                      X