No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana is an UNDERATED fighter on here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I am thinking he is kind of overrated. But, then again everybody is overrated and underrated. It just depends on who is doing the rating.
    And that status can change after just one fight. You won't find many fans overrating Paulie Malignaggi after the Khan fight. Since that fight I've realized that I had underrated Khan. Of course now many people will overrate him.

As for Maidana, you can question his boxing skills, but underrating his power or toughness seems foolish.

Comment

i been saying this from day one... he is the best jww out there

Comment

Maidana is good at fighting as his strengths (Brawling) but the problem is good boxers can neutralize brawling, when that happens he'll simply look 1 diemensional.

Great puncher though.

Comment

People around here dont like to give as much credit to brawler type fighters as boxers. Miadana is good he impressed me against Ortiz especially being able to win despite of three knockdowns. Fighting guys like Khan, Alexander, and Bradley would be tough for him but i think he can beat them.

Comment

Maidana is a strong puncher, but he has very little boxing ability. He is quite slow and only throws telegraphed left hooks or overhand rights. Plus his chin isn't the best out there...as proven when Ortiz knocked him down three times. Although to be fair he recovers well. In regards to Maidana's defence, Cayo landed a fair amount of punches on Maidana, and clearly outboxed him at times, but his poor defence and lack of boxing i.q cost him dearly in the end. I imagine a faster, smarter, tighter and more powerful boxer like Khan, could easily outbox and stop Maidana towards the end of the fight. As is always the case Maidana has the ability to land a good shot on Khan's chin and say goodnight, but it won't be easy for him because he doesn't have the speed to get inside without eating Khan's jab, and uppercuts.

In my opinion, I would favour Khan 60-40 if, and when they fight.

Comment

Working...
            X