Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the people who think Khan will out box Paulie...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
    When has Paulie Malignaggi ever stepped up in class and actually succeeded?

I know a severely weight drained Cotto dominated him in one sided fashion.Ricky Hatton slapped him around like a third rate hooker and made him quit.

Malignaggi has no class.He isn't a real fighter.He spent years upon years in this sport and he doesn't have a clue how to throw a basic combination.

Malignaggi has no heart and no chin.Khan should stop him and if he fails to do so then he should consider retirement.

Malignaggi is a journeyman.
    Are you serious? or are you just kidding? I hope your kidding because when has Paulie ever shown no chin or heart? He took Miguel freakin Cotto's best shots for 12 rounds. Their's no shame in losing to Hatton or Cotto and it sure as hell doesn't make you a bum.

He may be a journeyman at 147, but atleast a contender at 140, but he sure as hell has heart and a chin. When has he ever been on the verge of being KO'd or show this no chin?

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
      When has Paulie Malignaggi ever stepped up in class and actually succeeded?

Malignaggi is a journeyman.
      When has Khan stepped up in class? Amir has only beat Salita and Kotelnik. I rate Kotelnik he is a good fighter but not elite. The guy that Khan should have fought was Maidana but he didnt have the heart to step up. Paulie did lose his 2 biggest fights but at least he took them, and made a positive impression on alot of people in his fight with Cotto.

Juan Diaz, Lovermore Ndou, Herman Ngoujou are all good fighters.

Khan will get my respect if he beats Paulie

Paulie will proberbly be the best 140lber he has fought. Definetly better than Salita. This is the moment of truth for Khan, and I hope he doesnt underestimate Malignaggi because if he loses then he has to start all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        I see it like this, Cotto and Hatton could not hit from a distance, Khan can and will, with combination's to, thats why i think he will struggle with the pressure.

Malignaggi is not a particularly good Boxer, he is against guys with 8 losses, which is what N'Dou had, the guy he won the title from, he can also outbox the likes of Juan Diaz who is an ex pressure fighter trying turn boxer and failing miserably.

Khan will stop him imo, he certainty wont lose.
        green K for this. At least this is respectable.

Cotto & Hatton I might disagree with. Because Cotto actually is a superb boxer. And also Hatton neutralizes distance by clinching so really he doesn't need to hit from a distance.

I don't think Paulie's a great boxer, but he's definitely solid IMO. I think he can beat anybody that's no world class. I just don't think Khan is world class. especially with that chin. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Paulie KO'd him. I think Khan has the superior technique but I think Paulie is faster and slicker which I think will win him this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          Are you serious? or are you just kidding? I hope your kidding because when has Paulie ever shown no chin or heart? He took Miguel freakin Cotto's best shots for 12 rounds. Their's no shame in losing to Hatton or Cotto and it sure as hell doesn't make you a bum.

He may be a journeyman at 147, but atleast a contender at 140, but he sure as hell has heart and a chin. When has he ever been on the verge of being KO'd or show this no chin?

Cotto was severely weight drained.This was obvious to anybody who has watched the fight and who was actually following the sport at the time.If ever there was a perfect time to have beaten Cotto,then that was it.

Malignaggi should have busted that version of Cotto up and yet he failed miserably.

A bum in Christopher Fernandez was able to hurt Malignaggi.

Comment

I don't think that Khan is the better boxer but has alot more power than Paulie! I think it will go the distance but with Khan winning because I believe that he will land alot more hit that will hurt Paulie!!!

Comment

When has he ever looked vulnerable except against great pressure fighters like Hatton & Cotto? Khan sure as hell isn't no monster like Cotto or Hatton. He fights like that, he'll get knocked out.

I feel like they'll both box and that's what Paulie does best and nobody's out done him yet so I don't see any reason to doubt him now. If anybody has looked vulnerable it's Khan who gets dropped all the time. And Paulie has been looking like he's been packing more pow on his punches. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets the knockout.
              Don't know man, can't see any outboxing for Paulie. I say Khan comes out in the first (not kidding) and tries to take him out. If Paulie survives the onslaught in the first, he gets pinned in the corner or on the ropes at various times and ends up getting stopped later on.

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
              This will be another Salita moment for Khan.
              I tend to agree with you. I am looking forward to this fight more than I was the Mosley/May or Pac/Cotto fights, the drama is real and so is the hate.
              Last edited by mathed; 05-14-2010, 07:02 PM.

Comment

What makes you say that? Please give me some arguments to back that up. Amir Khan doesn't hit as hard as Hatton & Cotto which took serious rounds for them to put him away. Paulie's tough as hell. Hardly ever gets stunned. He might have light fist, but has a hell of a chin.If Khan wins, even by KO, it sure as hell won't be in the 1st 10 rounds.
                Personally, I think Khan will win. Cotto and Hatton out muscled him, but I think Khan has more sudden power to his punches, the kind you don't see coming.

Hatton and Cotto had bludgening shots, Khan may be up against the best Boxer of his career but Khan is the faster fighter here has Paulie ever fought a guy who is faster than him? I don't think so, but we'll see.

I see Khan holding all the advantages here as chin IMO is a moot point, Kotelnik has a bit more power than Paulie and he hit Khan a few times and Khan did ok, Khan is faster, hits harder, has atleast as good footwork and IMO is more talented (maybe not the better pure boxer though)

I think the key here is footwork, and handspeed, Hatton managed to get to Paulie because he has deceptively fast feet and managed to keep up with Paulies excellent feet, Khan has fast feet and will use those to get in and out of range and his fast hands will ensure he manages to tag Paulie and has enough sting to keep him cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Don't know man, can't see any outboxing for Paulie. I say Khan comes out in the first (not kidding) and tries to take him out. If Paulie survives the onslaught in the first, he gets pinned in the corner or on the ropes at various times and ends up getting stopped later on.
                  I hope he does. Talk about peoples chin. Khan has been proven weak. if he comes out and slugs, that would be dumb and it puts himself in danger.

Comment

I hope he does. Talk about peoples chin. Khan has been proven weak. if he comes out and slugs, that would be dumb and it puts himself in danger.
                    With the events of today, I think they are gonna try and kill one another in there. Khan has the power and speed advantage as well as reach (it appears), Paulie can't crush a tin can with his power.

Comment

green K for this. At least this is respectable.

Cotto & Hatton I might disagree with. Because Cotto actually is a superb boxer. And also Hatton neutralizes distance by clinching so really he doesn't need to hit from a distance.

I don't think Paulie's a great boxer, but he's definitely solid IMO. I think he can beat anybody that's no world class. I just don't think Khan is world class. especially with that chin. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Paulie KO'd him. I think Khan has the superior technique but I think Paulie is faster and slicker which I think will win him this fight!
                      Cheers, fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X