Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Mayweather bring up testing for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
    They didn't agree with USADA protocol, because USADA can't guarantee cut offs on the date.
    ?????

Explain further.

Comment

Must be, he won the rematch.
      Remind me to send you a calendar for Chanukkah.

Comment

Must be, he won the rematch.
        Why are you surprised? I mean Erik Morales had JUST been outboxed by Zahir Raheem prior to facing Manny the second time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual View Post
          What made Mayweather bring up testing for Pacquiao?
          His chicken-sense

One day, he was bitten by a radioactive chicken during a science demonstration. As a result, he gained chicken-like powers such as the ability to duck fighters, and phenomenal running skills. Floyd's own intelligence allowed him to develop a talent for piling multiple rhymes on top of one another in quick succession. "Im a dog im a gorilla, im a gorilla im a dog"

true story
          Last edited by Boxin'; 05-13-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
            ?????

Explain further.
            Funny didn't you post Mayweather was older at 33 and getting stronger. I guess it can't go both ways can it?

Pacquiao objected, in part, because he and his team want assurances that testing would be cut off at a predetermined time before the fight.

Mayweather changed his stance Saturday, moving off the hard line he had taken on using USADA as the testing agency.

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the fight but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to assure it will still be effective."
            http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4772853

Comment

Funny didn't you post Mayweather was older at 33 and getting stronger. I guess it can't go both ways can it?

I'm not sure that link tells us anything we don't know. The issue was the cutoff.

Comment

Did you read the article? He is saying that they are OK to move from using USADA to using someone else to do the testing. But did that ever happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I'm not sure that link tells us anything we don't know. The issue was the cutoff.
                  I was just clarifying that the USADA deal was still being NEGOTIATED on.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                    Did you read the article? He is saying that they are OK to move from using USADA to using someone else to do the testing. But did that ever happen?
                    When you move the cut off date, you are no longer using the USADA protocol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Ugh...tough call.

EDIT

Ok:

Hagler
                      Holmes
                      Spinks
                      Lewis
                      Very tough I might have put Holmes over Hagler but I can agree with the way you have it but I for sure put Lewis over Spinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X