Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the main reason some people hate the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    ****ty poll options. You forgot to add - because some of their so-called "fans" are delusional drones who disregard every single opponent of theirs as worthless.
    No, the Klitschko fans are real boxing fans and good people.

Real boxing fans are not prejudiced against Eastern Europeans. They recognize there are a lot of good fighters from that part of the world.

Comment

I think a lot of it has to do with his perceived arrogance when he was quite a bit younger and his lack of chin. I have also seen numerous times that he makes fights boring and it's his European style of boxing that people don't like. People dislike Mayweather for 'running' in the ring as well. I see that as skill and good sense. Why get hit when it is unnecessary?

I like Wladimir a lot. He does not talk trash (except against haye, and haye deserves the insults and so much more) and he trains well and he is educated. Both brothers have Ph.D.s. I think that is wonderful for the sport. It adds an element of refinement and dignity and panache to what was once considered a 'gentleman's sport'. Boxing is better off for them being who they are and for having accomplished what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
        I like Wladimir a lot. He does not talk trash (except against haye, and haye deserves the insults and so much more) and he trains well and he is educated. Both brothers have Ph.D.s. I think that is wonderful for the sport. It adds an element of refinement and dignity and panache to what was once considered a 'gentleman's sport'. Boxing is better off for them being who they are and for having accomplished what they have.
        Excellent post, Green K on the way.

Comment

I like Vitali, Wlad is just too robotic and 1 dimensional

Comment

People hate domination, and crave variety. The Klitschkos are just too damn good for every other heavyweight, so people hate it.

Comment

That old shot Mosley is better than Chambers, Chagaev and Thompson IMO.

I don't hate the Klitschko's and will readily admit they are great fighters, but they are boring fighters (All comes down to personal preference) Mayweather is slick, has incredible defense skills that are backed up by gorgeous defensive skills and fundementals.

The Klitschko brothers are dominant because they are hard to hit due to their height and masterful jabbing which prevents these guys from getting inside on them. They employ the same techinque everytime, jab, jab, jab with the ocassionaly right hand or left hook and when the opponent is tired and ready to be KO'd they will go for it. Rarely will they ever seek the KO from the opening bell.

It's not really fair because they don't have another great HW to compare them in their era, Vitali and Wlad are two great HW's but they won't fight (not sure if they're ATG but w/e) They are dominant though and you can't fault that.

Comment

Pretty terrible poll/options to be fair.

Especially seeing as you missed out the optin "their fans"

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
                  Excellent post, Green K on the way.
                  Case in point.

Comment

No, the Klitschko fans are real boxing fans and good people.

Real boxing fans are not prejudiced against Eastern Europeans. They recognize there are a lot of good fighters from that part of the world.
                    Correct. But there's a shortage of such open-minded fans around here, amongst the repetitive drones who only go around repeating "Wlad by brutal KO", "Soviet power!", "fat American hypejob" and "glass-jawed bum" all the time. That's not being a boxing fan - that's being prejudiced, moronic and narrow-minded. They are not true fans.

A real fan of the Klitschkos is able to analyse how a fight would take place, and acknowledge that they have deficiencies in their styles just like every fighter out there. That they're somehow infallible and perfect is ludicrous, and such attitudes only serve to push those away who would otherwise consider themselves a fan.

Also, being able to separate the antics of fighters outside of the ring can show one's true fandom - for example, I loathe what Haye has been doing/saying over the past 2 years, but I can block that out of my mind when I analyse a potential fight between him and the brothers. Rather than childishly bleating on about glass jaws and bad attitudes, one should look at their strengths and weaknesses objectively.

... How telling that so many of those pro-Klitschko drones are incapable of doing so. All they can do is harp on about how amazing the brothers are, and how awful and ****ty their opposition is. It's laughably counter-productive.
                    Last edited by PittyPat; 05-11-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Although most boxing fans respect the Klitschkos, there are a lot of Klitschko haters in all the internet boxing forums I see.

I always wonder, why are they hated?

If Mayweather fails to KO an old, shot Mosley, it's a "masterful performance".

If Wladimir scores a late KO over Chagaev, Thompson or Chambers, (after winning virtually every round) NONE OF WHICH HAD EVEN BEEN KNOCKED DOWN BEFORE, then he receives criticism and negativity for being too defensive.

Why the double standard?
                      I don't hate the Klitschko's but man, those are some terrible examples. The difference is that both hold an enormous size advantage over all of their opponents. Think for a second.

Comment

Working...
                      X