Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the main reason some people hate the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the main reason some people hate the Klitschkos?

Although most boxing fans respect the Klitschkos, there are a lot of Klitschko haters in all the internet boxing forums I see.

I always wonder, why are they hated?

If Mayweather fails to KO an old, shot Mosley, it's a "masterful performance".

If Wladimir scores a late KO over Chagaev, Thompson or Chambers, (after winning virtually every round) NONE OF WHICH HAD EVEN BEEN KNOCKED DOWN BEFORE, then he receives criticism and negativity for being too defensive.

Why the double standard?
    Because he's from Eastern Europe
    28.57%
    Because he's better than their favorite heavyweight
    9.52%
    Because he's too decent a guy, they relate better to criminals
    14.29%
    Because he's white
    33.33%
    Because he's not a loud-mouthed, arrogant trash talker
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

I have no issues with them.

Comment

Poll added.

Comment

easy, the origin is the main factor, fuk all jealous ****s.

Comment

I like them, they cool in my book.....

Comment

****ty poll options. You forgot to add - because some of their so-called "fans" are delusional drones who disregard every single opponent of theirs as worthless.

Real Klitschko fans watch all boxing and like many fighters, not just eastern Europeans.

Comment

I don't hate any of them. I have no issue with Vitali my problem is with Wlad. Wlad has really good hand speed, great athlete especially for his size. Just that he doesn't mix it up and I know he can. I want to see him throw hooks, uppercuts, go to the body and he rarely does any of that.

Comment

Don't like the way they move...It's just not fluid enough for me...But you can't knock them for being at the top of the Heavyweight ****pile...

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
                  Although most boxing fans respect the Klitschkos, there are a lot of Klitschko haters in all the internet boxing forums I see.

I always wonder, why are they hated?

If Mayweather fails to KO an old, shot Mosley, it's a "masterful performance".

If Wladimir scores a late KO over Chagaev, Thompson or Chambers, (after winning virtually every round) NONE OF WHICH HAD EVEN BEEN KNOCKED DOWN BEFORE, then he receives criticism and negativity for being too defensive.

Why the double standard?
                  a bunch of reasons

first let me say I am actually becoming quite the fan of the brothers Klitschko but let's take a real look at them Tunney

ever think they suffer the same fate as Mayweather?

think about it

fans see them as boring yet I think it's more of a case where none of them are truely challenged by the opponents they face no matter how much we prop them up

all are pretty big draws for what they are yet among the hardcore who want nothing more than two rock sock em robots in there then it becomes a monotonous exericise in boredom

all are probably hated a bit for the color of their skin a bit (lets be honest)

all dominate in a safety first fashion

etc etc

Comment

I don't hate them, in the past I use to defend them especially wlad after he was knocked out a couple of times, everyone on here was calling him a bum, but I always knew he was a good fighter.

I absolutely despise some of their fans though, scum bags comparing their legacy to lennox lewis, klits are not on that level imo. Also SOME klitschko fans refuse to acknowledge how poor the heavyweight division is. I mean Mike Tyson was sometimes accused of fighting in a sub par era, so what would you call this era? Poor...very poor. Its not their fault though they take care of business and I genuinely believe they would have competed in any era.

Wlad has a dangerous foe in Haye, he must take care of business to be considered a legit great heavyweight, if he was to lose a fight like that it would damage his legacy. Vitali showed he could compete with lennox lewis, even if lennox was over the hill, was a great performance and in that fight showed he was an elite heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X