Earlier this week, BoxingScene.com had a mixed bag of tricks when it came to the proposed rematch between WBC/WBA super flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan and WBA-interim champion Nonito Donaire. The rematch has been brewing since Donaire scored a fifth round knockout over Darchinyan in July 2007. On May 3, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com's Ronnie Nathanielsz that a deal had been reached and Donaire was flying to Las Vegas to sign a contract. That same day, Darchinyan's promoter Gary Shaw advised BoxingScene that a deal had not been reached and the two sides were still negotiating. The fight fell apart the following day. [Click Here To Read More]
Comments Thread For: Dunkin: Donaire, Darchinyan Not at Fault For Fight Fallout
Collapse
-
Tags: None
-
The financial side of boxing really kills the sport for us fans. Like I said earlier, neither of the fighters ducked each other, it was the promoters.
Gary Shaw and Top Rank, the two worst promoters in the business.
Good luck to both fighters.Comment
-
So it boils down to Shaw wanting half the TV money from the Philipines so as to screw the guy who left his company (Donaire), and Top Rank rightfully saying no.Comment
-
If you agree on a 50/50 split, that means 50/50.
Shaw didnt want all of Australia and Armenia, he was agreeing to half of everything.Comment
-
Comment
-
again, it is top rank who has the TV deal with with the filipino channel, not gary shaw productions. its clear as day who's fault it is.Comment
-
when donaire pulled out from gary shaw, gary shaw promised donaire will never his fighters again, in this case darchinyan. So i am not surprised with the take it or leave it attitude.Comment
-
Hes currently going to fight Eric Barcelona for the vacant IBO Bantamweight title, but they say hes targeting winner of Yonnhy Perez vs. Abner Mares next. Its weird because Perez beat Agbeko and Vic clearly lost to him.Comment
Comment