Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lmao! some people on here actually think mosley would have beaten pac...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    He isn't necessarily getting hit more now, he just got caught twice by one of the fastest handed fighters he ever fought. Athough at 33, Floyd is coming to the end of his prime, if he isn't there already.

I do think Martinez has stamina lapses, regardless. You also do not need to bigger like Pavlik or have a workrate like Williams to wear down your opponent. Be elusive like Floyd, and making your opponent miss also makes you physically as well as mentally tired.

Mayweather would stay light, I bet he comes in around 154-155lbs for that fight. Also, Martinez is not a true middleweight himself. When he fought Williams at middleweight he came in between 156-158lbs.

Floyd has shown he doesn't need to be a big hitter to get your respect. When you come in to land a punch, he slips it and counters you precisely... you don't necessarily want it to happen again. You don't need to hit like a truck to get someones respect.

Speed can get someones respect just as much as power can.

Martinez DOES have stamina lapses.. and he IS 35 years old.

I would have to favor Floyd in the fight... although stylistically it is no walk in the park. I think Floyd would have an easier time with Pavlik, but I think he beats both.

Williams is another discussion.
    Not only by Mosley but JMM also landed a couple right hands early in the fight. And, JMM is not the fastest WW around. I think he is slippin a little bith.

Martinez also brings the southpaw style. Something that does give Floyd fits. Martinez has boxing skills and is fast just as fast as Floyd would be at MW maybe even faster. Plus Martinez foot work is on point. Martinez power is underrated. Martinez is a big JMW. He is not really a small MW either.

I agree with Pavlik. I would favor Floyd over him at MW. But, Martinez is a different beast he has way more dimensions and better all around skills. Stylistically wise he would be a problem with Floyd at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post

what does he have to do to earn your prop? ughhh
      Take the goddamn test and fight Floyd.

Comment

Martinez is so awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
          this is what i mean man... some people are lumping pacs skill to margarito/mayorga

pac boxing skills are very underated in the forums
          What is great about pac's footwork? Besides foot speed he does a lot of no no's technically. Like leaving his feet, and and being off balance at times? Please explain to me what you see that is great about his foot work?

Comment

Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
            I didn't see that against the last pac fights I watched. ODLH, Cotto, Hatton, and Clottey. He simply out punched and out speeded them.
            Then you didn't see those fights man...

Comment

Originally posted by iÐoL View Post
              Martinez is so awkward.
              He really is. He's awkward and super athletic. That's why he gives so many people problems. At the same time it seems like he gives himself problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Not only by Mosley but JMM also landed a couple right hands early in the fight. And, JMM is not the fastest WW around. I think he is slippin a little bith.

Martinez also brings the southpaw style. Something that does give Floyd fits. Martinez has boxing skills and is fast just as fast as Floyd would be at MW maybe even faster. Plus Martinez foot work is on point. Martinez power is underrated. Martinez is a big JMW. He is not really a small MW either.

I agree with Pavlik. I would favor Floyd over him at MW. But, Martinez is a different beast he has way more dimensions and better all around skills. Stylistically wise he would be a problem with Floyd at MW.
                Well, what JMM does have... is excellent timing.. those shots he landed on Floyd were more of a timing thing than anything else. Also, Floyd was coming off an 18 month layoff himself.

I don't really think I can see Floyd get hit 2 or 3 times in a fight and call it slipping. Although, I do think the end of his prime is right around the corner.

On Martinez, I definitely see the stylistic problems Martinez brings to the table.. but I also see the mistakes he makes. You simply can't make those kinds of mistakes against Floyd. Martinez gets lazy with his punches.

And like I said, Floyd comes in light for that fight.. he retains his speed.

I do NOT agree he is faster than Floyd, regardless of Floyd moving up 6 or 7 pounds. I think he looked a lot faster because he was fighting Pavlik. That doesn't mean he doesn't have speed... but compared to Floyd, I think it would be noticeable he is not as fast.

He has good power, but I just don't take power too much into consideration when fighting Floyd. You need more than a hard hit to beat Floyd.

I just think when it comes down to the fight, Floyd would have the reflexes and timing to capitalize when Martinez comes in to throw.

Williams has no defence and Pavlik is a walking punching bag. Floyd would be a completely different animimal.

Vice versa for that matter... Martinez has the best chance to beat Floyd outside of Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
                  He really is. He's awkward and super athletic. That's why he gives so many people problems. At the same time it seems like he gives himself problems.
                  I've got a HL video in the process of Martinez, watching some of his punches in slow-mo is crazy.

It's like he leans right in and throws his hook while coming in.

I cannot explain, you have to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
                    Take the goddamn test and fight Floyd.
                    He doesn't even need to fight Floyd for me. Fight Bradley, Alexander, or anybody with speed and boxing ability. And do it without catchweights and hydration penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Then you didn't see those fights man...
                      According to you, but pac has had a hard type with technical boxers in the past. All the guys he beat lately are basically clones stylistically.

Comment

Working...
                      X