Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're son was fighting a fighter accused of PED's would you oppose OSDT's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends, are these rumors specific, is the fighter linked to a steroid dealer or is there something specific that would indicate PED use? Or are people just saying "Oh he's too good, he must be on PEDs". If it was the former, I would probably tell him not to take the fight. But if it was the latter I would tell him to get in there and fight. There probably are a good chunk of fighters using PEDs anyways so if that's the life my son chooses he should be ready for it.

Also I do think there is a chance Manny is using PEDs, but I also think he could use PEDs and do OSDT and test clean. The drug makers are always one step ahead of the drug testers.

Comment

Originally posted by MacMarauder View Post
      It depends, are these rumors specific, is the fighter linked to a steroid dealer or is there something specific that would indicate PED use? Or are people just saying "Oh he's too good, he must be on PEDs". If it was the former, I would probably tell him not to take the fight. But if it was the latter I would tell him to get in there and fight. There probably are a good chunk of fighters using PEDs anyways so if that's the life my son chooses he should be ready for it.

Also I do think there is a chance Manny is using PEDs, but I also think he could use PEDs and do OSDT and test clean. The drug makers are always one step ahead of the drug testers.
      good post!!

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
        the one that started accusing hm of being on ped's was his dad in the first place u ****** ****!!!!the mayweathers just cant handle that theres a better boxer in the game then floyd mayweather......
        nevermind that...im asking if YOU were the father of a fighter...would you let him fight someone who was on PED's?

Comment

Originally posted by Fanny Packiao View Post
          nevermind that...im asking if YOU were the father of a fighter...would you let him fight someone who was on PED's?
          Was on PED's or accused of being on PED's?

Theres a big difference there.

If i was the one accusing him, then obviously no. Floyd Snr seemed to be the one to get the ball rolling with accusing Pac.

The reasons behind the accusations were very weak. It would depend on the evidence.
          IMO, Floyd could out box Pac.

There is no different versions of Pac on drugs or without drugs, because we dont know whether he is on them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanny Packiao View Post
            sorry for TYPO in the thread title...it should be PED, not PHD.....@myself....lol

I would like to ask all of the fans out there, if your son was supposed to fight someone who was accused of taking performance enhancing drugs, would you want your son to say "**** the test" and just fight him or would you be concerned with the safety of your son?

or how about if you were actually the trainer of your son...

I know a lot of fans think that Mayweathers request's for Olympic Style Drug Testing is ****** and that he is scared to fight Manny, but these guys arent fighters, they are just fans so they want to see action & brutality. I wonder how many of these guys who oppose ODST now as fans, would continue to oppose it if they were training their son to fight a guy who was accused of taking PHD's

Lets talk about this
            No one accused Pac of taking ped's but Mayweather sr. himself.

Comment

If I was worried I wouldnt make ridiculous statements saying the guy accused of using PEDs is nothing and my son could beat him regardless of the testing or not. I would also learn to enunciate.

Comment

"if you are son was fighting"

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                  it depends...who's saying the rumors?

also, if my son sucks as a boxer, i'd tell him not to fight...but if my son had floyd's skills, i'd tell him to man up...whoop that ass and make that money
                  you must not have kids. if you did, i'm sure you wouldn't want him to enter into a competition where his opponent has an unfair illegal advantage. especially in boxing, a fair playing feild is extremely important. men have lost their lives to this sport. even if it were just a rumor, if there is any thing at all to it as a parent you would want to fully investigate before sending your child out there. that's just what parents do, look after their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                    If I was worried I wouldnt make ridiculous statements saying the guy accused of using PEDs is nothing and my son could beat him regardless of the testing or not. I would also learn to enunciate.
                    don't mistake being articulate for being intelligent, and take lack of articulation for ignorance. floyd mayweather sr. is knowledgable about boxing to say the least, and is well within his rights and role as a parent.

Comment

Originally posted by touchofsleep View Post
                      you must not have kids. if you did, i'm sure you wouldn't want him to enter into a competition where his opponent has an unfair illegal advantage. especially in boxing, a fair playing feild is extremely important. men have lost their lives to this sport. even if it were just a rumor, if there is any thing at all to it as a parent you would want to fully investigate before sending your child out there. that's just what parents do, look after their kids.
                      Then he should have asked for blood testing of all his opponents from day one.

Comment

Working...
                      X