Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you cry about robberies, yet condone them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Keys is a porker.

Comment

lol raba gtfo

Comment

most if the fights tht people call robberies r close fights tht they had winning on there scorcards but rounds could go either way, this is y i think people argue about them cause they score rounds differently and have a different fighter winning. a robbery is lacy getting the decision over calzaghe etc

Comment

im not talking about close fights though. i am talking about plain old robberies.

Comment

T-Wang you have to remember this forum is composed of two types of individuals, those who watch the fights and those who go to boxrec.

Hagler vs Leonard, on paper Leonard is the winner but people still debate it today because they watched the fight.

Comment

You complain about DLT's long posts then you come up with this?

Comment

Originally posted by T-WANG View Post
                "Marquez lost to Chris John in Indonesia"

Again another one, which I hear people say in order to take away from Marquez's accomplishments. No John didn't beat Marquez he simply got a gift. Marquez outboxed him, yet he got robbed.
                When I watched that fight I scored the fight in favor of John, though by a smaller margin than the official judges. The only western boxing reporter at the fight also scored it in favor of John. Also to say that Marquez outboxed him is just wrong. John's superior speed and reach gave him the advantage whenever they were boxing, Marquez only had the advantage when he was able to get in close and make it a brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
                  Why didn't you use Pacquiao-JMM as an example?
                  He probably didn't want a flame war

Comment

For all of the fights you've mentioned, there are intelligent, knowledgable boxing fans and journalists who scored them in favour of the winner.

Another factor is that when it comes to assessing to someone's resume, you have to attempt to be objective, and the best way to do that is to accept the official result. It's a flawed methodology, but then again so is acting as if all the scorecards you disagreed with never happened. Take DLH for example. I've seen his fans rate him highly based upon how they scored his fights with Sweet Pea, Sturm, Quartey, Tito and Mosley. I've seen people that dislike him underrate him and claim that he deserved to lose all of those fights.

Comment

hoya-trinidad wasnt a robbery. nor were pac-jmm1&2. all close fights.

casamayor-santacruz, now THAT's a robbery.

Comment

Working...
                      X