Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Admits To Targeting Fights With Less Risk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    A few days ago, we ran a story with a partial quote from WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan. In the quote, Khan made a comment about catching the best opponents when they were "off their peak." The comment caused a lot of controversy because Khan was basically stating that he wanted to fight the best boxers when they were easier to beat. He didn't want to fight these guys when they were at their best. [Click Here To Read More]
    Khan's comments confirms my long time assertions completely. I have been saying this for years, and, in fact, it was commonly reported frequently from about after the Quartey fight.

I often said that Oscar's Brains Trust slipped up from time to time, resulting in his losses beginning with Trinidad.

Oscar was also being criticized for his "fade-away" finishes, and he used to make a big thing (after he was being beaten) of saying how this was proof that he always fought the best.

One cannot blame Amir Khan for his tactic; it is sound policy, particularly as he is inching into major business decisions, the results of which can either ruin him for the future, or extend his big money earning time slot. I suppose he is facing up to the situation that he has a major earning power flaw. To get as far as he has, is a big achievement.

I'm surprised that he admitted it, Oscar never did, however in his case it was very obvious what he was doing, and he took a lot of criticism for it, which many today seem to forget.

Comment

wow, that's pretty funny that he admitted it

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        "Oscar fought the best when they were on the decline"

Hmm, Am I mistaken or did Oscar not fight a prime Tito Trinidad, Ike Quartey, Oba Carr, Shane Mosley, Hector Camacho, Pernell Whitaker, Genaro Hernandez, Fernando Vargas and Bernard Hopkins at 160?

Oscar fought the best. Stop talking out your ass Mr Khan

I hope Malignaggi wins
        No they weren't....except Mosley, whom he always felt superior to.....treated him like a poor cousin. It was this which caused Mosley to refuse to take short money ($10 mill) for a return fight. As I say, Oscar slipped up from time to time, and once he;d lost his "0" , to make sure he had ALL the advantages was no longer as important as before.

Carr, Camacho, and others had been well beaten (up) by Trinidad before Oscar "selected" them.

Comment

Originally posted by leemoorcroft View Post
          khans just sayin what all boxers do and have done for the whole history of boxing he should be keepin his little arab mouth shut though delahoya chavez whitaker tyson holmes maciano v j louis hatton tyzsu green v jones pacqiao v oscar goes on and on but khan needs not to shout his mouth of makes him look like a ***** bag
          Speaking of history, I do believe that Khan's family is from Pakistan and therefore they are not Arab.

Comment

This thread only generates more hate towards Amir .

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              This thread only generates more hate towards Amir .
              He brings it on himself, he should think before he acts.

Comment

Disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shUqYIkMXu0

Beauty of that fight is you can watch it whilst the kettles boiling.
                  @FeFist that is so cool LOL. P4P chinless brakedance Kahn.
                  Last edited by fenixbb; 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

his name says it all

Comment

Maybe it's time for GBP to give their fighters media training.

Even though they are in a brutal sport, Khan and Ortiz are still young dudes growing up and still haven't learned you can't say everything that pops into your head, especially when it's gonna be exposed to millions of people.

But, hey, this type of honesty is... I can't find the word... intriguing?

Anyways, boxers can earn respect by what they do inside the ring. Actions speak louder than words in this sport. There's still time for these cats to over come their mistakes.

P.S. Agreed that prospects/contenders fighting experienced/old/washed-up? fighters is part of the game. It's a test to see if the young guy really "has it" or the old guy "still has it." As a fan, you just want the fighters and other fans to be honest about those kind of match-ups and not let those victories be over-exaggerated when the other guy doesn't have it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X