No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says: 'Mayweather Doesn't Have His Legs Anymore'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by puroylan View Post
    Pacman should beat Floyd now.Manny average 100 punchess per round & I don't think Floyd will be able to keep up with him. He's easier to hit now as shown by Mosley.Mosley got old overnight. Training for Berto then Floyd,that's why he looks very tired.Manny has power & stamina.
    Styles make fights.

I love Manny, Floyd is my boy - and has been for well over a decade - but I would love to see Manny knock Floyd on his ass.

But, your theory is..... "Manny average 100 punchess per round & I don't think Floyd will be able to keep up with him."..... in the Clottey fight, Manny threw about 100 punches per round, but only appeared to connect with about 20% (a guess-timate, I'm not sure exactly - maybe someone can tell?)

Bro, that is about 80 scoring opportunities for Mayweather .....every single round..... + the jabs / right-hand leads.

Mayweather will keep up with Pac, be sure of that

Comment

• The Showdown...

Props to Jr this weekend for putting on another clinic. As for Roach's assessment, I think it's more fodder than fire. After watching the dude take almost 2yrs off and dismantle the no2 or no3 p4p fighter in Marquez (regardless of size) then do the same to another top 5 p4p'er in Mosely who many ranked at the top welterweight..I can't see how any sane individual could see any relative signs of decline in his game. I read countless posts from heads on this site or many others saying how Shane was gonna ko Mayweather mainly bc of his dominant showing against Margarito and the fact he always comes to fight. Well guess what, he did come to fight..threw the same type punches that busted AM up all night (in the 1st 2rds) and still went home with his azz handed to him. It's amazing how a fighter gets dispatched easily by a certain boxer and all of a sudden said fighter is now a "shell" or he's "washed up". In his last 3 fights prior to fighting 'Money', Marquez took Pac to the wall in a close..close decis then stopped both Casamayor & Juan Diaz & was subsequently viewed as the 2nd or 3rd ranked fighter currently. He fights Mayweather..now he's "old & washed up". You dudes should smack yourselves for the feeble attempts to discredit Jr's victories. Same -ish with Shane who hadn't lost since 2007 albeit dropping a close decis to Cotto (and was ULTRA competitive throughout). He goes on to stop Mayorga & destroy the so called beast of the division, Margaritio. Again, he's rated in the top 5 & in many cases top 3 p4p'er..gets taken to school and now he's "old over night". Nah, he just ran into a far more superior fighter.

Comment

• Huh? May was moving like he did with DLH and Marquez. His legs are still there, he didn't even need to move since Mosley wasn't in it anymore after the 3rd or 4th round.

Comment

• some floyd fans use roach's quote about how cotto and hatton were all shot after pac beats them. lets say pac beat floyd, some floyd fans will use the "Mayweather Doesn't Have His Legs Anymore'' ''roach said so!''

Comment

• Mayweather is probably not as fast on his feet these days as he once were, but that doesn't equal his legs are shot.
            Mayweather is a bigger, stronger guy today than 5 years ago. Of course, a shift in body build will result in a shift in body dynamics too, so no surprise there.

The same thing goes for Pacquiao though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hallucinogen View Post
              no one got stamina like pacman, no one. He will hit mayweather 3 min of every round. And he can take a punch, fridde is being respectful of him saying he`s a good fighter. But Manny will win for sure..
              your name = your post

just say no

Comment

• freddie roach is a hall of fame trainer but he may need to get his glasses fixed this time.. i was plain and simple floyd's gameplan was to stand there and fight show everybody that he still can be just as good without alot of movement.. all these so called experts like emanuel steward or just don't care for mayweather so they wanna see him loose well guess what pac man aint gonna do it

Comment

• lol...................

Comment

• only unless he is in pacs corner talking about pac beating up some no hoper should he open his gobstopper.

....c0ckroach

Comment

• Originally posted by King Ju-Ju View Post
                      listen man, whether manny wins or not, i promise u pacquiao will fight his balls off for 12 rounds. he aint gonna do what shane did after the second round. i had mayweather beating mosley, so i wasnt surprised. i was just shocked shane didnt go all out and settled for getting abused until the fight was over. manny wont go out like that.
                      *snicker*

Oh man.

Comment

Working...
                      X