No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul Alvarez opinions?

What were you guys opinion on Alvarez yesterday? To me he looked pretty impressive, although cotto was fighting like 2 weightclasses over his natural.

The kid was hurt and finished strong, his defence needs a lot of work and tighten up some of that offence a bit. Hes only 19 and i was impressed.

what you guys think?

He's got a future he just needs to tighten up his guard and be cautious of wide left hooks, I mean he's only 19 he is still filling out in his frame...

Comment

yea he needs couple more fights i heard Golden Boy wants him to get a title next year..i think thats a bad plan he should start world title fights when hes 22 or so i dont see him having any business with Martinez, Miguel Cotto, Foreman at 154 right now.

Comment

How are people not impressed by last night. I can't believe how ****ty people are at judging talent. It's like those people that don't see anything special about Benavidez.

Alvarez showed heart, chin, timing, accuracy, multitude of punches, can fight inside, or outside, and efficient movement. Probably had a few nerves, and a little cocky at the beginning of the fight. He got caught, because he didn't feel he was a threat, but after that it was easy.

In 2-3 years he will be very very good. Maybe great.

Comment

Get sparked out by Kell Brook.

Comment

I think hes going for a title at 147, thats the weight hes been campaigning at anyway and both weighed in at 149 yesterday so he can make it.

I want to see this kid beat that Alfonso Gomez character, he has no business being a contender at 147 by beating old past their prime fighters. Alvarez would pick him apart

Comment

Alvarz made me fan yesterday!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFanFirst View Post
                How are people not impressed by last night. I can't believe how ****ty people are at judging talent. It's like those people that don't see anything special about Benavidez.

Alvarez showed heart, chin, timing, accuracy, multitude of punches, can fight inside, or outside, and efficient movement. Probably had a few nerves, and a little cocky at the beginning of the fight. He got caught, because he didn't feel he was a threat, but after that it was easy.

In 2-3 years he will be very very good. Maybe great.
                Hell yea You know when hes fighting again? i heard that Frankie Gomez kid is nice to

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                  Hell yea You know when hes fighting again? i heard that Frankie Gomez kid is nice to
                  June 26th. No opponent named yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                    I think hes going for a title at 147, thats the weight hes been campaigning at anyway and both weighed in at 149 yesterday so he can make it.

I want to see this kid beat that Alfonso Gomez character, he has no business being a contender at 147 by beating old past their prime fighters. Alvarez would pick him apart
                    thats actually not a bad fight i mean gomez isnt that good but he can hold his own. good experience match for alvarez

Comment

Working...
                    X