No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Interview on Fighting Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
    Let me guess, you take a rudimentary approach to Floyd receiving criticism and assume everyone who criticizes him is a Pac fan? I haven't brought up Pac once, but you do it consistently as if it's your defense mechanism kicking into high gear. I think Floyd is the best boxer on the planet, so what exactly is your point?

Putting that aside, I think it's difficult to compare the roads of either fighters without putting their careers into context and looking specifically at how long each fighter has been at welterweight....one fighter has been a welterweight for a year, and the other fighter became a welterweight in 2005 when he fought Sharmbe Mitchell, you bring up the most general examples to backup your points, yet all without context and all of which are easily taken apart when examined further.
    you guys LOVE to say Floyd has been a welterweight since 2005 but you guys ALWAYS fail to mention how floyd was retired for almost 2 years and fought at junior middleweight for 1 fight. so really how long as he been at welterweight? AND Floyd was the lineal champ at welterweight and there hasn't been one since. So what exactly are you comparing. And if you wanna compare careers lol who did pacquiao fight before 2005? besides a bunch of filipino bums and 1 of them knocked his ass out!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tweezy316 View Post
      you guys LOVE to say Floyd has been a welterweight since 2005 but you guys ALWAYS fail to mention how floyd was retired for almost 2 years and fought at junior middleweight for 1 fight. so really how long as he been at welterweight? AND Floyd was the lineal champ at welterweight and there hasn't been one since. So what exactly are you comparing. And if you wanna compare careers lol who did pacquiao fight before 2005? besides a bunch of filipino bums and 1 of them knocked his ass out!!
      I'm not the one comparing careers...you are, so why are you posing rhetorical questions? Baldomir is the only notable welterweight on Floyd's resume, and we all know Baldomir was the second coming of Joe Louis.
      Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 04-24-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Manny can move onto bigger things figuratively and literally, he is a welterweight and at this stage much improved since he last fought Marquez, what weight would he fight Marquez at anyway? Marquez can't carry 147 and not even sure about 140.

First of all Manny needs to submit to random testing because I am 1000% certain he's on something then he needs to fight an untainted fighter cause real boxing fans aren't into the hype. We clearly see what he is doing. Ray Leonard didnt wait until Benitez, Hearns, Duran and Hagler were beaten beofre facing them. How dare anyone mention Manny among the all time greats. As for Marquez, Manny said with his own mouth on Road To Dallas that his natural fighting weight is 135. Roach 2nd it and Ariza backed them.
        Last edited by Sugar Q; 04-24-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
          Weak spin my dude. The world wanted to see Marquez 3. Everybody but the judges thought that Marquez won that 2nd fight. Remember the first fight was a draw. Manny has unfinished business with Marquez. So what's your Manny excuse for not fighting Shane? What about the whole light-wt division? Hey, what about Bradley @140? What about anybody on a winning streak? Instead we'll get Margacheato. I'm sure you see the pattern.
          I didnt know JMM 3 was in such high demand....Manny won the first fight because the judge made a scoring error that resulting in a draw.

But what do you want from Pac? He cant face every top guys out there at once...im pretty sure 90% of people wanted Pac vs Cotto, then Pac Vs Bradley. He has fought the top opposition out there so you cant blame him....Dont make excuses for Floyd because if there is ANYONE that ducked Mosley, its Floyd.....Instead of fighting the top opposition he takes Marquez...

Comment

First of all Manny needs to submit to random testing because I am 1000% certain he's on something then he needs to fight an untainted fighter cause real boxing fans aren't into the hype. We clearly see what he is doing. Ray Leonard didnt wait until Benitez, Hearns, Duran and Hagler were beaten beofre facing them. How dare anyone mention Manny among the all time greats.
            You have proof that he's on something? Share with us please...we're all waiting?

It's funny you bring up all those names, names that Mayweather wouldn't dream of fighting since he never even fathomed fighting their lesser contemporaries in Cotto, Margarito, PWill, Clottey,Cintron(better than Baldomir) or anyone with a heart beat at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
              I didnt know JMM 3 was in such high demand....Manny won the first fight because the judge made a scoring error that resulting in a draw.

But what do you want from Pac? He cant face every top guys out there at once...im pretty sure 90% of people wanted Pac vs Cotto, then Pac Vs Bradley. He has fought the top opposition out there so you cant blame him....Dont make excuses for Floyd because if there is ANYONE that ducked Mosley, its Floyd.....Instead of fighting the top opposition he takes Marquez...
              I want him to face a untainted fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want him to face a untainted fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                You keep saying untainted as if you have proof of something....get a grip dude. He doesn't care who "you" want him to face, he doesn't even care about who the boxing public at large wants him to face, why would he care that "you" want him to fight an untainted fighter.Mosley made an intelligent comment during 24/7 and even my dad agreed, it's one thing to call yourself the best sooner or later you'll have to prove it.
                Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 04-24-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post

floyd and mosley are fighting next week. what are you talking about? Look all sugar is saying is he wants to see Pac take on someone with a nice sized winning streak. that's all. is that too much to ask? and you can say the judge made an error but come on. you finish the 1st round with 3 knockdowns and you can't close it out??? You do realize he lost almost every round after that right? You do remember Jinkee covering her face so she couldn't see those combos marquez was dropping on pacquiao lol come on man

Comment

You keep saying untainted as if you have proof of something....get a grip dude. He doesn't care who "you" want him to face, he doesn't even care about who the boxing public at large wants him to face, why would he care that "you" want him to fight an untainted fighter.Mosley made an intelligent comment during 24/7 and even my dad agreed, it's one thing to call yourself the best sooner or later you'll have to prove it.
                    mosleyh also said the fans have to decide who's the greatest. And if Manny even wants to be considered he better care about who we want him to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tweezy316 View Post
                      floyd and mosley are fighting next week. what are you talking about? Look all sugar is saying is he wants to see Pac take on someone with a nice sized winning streak. that's all. is that too much to ask? and you can say the judge made an error but come on. you finish the 1st round with 3 knockdowns and you can't close it out??? You do realize he lost almost every round after that right? You do remember Jinkee covering her face so she couldn't see those combos marquez was dropping on pacquiao lol come on man
                      Who was the last man that Floyd fought, describe his "winning" streak? Please we're all waiting.....

Comment

Working...
                      X