No announcement yet.

HORUS PRESENTS: “It is twice as hard to crush a HALF-TRUTH as a whole lie”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
    Well,it's hard to prove these supposed lies are in fact just that...
    when the opportunity for truth presented itself,Manny ran away and fought in a state that doesn't use drug testing.
    He wouldn't have been in this mess to begin with if he just compromised a bit more.
    At this stage,it isn't a question of "he is innocent",it is a question of "if " people should have suspicion.I believe his actions,excuses and resistance warrant second thoughts.

Who bails from a fight for the amount they were going to get paid????? It is simple-if you are clean,this test is nothing to worry about.Why fight 2-3 fights to make the same money as 1 fight?Why not take that one fight that can define your career,make you the most money and legacy,for less training,etc?I just don't understand why anyone would rather take less career defining fights,less money,and have to endure three training camps instead of one.All over a drug test....A dirty person has something to be hesitant about,but not a clean person....
    nothing you wrote matters;

fact: if floyd doesn't demand something that has never been asked of another boxer for a professional boxing match, the fight would be on.

everything else= speculation and opinions.

everything else happened because of that, so you can blame both fighters, but floyd is the one who gets the most blame because he made baseless accusations. PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
      Pakyo,
      First of all, where did I twist any facts in my reply to Pistol.
      Second, We all have prejudices including you.
      Third, you can say alot of thing about me, but one thing you can not say is I do not make a attempt to delivery facts when I post about something.

People who agree with me are not dumbasses, they just agree with the facts I presented and the rational way I presented it to them.

btw, R.I.P SAM

some are, we know this

Comment

Honestly Roy Jones deserves every bit the criticism he has gotten. Dude's resume is so ****in soft and cherry picked it's ridiculous. Outside of Toney and Hopkins...he resume is a ****in joke. What's even funnier is that after he got his ass handed to him by Tarver...then he tried to man up and face good guys....only to get is a$$ dominated even worse. He has no one to blame but himself for all his failures.

I know his fan boys will be pissed...but this is the gospel truth concerning Roy's cherry picked career.
        Last edited by Khalid X; 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post
          As for your rant about black fighters...dude coming from a guy who has a white dude punching a black dudes head off in his AVI speaks volumes.

I'm a Mexican American douchebag, the guy in my sig is a white russian, and my fav boxer of all time is bernard hopkins. But yeah i'm racist!

Comment

I mean I hate to be so brutal, but Roy's resume is softer than a baby's a$$cheek.
            Last edited by Khalid X; 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

how pretentious

Comment

For the record...Floyd's resume is respectable in my book. Could it have been better..absolutely, but I don't knock him for choosing Baldomir over Margarito and a few other choices.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                  I mean I hate to be so brutal, but Roy's resume is softer than a baby's a$$cheek.
                  LOL, damn what did roy ever do to you..

Comment

Half Truths.

Today I want to present to you an argument that is based around a BIG problem we have in boxing today. This is the telling of Half Truths.
                    Like the old saying goes,

“It is twice as hard to crush a half-truth as a whole lie”

This is why fighters like Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Roy Jones will never get the credit that they deserve.

It has become ever so apparent to me that the lines have been draw in the sand when it comes to Floyd Mayweather Jr . We have 1 side standing on each of the line in the sand and they argue; Floyd Mayweather Jr is a coward and he has strategically ducked opponents like Margarito, Cotto, Williams, Tszyu, Stevie Johnson, Paul Spadafora, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and forgive me forgetting to add every other boxer name to that list. Or he has been willing to fight any of these fighters but the price, time, or situation with the people involved wasn’t right.

Somewhere in the middle of these 2 sides is the truth. But for now all we have are conspiracy theories based on half truths. Which is damn near impossible to dispute. Because the problem with conspiracy theories when they are based on half truths, are they are half true. So when we have people arguing a point of view based on a conspiracy theory, which is ultimately based on a half truth.

What we have are people mixing their own person opinion, and bias with a little bit of fantasy and a little bit of facts.
                    I am a firm believer that telling the half truth is damn near telling a whole lie.
                    When someone tells you something that is true, but leaves out important information that should be included, he can create a false impression.
                    Half-truths are not technically lies, but they are just as dishonest.

This is the problem Floyd Mayweather Jr faces with his critic’s. They used half truths to justify whole arguments. Furthermore, the arguments usually include a little bit exaggeration, fantasy, and half truths. When you combined all those things into one argument, article, or report. You now have a hell of an STORYLINE to dispute if everything they said could be somehow link to a fact.

You guys might ask well how did this happen to a fighter like Floyd Mayweather Jr, and other people in his position

I would argue the lack of integrity by the anybody can write an article boxing media. Fueled by the contempt that alot of these writers in the media had and have for the Mayweathers.

As a result to this day we have ignorant boxing fans repeating lies they heard and read their favorite writer write on their bias websites. Thus creating atmosphere of unwarranted hate, based on in large part jealousy and half truths.

Jealousy of one man's success compared to their own, or compared to their favorite fighters. So the response alot of these writers take and took was destroying the or withholding all of the facts in order to affect the reality.
                    As a result, by in large they succeeded. They flooded the market with the same lines over and over again without any reguard for facts, because their purpose was to destroy one fighter’s reputation and legacy while hoping to enhance and build another fighters name.

IMO, Looking how history played out I believe the full truth about Mayweather will come out some day, but until then we live in this era of boxing of half truths, and therefore we will suffer to really to appreciate the fighters we have today.

HORUS
                    GETURFACTSSTRAIGHT WEBCAST
                    Hosted by: HORUS
                    Wednesdays: 11pm eastern, 9pm Central Time, 7pm Pacific
                    Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
                    Call ID: 72140 http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72140

GETURFACTSTV
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/GETURFACTSTV
                    HORUS on Bleacher report
                    http://bleacherreport.com/users/219229-horus-lives
                    HORUS Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...00000555462366

Good point man. It's been like this forever. But if you, like me and many others can see right through the agendas, schemes and bias we all see the same thing: jealousy.

Comment

Half Truths.

Today I want to present to you an argument that is based around a BIG problem we have in boxing today. This is the telling of Half Truths.
                      Like the old saying goes,

“It is twice as hard to crush a half-truth as a whole lie”

This is why fighters like Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Roy Jones will never get the credit that they deserve.

It has become ever so apparent to me that the lines have been draw in the sand when it comes to Floyd Mayweather Jr . We have 1 side standing on each of the line in the sand and they argue; Floyd Mayweather Jr is a coward and he has strategically ducked opponents like Margarito, Cotto, Williams, Tszyu, Stevie Johnson, Paul Spadafora, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and forgive me forgetting to add every other boxer name to that list. Or he has been willing to fight any of these fighters but the price, time, or situation with the people involved wasn’t right.

Somewhere in the middle of these 2 sides is the truth. But for now all we have are conspiracy theories based on half truths. Which is damn near impossible to dispute. Because the problem with conspiracy theories when they are based on half truths, are they are half true. So when we have people arguing a point of view based on a conspiracy theory, which is ultimately based on a half truth.

What we have are people mixing their own person opinion, and bias with a little bit of fantasy and a little bit of facts.
                      I am a firm believer that telling the half truth is damn near telling a whole lie.
                      When someone tells you something that is true, but leaves out important information that should be included, he can create a false impression.
                      Half-truths are not technically lies, but they are just as dishonest.

This is the problem Floyd Mayweather Jr faces with his critic’s. They used half truths to justify whole arguments. Furthermore, the arguments usually include a little bit exaggeration, fantasy, and half truths. When you combined all those things into one argument, article, or report. You now have a hell of an STORYLINE to dispute if everything they said could be somehow link to a fact.

You guys might ask well how did this happen to a fighter like Floyd Mayweather Jr, and other people in his position

I would argue the lack of integrity by the anybody can write an article boxing media. Fueled by the contempt that alot of these writers in the media had and have for the Mayweathers.

As a result to this day we have ignorant boxing fans repeating lies they heard and read their favorite writer write on their bias websites. Thus creating atmosphere of unwarranted hate, based on in large part jealousy and half truths.

Jealousy of one man's success compared to their own, or compared to their favorite fighters. So the response alot of these writers take and took was destroying the or withholding all of the facts in order to affect the reality.
                      As a result, by in large they succeeded. They flooded the market with the same lines over and over again without any reguard for facts, because their purpose was to destroy one fighter’s reputation and legacy while hoping to enhance and build another fighters name.

IMO, Looking how history played out I believe the full truth about Mayweather will come out some day, but until then we live in this era of boxing of half truths, and therefore we will suffer to really to appreciate the fighters we have today.

HORUS
                      GETURFACTSSTRAIGHT WEBCAST
                      Hosted by: HORUS
                      Wednesdays: 11pm eastern, 9pm Central Time, 7pm Pacific
                      Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
                      Call ID: 72140 http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72140

GETURFACTSTV
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/GETURFACTSTV
                      HORUS on Bleacher report
                      http://bleacherreport.com/users/219229-horus-lives
                      HORUS Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...00000555462366

Floyd causes his own problems and tells his own share of half trths to overcome. Do what you say you are going to do in and out of the ring, conduct yourself with integrity and humility and the fans will stand up and cheer. S hit talk, flip personnas and you will quickly find yourself with a credibility and PR problem if respect and popularity is what you seek. Of course having Roger Mayweather speak on camera is a problem for anyone's PR machine... nice read by the way, you are a good poster dont care what anyone says.

Comment

Working...
                      X