No announcement yet.

Mosley: "After I beat Floyd, I wouldn't require OST to fight Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    I can co-sign this. You made some good points btw. This is why I'm not mad at Pac because there are so many people to blame for the sport beign the way it is.
    I don't blame manny either. I blame Bob. I get tired of the all the BS. the ******* ***** crap. I think real boxing fans know the truth about floyd and bob. But fans who just got hip to floyd after the odh fight and pac fans who jsut got hip to him after the 2nd jmm fight have no real clue about the history.

Floyd didn't duck, manny 's not dirty, and BOB IS A GREEDY A$$HOLE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      do you feel the same way about manny's $10mil per lb clause? Nevada already has rules in place for fighters who don't make weight.
      No, but doesn't have to agree with it. That is why it is a CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT but it isn't a policy.

So why did Floyd agree? That's his prerogative.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
        No, but doesn't have to agree with it. That is why it is a CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT but it isn't a policy.

So why did Floyd agree? That's his prerogative.
        Floyd agreed because he wants the fights that bring him the most money. He wasn't gonna let something like 2lbs stand in the way of $25-40 mil.

Comment

Floyd agreed because he wants the fights that bring him the most money. He wasn't gonna let something like 2lbs stand in the way of $25-40 mil.

If Floyd wanted all that money.. he should have drop OST or accepted 24day cut off..

Comment

He didn't want to fight because his allegations are unfounded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
              Yeah that is what I believe. Neither fighter is in their prime which makes this a competive fight. There is no other way to look at that. It's not like Mayweather is 25 and Mosley is 38.
              Neither is it that Mosley is 38 and Floyd is 38. Floyd is almost as close to 25 as he is to 38.
              Last edited by AKATheMack; 04-14-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• If Floyd suffered his first defeat at Mosley's hands; it'd be huge. Epic. It's hard not to give the rematch some attention. I mean, Floyd has to win big to even save face, and even at that he'd have to turn over a new career leaf on doing more than winning comfortable decisions to be the stuff of legend; it'd be an uphill battle.

Regardless, if Shane Mosley can beat Floyd I say 'Rumble, Old Man, Rumble!' and that Mosley makes Floyd's ass wait. I'm not sure how the rematch clause works, but I'd want to see Shane make the best of his win and get a shot at Manny.

If he can beat Floyd, I'd say he has a real chance against Manny- I'd be game. So, I voted for Mosley-Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                  If Floyd suffered his first defeat at Mosley's hands; it'd be huge. Epic. It's hard not to give the rematch some attention. I mean, Floyd has to win big to even save face, and even at that he'd have to turn over a new career leaf on doing more than winning comfortable decisions to be the stuff of legend; it'd be an uphill battle.

Regardless, if Shane Mosley can beat Floyd I say 'Rumble, Old Man, Rumble!' and that Mosley makes Floyd's ass wait. I'm not sure how the rematch clause works, but I'd want to see Shane make the best of his win and get a shot at Manny.

If he can beat Floyd, I'd say he has a real chance against Manny- I'd be game. So, I voted for Mosley-Pacquiao.

Comment

He didn't want to fight because his allegations are unfounded.
                    Floyd never made the allegations his father did. Floyd didn't excatly deny them. You obviuosly feel Manny is a great fighter. I don't think floyd has any reason to duck manny, especially since manny has problems with boxers. The PED testing IMO was initiated by floyd to see hif he could increase his overall percenatge of the money.

Long before 10mil per lb and PED testing the issue most experts cited as the reason this fight wouldn't happen was money and how it was divided. You may disagree. I think manny has deserves every accolade he received. But he is not scaring Floyd. Nothing he has done in the ring would scare any great boxer.

Comment

I get it. you are a pac fan that just wants floyd to get his A$$ kicked. Maybe shane will. If not, then manny can get a chance.

How about this, New York requires random ost tesing on blood and urine, floyd and pac fight at madison square garden, new york state gives both a tax break. That way I get what I want (random testing of both fighters) you get what you want (manny taking comission required tests) both fighters get paid and we see a great fight.

Just be careful. Floyd is tougher than you give him credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X