Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the record Sergio Martinez is not Bernard Hopkins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    did the ts say he's easy to hit? .....
    He's not hard to hit. Wouldn't say easy, but he's no defensive master.

Comment

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
      I agree. People act like he is so slick, and such a great defense, yet we just got done watching Pwill pepper him all fight.
      This is why you cannot be taken seriously. Williams, just like Dirrell is a black American and so you'll hug them to the end. I think Williams won the fight but it could have easily gone to Martinez.

Comment

first of all, williams should have lost that fight against martinez. i felt martinez landed the better shots and overall fought the better fight. Williams did exactly what i thought hed do and martinez proved that Williams can be damaged with good movement and an intelligent gameplan.

The fact is, williams isnt the untouchable monster that you think he is, infact, id like to see just how much that martinez fight took out of him. Its only a matter of time until he gets laid the **** out at this point, while people have never been in a hurry to fight him, Martinez pretty much followed the Quintana blueprint and used movement and timing to throw him off. Overall Martinez is a superior fighter to Williams.

Martinez should beat pavlik. Kelly is so ****ing one demensional and at this point is fighting for his career. i hope Kelly gets beatdown

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          This is why you cannot be taken seriously. Williams, just like Dirrell is a black American and so you'll hug them to the end. I think Williams won the fight but it could have easily gone to Martinez.
          Did Martinez not get peppered all fight long? Don't act like you know me. Williams got peppered all night to, but who won has nothing to do with how easy someone is to hit.

Im white BTW dip****..

I dont base which fighters I like on race.

Comment

Did Martinez not get peppered all fight long? Don't act like you know me. Williams got peppered all night to, but who won has nothing to do with how easy someone is to hit.

Im white BTW dip****..

I dont base which fighters I like on race.
            Martinez made Williams look like a debuting amateur for the first 4 rounds in the version of the fight I saw. That immediately rules out 'being peppered all night long'.

Comment

I agree. People act like he is so slick, and such a great defense, yet we just got done watching Pwill pepper him all fight.
              That's because he's not slick, but part of his defense is that he controls range (a hell of a lot better than Pavlik btw see:Espino fight). His defense is a lot similar to Pacquiao's, in that, he steps in and out of range.

Pavlik has deceptively quick hands, but his feet and reflex speed make him a sitting duck, who will get counter punched constantly.

Comment

My point being... Martinez is not impossible to hit like people are making it seem. If Pavlick lands some of the shots Pwill did, its going to be over.

I will bet anyone as many points as you want, that Pavlik wins by tko/ko,

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  So when Pavlik looks all uncoordinated against a fairly slick southpaw, I won't say I didn't tell you so.

Pavlik may outlast him and get him late, but in no way shape or form will this be one sided.
                  this.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    first of all, williams should have lost that fight against martinez. i felt martinez landed the better shots and overall fought the better fight. Williams did exactly what i thought hed do and martinez proved that Williams can be damaged with good movement and an intelligent gameplan.

The fact is, williams isnt the untouchable monster that you think he is, infact, id like to see just how much that martinez fight took out of him. Its only a matter of time until he gets laid the **** out at this point, while people have never been in a hurry to fight him, Martinez pretty much followed the Quintana blueprint and used movement and timing to throw him off. Overall Martinez is a superior fighter to Williams.

Martinez should beat pavlik. Kelly is so ****ing one demensional and at this point is fighting for his career. i hope Kelly gets beatdown
                    Bro who mentioned Paul Williams?

He struggles with slick southpaws. We know this. Fact is Martinez loss and Williams won. Martinez was crawling around the ring gasping for air and after the fight out his own mouth said he took rounds off. How is it only a matter of time before he gets layed out? Hes coming off a win. Actually a CLOSE fight that couldve went either way. In a fight of the year candidate. Which means BOTH fighters had alot taken out of them. Martinez said out his own mouth that was the toughest fight of his career so lets not act liek he walked through Williams. Paul landed on his grill at will. He fought 3 fights against guys with the style to beat him. He needs to get praise for that. Not hate.

On Pavlik vs. Martinez. I made this thread in response to people saying he will do what Hopkins did. Without realizing Hopkins is a 6-1, 185 Pounder who can fight at crusier weight if he wanted to.

Martinez fights with his hands at his waist. Which wont be smart vs. Pavlik. Pavlik has the jab and powerful right hand to keep Martinez honest. Watching the Citron fight showed hints of that. Pavlik is heavy handed and has a big workrate. Not a Williams workrate but he lets his hands go. He also will attack the body which will help take Martinez's legs out. Martinez will be gassed just like vs. Williams and Pavlik will stop him.
                    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM.

Comment

He's not hard to hit. Wouldn't say easy, but he's no defensive master.
                      He moves well,and he measures distance better than I can recall ever seeing. he hardly gets hit - he knows when he's in or out of the danger zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X