Top 10 NON-BIASED Observations from Mayweather - Mosley 24-7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
    Things i noticed.

Shane owned Floyd when he talked about what Floyd said to Shane back in the day saying he wanted to be just like Shane. Clearly hurt Floyds ego and was clearly true.

I think it was true also. And I think Floyd really resented Shane doing that.

Think about this: it is 1999. Shane is #2 p4p and Floyd is, like, #17 p4p. Hot prospect/contender making a name.

Shane comes to Floyd's dressing room to wish him luck (that speaks volumes in and of itself):

Shane says : I just wanted to wish you good luck. You are a terrific fighter.
    Floyd says: Thanks man. I'm just trying to do like you - trying to get to where you're at.
    Shane: Thanks. Have a great fight.
    Floyd: Thanks. Later.

That is a conversation that takes place ALL THE TIME. we saw that exact convo take place with Floyd and Andre Ward. And Floyd and Chad Dawson.

In Floyd's mind, Shane is trying to use a professional courtesy against him.

Comment

Oh... I forgot to mention. Roger's t-shirt:

"TAXES SUCK"

Comment

nice observations bro, i share that same sentimate towards that 24/7 episode

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
          nice observations bro, i share that same sentimate towards that 24/7 episode
          Whenever someone has to fight Floyd, they check to see if Steve Forbes is available for sparring work as a PBF imitator. So what does Floyd do? He hired Stevie himself.
          Good move.

Even though Forbes fights nothing like Shane, it was a smart to block the competition.

I hope we get to see sparring this time. i hate that FMJ is so secretive with the gym work.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
            Irish silver? What am I, a Philistine?
            You're close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
              You're close to it.
              Ahhh. The comic wit.

Mabuhay, champ.

Comment

This is the guy people are calling a Mayweather stooge. It is pretty shameless that he has worked his whole career, and you would just try to tear him down because of petty jealousy and rumours. Sound familiar?

Travis T. Tygart joined USADA in October 2002 as Director of Legal Affairs.

In October 2004, he became Senior Managing Director and General Counsel, overseeing all legal and communication matters for USADA, including the prosecution of alleged doping offenses in arbitration before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Tygart was involved with drafting the USADA Protocol for Olympic Movement Testing and the World Anti-Doping Agency's Code, the core document that provides a framework for anti-doping policies, rules, and regulations within sport organizations and among public authorities.

He served as the legal expert for the WADA Independent Observer Team at the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, England and was a USADA representative at the 2003 World Conference on Doping in Sport in Copenhagen, Denmark. Tygart also has been a participant at the Council of Europe, the Association of National Anti-Doping Agencies and was a presenter at the 2003 WADA Out-of-Competition (OOC) Symposium.

He is a frequent invited speaker at sports conferences, including “Play the Game” in Copenhagen, the Harvard and Stanford Sports Law Conferences, the National Institute for Sports Law, and the American Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Law Forum.

Tygart currently serves on the board of advisors for the Taylor Hooton Foundation, the Society for Major League Baseball (MLB) Strength and Conditioning Coaches, and the House Government Reform Committee's Zero Tolerance Roundtable.

Prior to joining USADA, Tygart was an associate in the sports law practice group at Holme, Roberts and Owen, LLP (HRO). While at HRO, Tygart worked with individual athletes and several sport en******, including the United States Olympic Committee (USOC), USA Basketball, USA Swimming, USA Volleyball, the Pro Rodeo Cowboys’ Association, and the Mountain West Conference.

Originally from Jacksonville, Fla., Tygart graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a bachelor’s degree in philosophy and earned his J.D. from Southern Methodist University in 1999, graduating Order of the Coif. He has published law review articles addressing anti-doping issues, the antitrust implications for professional sports, and Title IX’s impact on high school athletics.

Comment

good post, good observations

Comment

Good post.

I also got the vibes that Mayweather is genuinely confident of winning, whilst Shane isn't so much and is perhaps thinking about 'trying to win' instead of just to simply 'win'.

Comment

good post TS

Comment

Working...
                      X