Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Mayweather interview (Floyd and Pac)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    Pac isn't taking those test, Floyd is sticking to his guns, fights not happening...let it go and move on.
    Then you agreed that he was the one who ducked out of the fight, right? Like Jeff said, one made agreed to everything, and one man agreed to everything except one thing.

Comment

Pac isn't taking those test, Floyd is sticking to his guns, fights not happening...let it go and move on.
      that's the way it seems....

i think something HAS to give tho.....this fight is too big, and too important to the sport. somebody will break, and i think it'll be manny.

i just find it hard to believe floyd would go through all the trouble about the testing, make shane take the tests, then drop them for manny....

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
        RM: I asked Freddie Roach how Manny would fare in fights at 135 against Roberto Duran and Pernell Whitaker. Floyd cleaned house at lightweight during his time there, so how would you see those two fantasy fights playing out against ‘Manos de Piedra’ and ‘Sweet Pea’?

JM: I think that Floyd would probably beat Duran. Leonard beat him at welterweight, but he basically had the blueprint on how to beat him. Floyd always fights that way, so I don’t see Duran having anything except a puncher’s chance against Floyd. Don’t get me wrong; Duran was a great fighter, but he’d have problems with Floyd. Floyd would probably beat him by decision. With Whitaker, it would be a very tough fight, and the only advantage in that is that Floyd is the better puncher. To be honest, Floyd’s hands are faster than Pernell Whitaker’s. The thing about Pernell is that he was a very good body puncher. They’re equal in a lot of aspects. So it’s probably a pick ’em fight, but I’d lean towards Floyd, because he’s a little faster and is the better puncher.

Nobody is that much better than Duran that Duran only has "A punchers chance" to beat. Duran beat an undefeated Prime Sugar Ray Leonard at 147....a fighter who is a way better pure boxer than Floyd, so what makes him think Floyd will make it look easy. Dude lost credibility with that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
          Then you agreed that he was the one who ducked out of the fight, right? Like Jeff said, one made agreed to everything, and one man agreed to everything except one thing.
          Manny didn't duck ****. If he don't get into contract negotiations with someone if you are ducking them. Get real man.

Comment

And Pac fans everywhere celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
              Yeah, he's such an idiot. Now he won't even make half of that money fighting that bum Shane. Pac made 40 million fighting the best welterweight out there in Clottey. I wish Floyd was half as smart as Manny Pacquiao.
              That's right, Shane is nothing but a bum...5 loses, an undercard fighter, a known steriod user who could still be using steriod.
              Last edited by ModernTalking; 04-09-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Nobody is that much better than Duran that Duran only has "A punchers chance" to beat. Duran beat an undefeated Prime Sugar Ray Leonard at 147....a fighter who is a way better pure boxer than Floyd, so what makes him think Floyd will make it look easy. Dude lost credibility with that statement.
                Sugar Ray Leonard wasn't "A way better pure boxer" than Floyd, and Leonard is my all time favorite boxer right up there with Ali.

And the second time SRL and Duran fought, did SRL not make Duran quit?

Comment

Originally posted by TYREL View Post
                  that's the way it seems....

i think something HAS to give tho.....this fight is too big, and too important to the sport. somebody will break, and i think it'll be manny.

i just find it hard to believe floyd would go through all the trouble about the testing, make shane take the tests, then drop them for manny....
                  SHane and Floyd are gonna do 1.5 -1.7 million buys so Manny can forget about Floyd giving in to a 50-50 split. Arum aint taking anything less than that which is another road block. Another thing is top rank can easiy do 1-1.5mill with Margarito on top of Manny raping a desperate Margarito with a 80-20 something split.

Team Pac is good and has alot of fights on the table. They aint bowing down to no one.....and we know Floyd damn sure isn't either. Floyd aint settling for anything less that 60% of the purse, OST, and the fight in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by Nike Phats View Post
                    And Pac fans everywhere celebrate.
                    We are just laughing that Floyd would give up $40mills for a tespoon of blood.

Comment

Manny didn't duck ****. If he don't get into contract negotiations with someone if you are ducking them. Get real man.
                      All i know is that the fight fell through because one man didn't agreed to one demand, while the other man agreed to every demands. If anyone is more to blame, it's the one guy who didn't agreed to everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X