Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell - World class skill,but lacks heart,strength and mental toughness.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
    Wahhhhh more AA fans crying because their boy can't play by the rules
    I'm not an AA fan.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
      Well i disagree....he stood rite infront of AA the whole night and put on a clinic actually.......
      True that,and it was a masterful display at times,but AA wasnt really that aggressive and what happened after the foul left me with even more doubts about his heart/mental toughness.

Comment

Originally posted by Profanosaurus View Post
        When I watched the AA fight I was prepared to give Andre the benefit of the doubt over allegations of play acting,however having seen it dozens of times since from every conceivable angle,I just cannot see how a world title level fighter could have been hurt,let alone ko'd into convulsion city by a punch that barely landed and wasnt thrown with any serious intention,basically little more than a tap.

Having watched a few of Dirrell's fights,but particularly the Froch and Aa fights,he doesnt really appear to have the stomach for a fight or the heart of a champion. I find this sad in a way because he has some superb boxing skills.

I truly believe that his lack of mental toughness is going to find him out in his next few fights. I can see him quitting or pulling some kind of stunt in the ring.

Anyone else noticed this?
        I 100% agree with this. He has great skill but he lacks the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          if thats what u believe u saw then u are eighter new to boxing and dont recognize a good punch when u see it, or u simply choose to see what u want to see.

to say it barely landed is a blatant lie, it landed as good as a punch can possibly land. maybe u think a good punch is supposed to land right between the eyes but thats not the case, its supposed to land on the chin and if it lands on eighter side of the chin it will cause the head to snap in in the other direction. maybe to someone who barely watched boxing that looks like it barely landed, but it was as clean a punch as u can land.

as far as the power goes, same thing. someone who knows boxing can see abraham pivots of his foot and turns his hips and shoulders into the punch for full power. "little more than a tap".. please.. if thats what u believe u dont know a good punch when u see one.

i doubted dirrells mental toughness going into the AA fight, he threw away the froch fight which was an easy fight had he fought at his full potential. in the ring before the fight i thought he looked scared to death, i was expecting and annhilation. but he got in there like a true champ and controled his fear rather than letting his fear control him. the fear worked for him, keeping him focused enough to fight at is very best. something we didnt see against froch, the fight was a masterpiece. picasso painted, ray charles sang.. this was dirrells work of art, turning boxing into an art form. abraham got frustrated and knocked him out with an illegal punch, end of story.
          I have been watching boxing for nearly thirty years,boxed in the army and count several pros as friends. I also spend a lot of time in the gym as my son boxes. I know a KO when I see one. A lot of fighters would have gotten pissed if they got hit with a cheap shot like that,but then there are the ten percenters(include Ortiz,Campbell in that maybe) who will use a situation like that to their advantage.

Like I said,I have no problem with the DQ,and in the interest of balance,I also found AA's constant complaining about low blows distasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            if thats what u believe u saw then u are eighter new to boxing and dont recognize a good punch when u see it, or u simply choose to see what u want to see.

to say it barely landed is a blatant lie, it landed as good as a punch can possibly land. maybe u think a good punch is supposed to land right between the eyes but thats not the case, its supposed to land on the chin and if it lands on eighter side of the chin it will cause the head to snap in in the other direction. maybe to someone who barely watched boxing that looks like it barely landed, but it was as clean a punch as u can land.

as far as the power goes, same thing. someone who knows boxing can see abraham pivots of his foot and turns his hips and shoulders into the punch for full power. "little more than a tap".. please.. if thats what u believe u dont know a good punch when u see one.

i doubted dirrells mental toughness going into the AA fight, he threw away the froch fight which was an easy fight had he fought at his full potential. in the ring before the fight i thought he looked scared to death, i was expecting and annhilation. but he got in there like a true champ and controled his fear rather than letting his fear control him. the fear worked for him, keeping him focused enough to fight at is very best. something we didnt see against froch, the fight was a masterpiece. picasso painted, ray charles sang.. this was dirrells work of art, turning boxing into an art form. abraham got frustrated and knocked him out with an illegal punch, end of story.
            Please tell him again!

Comment

Dirrell vs Ward will tell us mre about dirrells heart and skills

Comment

Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
                Great video rebuttal! / thread destroyer!
                No its not. That punch was nothing more than a glancing blow.

Comment

If only Dirrell had the heart of Froch.

Comment

First time I gave Dirrell the benefit of the doubt, but after hearing he didn't even spend the night in hospital I have become highly doubtful of his supposed damage from the punch.

There is no way on earth someone who had suffered memory loss, symptoms of concussion, convulsions, loss of conciousness and severe confusion would be discharged (same day) without a CT scan and (at least) a night under observation being woken every 30 mins to test motor responses. Jermaine Taylor spent a weekend in hospital after the Abraham fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Šemise View Post
                      If only Dirrell had the heart of Froch.

too right, totally agree

Comment

Working...
                      X